Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Casting Call: 80's X-Men

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Tigerstriper
    Avatar image for 2000_years_anthem
    2000_years_anthem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 2000_years_anthem

I dunno about about dylan playing as cyclops i always thought that Keanu Reeves will fit to play as cyclops and agreed on russel as wolverine

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Kurt Russel would have been an amazing Wolverine, he was a bit too old for the part

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By redleigh86

@Tigerstriper: My only suggestion would be that Terence Stamp is too young imo to play Magneto in the 80s. Or her looked too young. What about Christopher Lee? I think Peter Weller would be too young for Prof X too, but I can't think of someone else... unless you're going younger for those characters, in which they're good lol. Oh, and for Cyclops, rather than Matt Dillon, my vote would be for Rob Lowe!

(btw, Kurt Russel for Wolverine is ACE casting!)

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

These would be perfect actors to play the parts if the movie was actually made in the eighties. Dolph Lundgren? Self-inflicted black eye.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By papad1992

Pretty good choices in line up... not the best matches but pretty good ones!! Not too sure about the Shadowcat match up though!!

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tigerstriper

Thanks everyone, I'll explain my choices a little bit further. I was aiming a bit young for my cast, I had more than one person in mind for the characters, and I may add a few more characters later.

Peter Weller as Professor X, I didn't want to go with Patrick Stewart. That was perfect casting, and it was waaayyy too easy. I came across a picture of Weller as Robocop without his helmet. Without his hair, he makes a pretty reasonable Xavier.

Matt Dillon wasn't my first choice to play Cyclops. I've always thought Michael Biehn would be perfect. But I went a little younger, and thought Matt would be a decent choice.

Storm was a tough choice, if this were a 70's or 90's cast, it would have been easier. I thought of a couple different actresses, but ultimately settled on Rae.

Dolph Lundgren as Colossus. Seriously would you pick ANYONE else to be Colossus in the 80's? I even remember as interview where he expressed interest in playing the big guy.

Shadowcat was another tough one. I was thinking of Drew Barrymore, but she was a bit too young. I even thought of a brunette Kerri Green, but she was a bit too old.

C. Thomas Howell is kind of an off the wall pick for Nightcrawler, but I was thinking of The Outsiders. A group of close friends, young and misunderstood, considered misfits and outcasts, feared and hated by society, who prove themselves to be honorable and self-sacrificing. Sound familiar?

Kurt Russel as Wolverine. A few actors came to mind here. Gibson, Stallone... but then I thought Kurt Russel. Hmm... Kurt Russel.... heck yeah! Bring on that level of cool bad@$$ery from Escape From New York, The Thing, and Big Trouble in Little China. I would have loved seeing him as Wolverine.

Diane Lane was my first choice for Phoenix, but she was the only person from the 80's I could really see as Rogue.

Phoenix. I wanted to go with Rachael Summers here. (Although could you imagine Geena Davis as Jean Grey?) Having seen Goonies recently, I went with Kerri.

Terence Stamp as Magneto. A little young yes, but in the 80's he was just recently coming off being de-aged. He wasn't my first choice however. Christopher Lloyd was. Hear me out on this one... Someone with the range to play the menacing Judge Doom in Roger Rabbit, but could also play the kindly mentor Doc Brown. But I thought that nobody else would go for it.

And there you have it. =^-^=

** BONUS **

Havok: Val Kilmer. It's a toss-up between him and Matthew Modine. If you like Matthew as Havok better, how do you feel about Val as Archangel?

Dazzler: Belinda Carlisle. I was watching this and thought Dazzler.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By X35

lol Kurt Russell as Wolverine... brilliant.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Thunderscream

I know technically this lineup was in effect during part of the 80s, BUT I kinda consider the post Mutant Massacre team to be the official 80s lineup.

Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus, Havok, Psylocke, Dazzler & Longshot

Interesting casting choices though

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By X35

@Thunderscream: Heartily agreed! that is the team that screams 80s to me the most too. :)

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tigerstriper

@Thunderscream:

I initially thought of that lineup, but kept changing my mind. Did you see these?

@Tigerstriper said:

** BONUS **

Havok: Val Kilmer. It's a toss-up between him and Matthew Modine. If you like Matthew as Havok better, how do you feel about Val as Archangel?

Dazzler: Belinda Carlisle. I was watching this and thought Dazzler.

Any ideas on who to cast as Psylocke & Longshot?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Thunderscream

@Tigerstriper: I can see Val as Havok

It's hard to wrap my head around casting actors IN the 80s since their modern images are so concretely engraved in my mind

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tigerstriper
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tigerstriper

So, any thoughts on what I should cast next?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.