Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Can Someone Tell Me The Differeance Between All The X Men Titles

the3rdborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the3rdborn

I like X men but thre are so much x men titles out there( EX: Wolverine and the X Men,Uncanny X men,Astonishing X men, X men legacy,X men and etc) whats the differeance between them all and which are the best

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Cause the X-Men had a Schism and there are different X teams and different stories. Uncanny X-Men and that section of titles dealing with Cyclops' half and his teams and Wolverine and the X-Men dealing with Wolverine's section and his teams.

Uncanny X-Men is my favorite. X-Men Legacy I have heard is pretty good, Wolverine and the X-men is pretty funny and a lighter X book. Uncanny X-Force is also a really good X book.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Team Wolverine:

• WatX: A book centered around Wolverine, Iceman and Kitty Pryde, who now head a school.
    • Astonishing X-Men: Dealing with the cast: Wolverine, Iceman, Northstar, Warbird, Gambit, Xi'an.
    • Uncanny X-Force: Deals with a team of killers, that kill so the rest of the X-Men can live in peace. Fantomex, Psylocke, Wolverine and Nightcrawler from the AoA universe.
    • X-Men Legacy: Centered aroung Rogue, Gambit, Frenzy and Cannonball.

Team Cyke:

• Uncanny X-Men. A book dealing with most of the powerhouses in the X-Men universe: Cyke, Storm, Emma Frost, Colossus, Danger, Magneto, Magik.
    • X-Men: A team led by Storm, including Warpath, Pixie (?), Domino and Psylocke (IIRC)
    • New Mutants: The New Mutants team, with X-Man additionally and Cannonball not on the team: Dani Moonstar, X-Man, Warlock, Cypher, Sunspot.

The largest differences is pretty much the cast, and on which team they are, which affects the scenarios they're in.

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MadRooster81

@ReVamp said:

Team Wolverine:

• WatX: A book centered around Wolverine, Iceman and Kitty Pryde, who now head a school.
    • Astonishing X-Men: Dealing with the cast: Wolverine, Iceman, Northstar, Warbird, Gambit, Xi'an.
    • Uncanny X-Force: Deals with a team of killers, that kill so the rest of the X-Men can live in peace. Fantomex, Psylocke, Wolverine and Nightcrawler from the AoA universe.

Team Cyke:

• Uncanny X-Men. A book dealing with most of the powerhouses in the X-Men universe: Cyke, Storm, Emma Frost, Colossus, Danger, Magneto, Magik.
    • X-Men: A team led by Storm, including Warpath, Pixie (?), Domino and Psylocke (IIRC)
    • New Mutants: The New Mutants team, with X-Man additionally and Cannonball not on the team: Dani Moonstar, X-Man, Warlock, Cypher, Sunspot.

The largest differences is pretty much the cast, and on which team they are, which affects the scenarios they're in.

X-Men also have some sort of guest star for a story arc. I think right now Spider-Man and the FF are in it. Also there is Generation Hope (focus on Hope and her new mutant team) and X-Factor.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Uncanny is action orientated and is somewhat like a para-military/political drama. WatXM is light hearted, sitcomish book. X-Force is dark, gritty espoinage. Legacy revolves around Rouge and her exploits. New Mutants is supposed to be be the cleanup crew, that ties up "loose ends" like saving mutants that have been missing, but it's really just a book that follows the characters of the New Mutants. X-Men is supposed to be the international team, but it's mostly been a team-up book with other Marvel characters. Brian Wood is going to write it so it might be easy to jump on next issue.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

Is Storm the leader in the plain old 'X-Men' book? The new cover suggests so. Maybe not, huh?

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MadRooster81

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

Uncanny is action orientated and is somewhat like a para-military/political drama. WatXM is light hearted, sitcomish book. X-Force is dark, gritty espoinage. Legacy revolves around Rouge and her exploits. New Mutants is supposed to be be the cleanup crew, that ties up "loose ends" like saving mutants that have been missing, but it's really just a book that follows the characters of the New Mutants. X-Men is supposed to be the international team, but it's mostly been a team-up book with other Marvel characters. Brian Wood is going to write it so it might be easy to jump on next issue.

I like that Brian Woods is going to be writing it. This has been my least favorite of the X-Men titles.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@cjbostick81:Yeah, the entire book has been pretty pointless and I didn't like the vampire plot. Hopefully it becomes better.

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MadRooster81

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Yeah it was nothing spectacular. I'd like a fresh new direction with it and I think Brian Woods could do just that. I've been debating picking up the next issue, but I might just have to now.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@cjbostick81 said:

@ReVamp said:

Team Wolverine:

Team Cyke:

X-Men also have some sort of guest star for a story arc. I think right now Spider-Man and the FF are in it. Also there is Generation Hope (focus on Hope and her new mutant team) and X-Factor.

I didn't know about that, thanks.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Remi

@ReVamp said:

You forgot Deadpool :P

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReVamp

@Remi: Deadpool died a while ago. I mean, I heard there was something left, akin to Shift and Metamorpho -- but it doesn't matter.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Remi

@ReVamp:

? He's alive.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReVamp

@Remi said:

@ReVamp:

? He's alive.

It was a joke. I shan't explain it.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Remi

@ReVamp said:

@Remi said:

@ReVamp:

? He's alive.

Meh.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@Remi said:

@ReVamp said:

@Remi said:

@ReVamp:

? He's alive.

Meh.

Your trolling skills are leaving something to be desired.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Twentyfive said:

Is Storm the leader in the plain old 'X-Men' book? The new cover suggests so. Maybe not, huh?

What made you think that ?

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By karetaker

@ReVamp: how did AOA night crawler get in that.i havent been reading ,can you get me up to date?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReVamp

@karetaker said:

@ReVamp: how did AOA night crawler get in that.i havent been reading ,can you get me up to date?

Basically: The team goes to the AoA universe in a story arc, where they fight a villain with the help of some of the AoA cast. In the culmination of the story, some of the AoA bad guys go the the 616 Uni, and AoA Kurt comes to the universe for... well, revenge I guess. Retribution. Whatever.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By karetaker

@ReVamp: thank you. so that means all 616 feats are lost or should we consider them equal?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReVamp

@karetaker: I'm not sure what you mean.

AoA feats for AoA Nightcrawler, as well as 616 feats for AoA Nightcrawler are both acceptable.

Feats by 616 Kurt on the other hand, are not acceptable for AoA Nightcrawler.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By karetaker

@ReVamp said:

@karetaker:

Feats by 616 Kurt on the other hand, are not acceptable for AoA Nightcrawler.

thats what i was trying to ask about. anyway thanks for the help

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Twentyfive

@AgeofHurricane: Well, I just saw the cover to the next issue, and thought she was. I was wrong. Not a big deal either way.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Twentyfive said:

@AgeofHurricane: Well, I just saw the cover to the next issue, and thought she was. I was wrong. Not a big deal either way.

Um, sorry, but she actually is the leader of the team in that title, has been since Regenesis kicked in.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Twentyfive

@AgeofHurricane: I think I know where we misunderstood each other. The book is called "X-Men"

. No adjectives or anything. That doesn't mean she's leader of the X-Men.

Anyway, here's the cover to X-Men #30. And in the Preview, I saw that Pixie was taking orders from Storm...

Here it is anyway.

No Caption Provided
    Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Uncanny X-Men is my favorite title. It deals with the hatred and fear of the humans, while also having the X-Men appear as a nuclear deterrent. The X-Men are protecting an island nation, as opposed to a school. I like the tension that comes with being world leaders, but I would like all of the X-Men to return to the school in a few years. It has been fun having Scott as a leader, but clearly he is better at leading the team into combat than being the pacifist leader the team needs. They should return to the school and have Prof. X be the leader. ONCE AND FOR ALL!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Twentyfive said:

@AgeofHurricane: I think I know where we misunderstood each other. The book is called "X-Men"

. No adjectives or anything. That doesn't mean she's leader of the X-Men.

Anyway, here's the cover to X-Men #30. And in the Preview, I saw that Pixie was taking orders from Storm...

Here it is anyway.

No Caption Provided

I'll just quote myself on this one.

"Um, sorry, but she actually is the leader of the team in that title, has been since Regenesis kicked in."

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Twentyfive

@AgeofHurricane: Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. The thing is, Marvel is unnecessarily convoluted, and sometimes, you don't want to follow it. That's why I read books outside the X-Men and Avengers line like Daredevil, Journey into Mystery, and Ultimate Spider-Man.I may add X-Men, and Ultimate X-Men since Brian Wood is writing them.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Twentyfive said:

@AgeofHurricane: Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. The thing is, Marvel is unnecessarily convoluted, and sometimes, you don't want to follow it. That's why I read books outside the X-Men and Avengers line like Daredevil, Journey into Mystery, and Ultimate Spider-Man.I may add X-Men, and Ultimate X-Men since Brian Wood is writing them.

I wouldn't want to force you, but i think you should, his Alpha and Omega series was brill. And i hear his creator owned series like DBZ and Conan are pretty good too. I wouldn't want to force you, but it'd be a good idea to pick up both his runs of XM and ULTXM. Both previews are looking amazing.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Twentyfive

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Twentyfive said:

I wouldn't want to force you, but i think you should, his Alpha and Omega series was brill. And i hear his creator owned series like DBZ and Conan are pretty good too. I wouldn't want to force you, but it'd be a good idea to pick up both his runs of XM and ULTXM. Both previews are looking amazing.

Will do. I like his DMZ comic, and living in NYC, some of what he wrote strikes me because it's what I see. Haven't read his Conan yet. But I'll be picking his X-titles for sure. Thanks AoH.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Twentyfive said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Twentyfive said:

Will do. I like his DMZ comic, and living in NYC, some of what he wrote strikes me because it's what I see. Haven't read his Conan yet. But I'll be picking his X-titles for sure. Thanks AoH.

No problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.