Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Can someone give me a play-by-play of Schism?

• 68 results
    giantarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By giantarms

I don't follow single issues anymore, I always buy everything compiled as a Trade Paperback. I finished reading Second Coming last month and I've picked up a few Generation: Hope novels. Besides that, I'm waiting for Uncanny X-Force to hit paperback. 

Can anyone who is currently following the story through single issues tell me what's happening with Schism? The general story and why/how characters are at odds? I don't mind spoilers at all!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

The Catholic Church wanted to keep em statues... The Orthodox wouldn't then.... Oh different Schism.. Nyehehe! Sorry for the trolling. :D

TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TenguMan8

In short...Cyclops is being an a$$ and Wolverine is being a hypocrite.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

"Do what you feel you have to do"  -_- 
    -_- 
    -_- 
    -_-
     -_- 
    -_-
     -_-
     -_-

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    "Do what you feel you have to do"  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-
    LOL. 
    @TenguMan8 said:
    In short...Cyclops is being an a$$ and Wolverine is being a hypocrite.

Hows he being a hypocrite (not saying you're wrong, just can't remember, I'm sure he did something too)
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp: I think he means what happened with Idie AND what he's done with Laura
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:

I don't feel the two relationships can be compared in any shape or form. Laura is much different from Idie.
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Edgeworth_11
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    and he didn't want laura to be a killer. scott saw her as a weapon, but logan was an unwilling participant. he said if she wanna screw up her life (along with warpath) its their choice but he tried to warn them and was pissed at scott seeing her as a weapon.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ReVamp
    @Edgeworth_11 said:
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    and he didn't want laura to be a killer. scott saw her as a weapon, but logan was an unwilling participant. he said if she wanna screw up her life (along with warpath) its their choice but he tried to warn them and was pissed at scott seeing her as a weapon.
    ^
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp: I said Laur'A', what I'm trying to say is you know how Logan has so many daughters ? and Idie and Laura just being 2 out of them whom both have complex backgrounds, previously in Schism the new HellFire club raided some museum that Idie and Laurie (not Laura) happened to be in, Laurie ran off without Idie even though she told Idie to run and for some reason Idie stayed inside the building......she saw the A-Team of the X-Men get their asses handed to them, while this was happening Scott alerted Logan about the situation with the help of the Cuckoos, Logan was telling Idie to get out of the place as fast as she could but Scott wanted her to say and fight in the end she ended up killing the majority of enemies there and branded herself as a killer, the point is with Laura he ALLOWED it to happen, he may have cautioned her not to join but in the end Laura would have listened to what he had to say but Wolverine didn't say anything and was pissed at the fact that Cyclops was taking advantage of a situation that Logan brought Laura into when with Idie the same thing happened but this time he was majorly pissed and she ended up being a lost cause.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Edgeworth_11: It doesn't matter if he didn't want her to be a killer, he LET her be one and put her in an environment where it's all she could do, he's probably just as guilty as Cyclops if not more.
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Edgeworth_11
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @Edgeworth_11: It doesn't matter if he didn't want her to be a killer, he LET her be one and put her in an environment where it's all she could do, he's probably just as guilty as Cyclops if not more.
    Don't people change their stances in real life? Maybe Idie was the last straw? Or Logan knew of Laura's past and hated to admit it but knew she is a born killer? Just think about this further. you seem to want to throw the Schism story under the bus and looking for any excuse to do it. But not this time.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane: Yeah I was talking about Laura too. X 23. 
    But I guess that we simply disagree, Laura was amnipulated into doing what she did and believed she was helping some "nobler" cause and whatnot, he only allowed it to happen because he felt powerless to stop it as Laura wasn't listening to what he was saying. She had even reverted to her "machine" way of thinking. 
    The second thing is that Laura is a trained killer and has done much worse in her life, while Idie is just an innocent girl that ended up killing all those people. If Laura, for example, had been in that situation, she could have taken them out without killing them, because she has training and skill to back it up. Idie on the other hand was raised like a normal girl.
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edgeworth_11
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @ReVamp: I said Laur'A', what I'm trying to say is you know how Logan has so many daughters ? and Idie and Laura just being 2 out of them whom both have complex backgrounds, previously in Schism the new HellFire club raided some museum that Idie and Laurie (not Laura) happened to be in, Laurie ran off without Idie even though she told Idie to run and for some reason Idie stayed inside the building......she saw the A-Team of the X-Men get their asses handed to them, while this was happening Scott alerted Logan about the situation with the help of the Cuckoos, Logan was telling Idie to get out of the place as fast as she could but Scott wanted her to say and fight in the end she ended up killing the majority of enemies there and branded herself as a killer, the point is with Laura he ALLOWED it to happen, he may have cautioned her not to join but in the end Laura would have listened to what he had to say but Wolverine didn't say anything and was pissed at the fact that Cyclops was taking advantage of a situation that Logan brought Laura into when with Idie the same thing happened but this time he was majorly pissed and she ended up being a lost cause.
    And for the record, Scott never told Idie to kill anyone. He told her to do what she thinks is right.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Edgeworth_11: Everyone does unless their disabled, no Idie wasn't the last straw because Logan was merely minutes away from their, she could have hid a while longer before he came so that he could get the job done but no, Cyclops had to LIE to her by saying that they wouldn't make it in time putting courage in Idie and then that stupid speech, OF COURSE Logan knew of Laura's past but he could have HELPED her he could have done something !, he was the one that brought her to the X-Men in the first place and then shifted her into a covert killing team making her the out cast of some of her "friends", friends that Logan knew she needed when she first joined but friends he also pushed her away from, don't put words into my mouth, Schism is a great story but what Cyclops did was way out of line, idiot.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Edgeworth_11: Exactly.
    Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Edgeworth_11
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @Edgeworth_11: Everyone does unless their disabled, no Idie wasn't the last straw because Logan was merely minutes away from their, she could have hid a while longer before he came so that he could get the job done but no, Cyclops had to LIE to her by saying that they wouldn't make it in time putting courage in Idie and then that stupid speech, OF COURSE Logan knew of Laura's past but he could have HELPED her he could have done something !, he was the one that brought her to the X-Men in the first place and then shifted her into a covert killing team making her the out cast of some of her "friends", friends that Logan knew she needed when she first joined but friends he also pushed her away from, don't put words into my mouth, Schism is a great story but what Cyclops did was way out of line, idiot.
    You got issues man. No need for the name calling.
    Second, ReVamp summed it up perfectly. And as I said, Laura (X23) and Idie are 2 different people with very different up bringing. One was basically made to be used as a weapon. One is a normal girl who happened to be there.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp said:
    @AgeofHurricane: Yeah I was talking about Laura too. X 23.  But I guess that we simply disagree, Laura was amnipulated into doing what she did and believed she was helping some "nobler" cause and whatnot, he only allowed it to happen because he felt powerless to stop it as Laura wasn't listening to what he was saying. She had even reverted to her "machine" way of thinking.  The second thing is that Laura is a trained killer and has done much worse in her life, while Idie is just an innocent girl that ended up killing all those people. If Laura, for example, had been in that situation, she could have taken them out without killing them, because she has training and skill to back it up. Idie on the other hand was raised like a normal girl.
    I don't see how he felt powerless to stop it, (i would like to see some scans of Logan trying to stop fer from joining or killing while she was in X-Force if you can please) he was the only person that she would have listened to and she would have obeyed but he didn't do anything, he let it all happen to  girl who had already been traumatized and was putting her through more regardless of the way she thinks, Idie thinks herself a monster and she wasn't exactly raised as a normal girl either, being branded as a "witch" at a young age and being afraid of the gifts that she had, she thought that God was punishing her for something and take it from a Nigerian, having powers or ANYTHING that makes you a little different from your average human isn't going to give you good rep..if you get what i mean.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Edgeworth_11: Then stop putting words in my mouth and acting like you got a problem with me >.>,  and they may be different but they have their similarities.

P.S Idie isn't just an ordinary girl with normal thinking now that she has her powers, read her appearances.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

Spoilers are hiding in the bar of pink.

Hope this helps... I mean it probably didn't but at least I was more detailed than other people lulz.  
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReVamp
    @SC: I was about to skip reading this... Until I read who posted it. I HAVE to read it, right after I answer Hurricane.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane
    Well, you are right when on the point that the only thing he did was try to talk her outof it, but you are wrong about the only person she was listening was Logan. It wasn't, she was listening to Cyclops and obeying HIM, going into the analytical mind set. She was thinking like a computer, Cyclops was, arguably, using her as a weapon. Logan tried to talk to her, but she didn't heed his advice. This is seen perfectly in the first mission (I believe its the first) where X tries to blow them up, and wolverine has to point out Warpath DOESNT have a healing factor and that he could die from the explosion, but X simply goes on to try and hunt down the adversary. 
    And what you said about Idie isn't necessarily true, she had a normal upbringing UNTIL her powers began to show up, which was when she was branded a witch. This did not happen for too much time, so it is safe to say that she had 14 years of normal upbringing, which is different from C.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp: Uh'Huh.......Well i still think he should've talked her out of it or better still disbanded the team so that she wouldn't be a part of their mis-haps any more but I'm sure i don't need to go into detail about Idie, like "I'm a monster, and monsters should fight monsters" or "I wont burn in this life time, maybe the next" or w.e ,she's got her own way of thinking now that she has her powers because of her cultural background, not like any other American/European girl who has to worry about what they'll look like, etc.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @ReVamp: Uh'Huh.......Well i still think he should've talked her out of it or better still disbanded the team so that she wouldn't be a part of their mis-haps any more but I'm sure i don't need to go into detail about Idie, like "I'm a monster, and monsters should fight monsters" or "I wont burn in this life time, maybe the next" or w.e ,she's got her own way of thinking now that she has her powers because of her cultural background, not like any other American/European girl who has to worry about what they'll look like, etc.
    1. He tried. Didn't Work.
    2. Not possible, he knew X Force was necessary. Also it was beyond his control, if he disbanded it Cyclops would just send the others without him, as they believed hat they were doing to contribute to Mutant Kind. 
    3. I'm not sure what your point on Idie is? I thought we both agreed Wolverine wanted to keep her safe and so we were discussing about what he did with X... Right?
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp said:
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    1. He tried. Didn't Work. 2. Not possible, he knew X Force was necessary. Also it was beyond his control, if he disbanded it Cyclops would just send the others without him, as they believed hat they were doing to contribute to Mutant Kind.  3. I'm not sure what your point on Idie is? I thought we both agreed Wolverine wanted to keep her safe and so we were discussing about what he did with X... Right?
    1.Lmao.
    2.I understand now.
    3.Yes we have agreed.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    1. He tried. Didn't Work. 2. Not possible, he knew X Force was necessary. Also it was beyond his control, if he disbanded it Cyclops would just send the others without him, as they believed hat they were doing to contribute to Mutant Kind.  3. I'm not sure what your point on Idie is? I thought we both agreed Wolverine wanted to keep her safe and so we were discussing about what he did with X... Right?
    1.Lmao. 2.I understand now. 3.Yes we have agreed.
    Cool. I mean, you're still allowed to think whatever you want. I'm not saying Wolverine isn't a hypocrite, he might be. Its just that in this particular case I don't think he is. Still, to each his own. 
    @SC said:

Hope this helps... I mean it probably didn't but at least I was more detailed than other people lulz.  

Forgot to mention that this was Amazing.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ReVamp:  *red* lol thanks... Personally, I was hoping Axel would sing Patience but November Rain was a solid choice as well.  

On a more serious note, i think that would be so epic if comic books had more random cameos of characters who sort of just came on panel and started singing whilst the characters process an inner monologue. 
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @SC said:

This was so great, and so true. 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ReVamp
    @SC said:
    @ReVamp:  *red* lol thanks... Personally, I was hoping Axel would sing Patience but November Rain was a solid choice as well.   On a more serious note, i think that would be so epic if comic books had more random cameos of characters who sort of just came on panel and started singing whilst the characters process an inner monologue. 
    LOL. I think randomness is good, so I'd have to agree.
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TenguMan8
    @AgeofHurricane:  
    @ReVamp

Yeah I would have replied sooner to contribute something...but I just got on and AgeofHurricane already said basically everything I was thinking(thanks for that :) it saves me time responding)...but another thing that bothered me was the fact that Wolverine was supposed to be at the museum in the first place, so he can't really pin it all on Scott, that being said Scott made a very bad call, that in the end might have been unnecessary since Wolverine was already on his way...
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ReVamp
    @TenguMan8 said:
    @AgeofHurricane:  
    @ReVamp:   Yeah I would have replied sooner to contribute something...but I just got on and AgeofHurricane already said basically everything I was thinking(thanks for that :) it saves me time responding)...but another thing that bothered me was the fact that Wolverine was supposed to be at the museum in the first place, so he can't really pin it all on Scott, that being said Scott made a very bad call, that in the end might have been unnecessary since Wolverine was already on his way...
    No. He wasn't supposed to be, and even if he wasn't in the Bar, he probably would never have gone to the museum. (Like he didn't appear on the original New Avenger's debut to the world, he doesn't play "dancing monkey"). And he wasn't blaming on Scott the fact that the others got attacked, he was blaming him the fact he "forced" Idie to kill people. So your point isn't really valid in the first place.
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TenguMan8
    @ReVamp

Apparently I wasn't being very clear in that last post I know that Wolverine blames Scott because, he "forced" Idie to kill people. Regardless of whether or not Wolverine was going to show up at the museum, the fact that he didn't is his fault. If he had gone he could have been of some use during the attack. Saying that he doesn't play "Dancing Monkey" doesn't take away from the fact that he should have been there, which Scott already said....Despite this I realize that Wolverine couldn't have anticipated an attack on the museum which is why it is fine that he decided not to show up for it. I'm not blaming Wolverine for what happened because, it was Scott's stupid call.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ReVamp
    @TenguMan8
    How is it his fault that he didn't show up at the museum with idie? Even if he wasn't there Idie would never have been forced to to kill other if it wasn't for Scott. True, if Wolverine was there, there might be a chance that the X Men would not have been defeated (I doubt it, but still), it doesn't change anything. I'm not discussing the fact that it was Wolverine's fault or not that the X Men were "defeated", because that doesn't make him any less or more of a hypocrite. I'm discussing the fact that Cyclops forced Idie to kill people.
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TenguMan8
    @ReVamp said:
    How is it his fault that he didn't show up at the museum with idie? 
    I've already answered this.
    Even if he wasn't there Idie would never have been forced to to kill other if it wasn't for Scott.
    We agree on this 
    True, if Wolverine was there, there might be a chance that the X Men would not have been defeated (I doubt it, but still), it doesn't change anything. 
    We agree on this too :
    I'm not discussing the fact that it was Wolverine's fault or not that the X Men were "defeated", because that doesn't make him any less or more of a hypocrite. I'm discussing the fact that Cyclops forced Idie to kill people. 
    This isn't why he's a hypocrite...

At this point there is no reason to continue the discussion since AgeofHurricane already made my argument. IMO Wolverine is still a hypocrite, but we'll just have to agree to disagree :)
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ReVamp
    @TenguMan8
    Then please explain it to me again, because I believe the AgeOfHurricane Ended up convinced by my arguments. If it would be possible for you to explain why he is a hypocrite. Is it because of the way he treats Laurie different from Idie and "allowed" her to kill people. Cause I've already countered that...
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TenguMan8
    @ReVamp
    That's because someone else already convinced me that he was hypocrite by saying this... 

I feel the only reason Wolverine is a good leader for X-Force because it's a team of killers takes one to know one so of course he's going to be a good choice. He isn't any better than Cyclops is now. To me this would have made a lot more sense had Storm and Cyclops been the two differing ideology's at least she wouldn't look like a huge hypocrite. It's mind boggling just how little things will change after this ends, Wolverine will just go back to making risky and worse Cyclop-esque decisions and will be back trying to klll others and expect others to change just for the sake of his new sidekick which is still calling the kettle black because you had taken many peoples innocence without a second glance and there are two other teen girls who could use your guidance just as much as idie there shouldn't be an expection for who you want to help.

And then posting this..
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @TenguMan8 said:
    @ReVamp said:
    How is it his fault that he didn't show up at the museum with idie? 
    I've already answered this.
    Even if he wasn't there Idie would never have been forced to to kill other if it wasn't for Scott.
    We agree on this 
    True, if Wolverine was there, there might be a chance that the X Men would not have been defeated (I doubt it, but still), it doesn't change anything. 
    We agree on this too :
    I'm not discussing the fact that it was Wolverine's fault or not that the X Men were "defeated", because that doesn't make him any less or more of a hypocrite. I'm discussing the fact that Cyclops forced Idie to kill people. 
    This isn't why he's a hypocrite...  At this point there is no reason to continue the discussion since AgeofHurricane already made my argument. IMO Wolverine is still a hypocrite, but we'll just have to agree to disagree :)
    he's a parent now. all parents are hypocrites when it comes to their kids. if they are'nt their not doing their job right.
    TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TenguMan8
    @Avenging-X-Bolt:  

*nods in agreement* To true, man...to true
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ReVamp
    @TenguMan8
    Sorry didn't get this in my PM box. But basically I don't think its fair to compare Armor to Idie, specially in that situation. Cyclops wanted a LIVE catch, what Wolverine was saying was that if it came down to it and I am quoting, then she should kill the enemy and not risk her life. Essentialy she is saying that her life is worth more than whatever quarry they were planning. Also, please note that Idie did NOT need to kill anyone to save her life. Cyclops "FORCED" her so to speak to kill them by manipulating her. 
    Also, since they haven't seperated yet we don't know which idealogy is which, so please don't go making assumptions with that. Also, its apparent that Storm is with Cyke so she doesn't have anything against his ideaology which would lead me to believe that Wolverine has the most "aggressive" ideaology. 

I'm out for the night after this. 
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    A hypocrite is someone who say one thing and acts in a manner that directly violates what they said. Being a bad parent doesn't mean that you do this. If I beat my kid (a fictional example), it doesn't make me a hypocrite unless I say beating children is bad.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ReVamp said:
    @TenguMan8
    Sorry didn't get this in my PM box. But basically I don't think its fair to compare Armor to Idie, specially in that situation. Cyclops wanted a LIVE catch, what Wolverine was saying was that if it came down to it and I am quoting, then she should kill the enemy and not risk her life. Essentialy she is saying that her life is worth more than whatever quarry they were planning. Also, please note that Idie did NOT need to kill anyone to save her life. Cyclops "FORCED" her so to speak to kill them by manipulating her. 
    Also, since they haven't seperated yet we don't know which idealogy is which, so please don't go making assumptions with that. Also, its apparent that Storm is with Cyke so she doesn't have anything against his ideaology which would lead me to believe that Wolverine has the most "aggressive" ideaology. 

I'm out for the night after this. 
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: A hypocrite is someone who say one thing and acts in a manner that directly violates what they said. Being a bad parent doesn't mean that you do this. If I beat my kid (a fictional example), it doesn't make me a hypocrite unless I say beating children is bad.
    isnt that what Logan is doing? telling one person not to kill and telling someone else it's okay?
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42  Edited By lorex

The reason no one can agree about Schism is the contrived nature this split is suppost to be about. Yea Logan has a huge soft spot for wayward girls with the X-Men (not in a creepy pervert way either) but from what we have seen so far a disagreement over how Cyclops has guided some young X-Men as the source of this split is just plain stupid. The problem with Logan is over the last 5-10 years there have been so many writers with a different take on him that there is no consistent version of the character other than the claws. Some play up the lone wolf aspect, which is fine for the solo books, while others emphasize his surely  but friendly nature, while others focus on his fighting ability. The truth is found somewhere in the middle.  I have said this before but Aaron seems to play favorites in his writing and he portrays Logan in the most positive light in Schism, as if to make Cyclops look bad. Yes Cyclops instructions could have been more specific than "do what you fee you have too" but lets be honest that was bad writing on Aaron's part, and only served to move the plot along to get to the schism in the first place. Also while I am critiquing the 5 lights story has had very little training of these new comers which some of them desperately need. 
    The whole argument that Wolverine is a hypocrite goes back to my earlier point that depending on who is writing him Wolverine has shows capacity for varying levels of destruction. In Schism Aaron is playing heavily on Wolverine as a mentor who is unhappy with how his charges are being treated, and pushed too far. But as we all know if the situation calls for it Wolverine is ready, willing and able to kill someone. As for the Cyclops is a dick camp, well they has always been a bit of a dick over the years but not as much as everyone seems to think. The whole tone of Schism is to create a rift in the X-Men so Marvel can have a new Wolverine title to add to their collection, so no matter what I think, I get the feeling Wolverine will come out of it as a new leader within the X-Men (no matter how forced and contrived it is) and Cyclops is left to pick up the pieces.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ReVamp
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    Logan never said it was OK for Laura to kill.He might be making a bigger deal out of idie killing, but like I said they're two different people. 
    @lorex said:
    The reason no one can agree about Schism is the contrived nature this split is suppost to be about. Yea Logan has a huge soft spot for wayward girls with the X-Men (not in a creepy pervert way either) but from what we have seen so far a disagreement over how Cyclops has guided some young X-Men as the source of this split is just plain stupid. The problem with Logan is over the last 5-10 years there have been so many writers with a different take on him that there is no consistent version of the character other than the claws. Some play up the lone wolf aspect, which is fine for the solo books, while others emphasize his surely  but friendly nature, while others focus on his fighting ability. The truth is found somewhere in the middle.  I have said this before but Aaron seems to play favorites in his writing and he portrays Logan in the most positive light in Schism, as if to make Cyclops look bad. Yes Cyclops instructions could have been more specific than "do what you fee you have too" but lets be honest that was bad writing on Aaron's part, and only served to move the plot along to get to the schism in the first place. Also while I am critiquing the 5 lights story has had very little training of these new comers which some of them desperately need.  The whole argument that Wolverine is a hypocrite goes back to my earlier point that depending on who is writing him Wolverine has shows capacity for varying levels of destruction. In Schism Aaron is playing heavily on Wolverine as a mentor who is unhappy with how his charges are being treated, and pushed too far. But as we all know if the situation calls for it Wolverine is ready, willing and able to kill someone. As for the Cyclops is a dick camp, well they has always been a bit of a dick over the years but not as much as everyone seems to think. The whole tone of Schism is to create a rift in the X-Men so Marvel can have a new Wolverine title to add to their collection, so no matter what I think, I get the feeling Wolverine will come out of it as a new leader within the X-Men (no matter how forced and contrived it is) and Cyclops is left to pick up the pieces.

While there is some truth, not all of this is completely accurate. But its your opinion and I respect your opinion.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt
    Logan never said it was OK for Laura to kill.He might be making a bigger deal out of idie killing, but like I said they're two different people. 
    @lorex said:
    The reason no one can agree about Schism is the contrived nature this split is suppost to be about. Yea Logan has a huge soft spot for wayward girls with the X-Men (not in a creepy pervert way either) but from what we have seen so far a disagreement over how Cyclops has guided some young X-Men as the source of this split is just plain stupid. The problem with Logan is over the last 5-10 years there have been so many writers with a different take on him that there is no consistent version of the character other than the claws. Some play up the lone wolf aspect, which is fine for the solo books, while others emphasize his surely  but friendly nature, while others focus on his fighting ability. The truth is found somewhere in the middle.  I have said this before but Aaron seems to play favorites in his writing and he portrays Logan in the most positive light in Schism, as if to make Cyclops look bad. Yes Cyclops instructions could have been more specific than "do what you fee you have too" but lets be honest that was bad writing on Aaron's part, and only served to move the plot along to get to the schism in the first place. Also while I am critiquing the 5 lights story has had very little training of these new comers which some of them desperately need.  The whole argument that Wolverine is a hypocrite goes back to my earlier point that depending on who is writing him Wolverine has shows capacity for varying levels of destruction. In Schism Aaron is playing heavily on Wolverine as a mentor who is unhappy with how his charges are being treated, and pushed too far. But as we all know if the situation calls for it Wolverine is ready, willing and able to kill someone. As for the Cyclops is a dick camp, well they has always been a bit of a dick over the years but not as much as everyone seems to think. The whole tone of Schism is to create a rift in the X-Men so Marvel can have a new Wolverine title to add to their collection, so no matter what I think, I get the feeling Wolverine will come out of it as a new leader within the X-Men (no matter how forced and contrived it is) and Cyclops is left to pick up the pieces.
    While there is some truth, not all of this is completely accurate. But its your opinion and I respect your opinion.
    ok, im confused now. i thought he told Idie it was ok to kill but told laura it wasn't.......
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReVamp
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: What happened is basically Cyclops asked Idie (in a manipulative manner) to "take care" of some men and by that kill them. Wolvie was against it. He was AGAINST Idie killing, not for it.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: What happened is basically Cyclops asked Idie (in a manipulative manner) to "take care" of some men and by that kill them. Wolvie was against it. He never was AGAINST Idie killing not for it.
    this makes absolutely no sense.  you say he was against it and then say he was never against it.....
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @TenguMan8: ^.^
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @ReVamp: I was ? >.>
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @ReVamp said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: What happened is basically Cyclops asked Idie (in a manipulative manner) to "take care" of some men and by that kill them. Wolvie was against it. He never was AGAINST Idie killing not for it.
    this makes absolutely no sense.  you say he was against it and then say he was never against it.....

How I read what he is saying is as follows, is that Wolverine is a realist yes? If it comes down to it, he is more than happy for Idie to kill to keep herself alive. Its just that she should not have to ever be put in such a situation to have to make that choice. So for Cyclops to put Idie in that situation is wrong to Wolverine. 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ReVamp
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    @ReVamp: I was ? >.>
    You weren't????

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.