Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Can someone explain all new xmen?

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So im kinda confused with the future brotherhood storyline #26-29... i think this time travelling thing is starting to really mess with my head. I can see why beast is going crazy in the issues when he is trying to draw the time line on the chalk board. So questions... after BoTA did the surviving brotherhood members go back into the future? or what happened to them? Also from this stoty line I gather they were all good besides raze during that event but being controlled. Raze and future chuck are half brothers. Future jean is dead/alive i dont know as xorn was just being controlled by xavior? Any ways even me asking questions i get muddled up, can anyone else help me understand this story line? P.s. also with the way the whole letter arriving in the future thing works, it leaves the plot open for this brotherhood coming back as many time as they like.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell said:

So im kinda confused with the future brotherhood storyline #26-29... i think this time travelling thing is starting to really mess with my head. I can see why beast is going crazy in the issues when he is trying to draw the time line on the chalk board. So questions... after BoTA did the surviving brotherhood members go back into the future? or what happened to them? Also from this stoty line I gather they were all good besides raze during that event but being controlled. Raze and future chuck are half brothers. Future jean is dead/alive i dont know as xorn was just being controlled by xavior? Any ways even me asking questions i get muddled up, can anyone else help me understand this story line? P.s. also with the way the whole letter arriving in the future thing works, it leaves the plot open for this brotherhood coming back as many time as they like.

any time they lose who ever survives sends a letter to themselves in the future the exact moment they were deciding if it would be a good idea to go back in time, warning them of how they failed last time, that's how they keep coming back. Xavier was controlling them all, future jean apparently was just psychic energy, like a ghost puppet type thing. once xavier fled, she dispersed into nothingness. In order for the letters to stop, raze or xavier would have to die at the same time ( since they are the ring leaders), OR if they survive never be allowed a pen or paper. idk how he was able to mail that letter to be honest....someone would have to be stupid enough to deliver it.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: does that mean that when the letter is received they no longer make the choice to go back and so are no longer in the present, e.g. now we dont have 2 future xavior's in the present but none

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell said:

@w0nd: does that mean that when the letter is received they no longer make the choice to go back and so are no longer in the present, e.g. now we dont have 2 future xavior's in the present but none

they read how they lost, and avoid it, so they are coming back either after they are captured or right before, but the xmen remember beating them once already, and question how they keep coming back, so that means more than one xavier is running around, if they went back in time before they got captured, or lost, then the xmen wouldn't remember beating them and question how they keep coming back. so now we have time duplicates running around, or the writers didnt think that through, that or I am mistaken.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordMordor

no, there is definitely two Xavier Jr's running around.....the one that appeared in BotA was crippled by future colossus. This one was able to walk. Crippled Xavier along with that Raze, Molly Hays, and that Ice hulk are still around. Now it seems another Raze and the Xavier that can walk are in SHEILD custody

There is also a strong possibility that the events of BotA DID in fact alter that particular future timeline. Note that while in BotA beast and the other members of the brotherhood were rather talkative. beast in particular was very passionate about his position. But in the recent attack on the Xavier school they were all much more subdued and quite, even Deadpool only had 1 line I believe. Also there was the fact that Xorn was in fact Jean Grey, but now is just a puppet of psychic energy. Their origin was also presented differently. In the first case it seemed they were allied with the X-men, until that timelines president Dazzler was killed and they went rouge. In the next version it seems Xavier was evil from the beginning.

Emma even makes note of this, saying that maybe this means that Teen-Jean's future isn't set in stone, and that she might be capable of changing her fate and not becoming Xorn, or even Phoenix.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, there is definitely two Xavier Jr's running around.....the one that appeared in BotA was crippled by future colossus. This one was able to walk. Crippled Xavier along with that Raze, Molly Hays, and that Ice hulk are still around. Now it seems another Raze and the Xavier that can walk are in SHEILD custody

This Xavier Jr is always in a yellow wheel chair. The only times he is standing up, is in the astral plane.

The BotA conflict is inevitable, of that I'm certain. I believe that no matter what happens, when the Brotherhood attacks the NXS, the ANXM team always wins. There's a time-loop:
    The first note said how to beat them, but then Jean developed this new power during the Trial, which Young Xavier didn't know about, so they lose.
    Now that they have a second note explaining this new power set, the future Brotherhood is going to come back (for a "third" time) and create an alternative time line in which things don't go according to plan and they are beaten again. So they write their future selves a new note and so on...

That's the only way I see it possible for them to keep coming back, always thinking they have a strategy that guarantees their victory and getting their posteriors kicked.

I have to admit, there are a few holes in my theory: mainly the fact that we "see" Old-Beast and Future-Deadpool die during BotA.

There is also a strong possibility that the events of BotA DID in fact alter that particular future timeline. Note that while in BotA beast and the other members of the brotherhood were rather talkative. beast in particular was very passionate about his position. But in the recent attack on the Xavier school they were all much more subdued and quite, even Deadpool only had 1 line I believe. Also there was the fact that Xorn was in fact Jean Grey, but now is just a puppet of psychic energy. Their origin was also presented differently. In the first case it seemed they were allied with the X-men, until that timelines president Dazzler was killed and they went rouge. In the next version it seems Xavier was evil from the beginning.

This might be because now they don't have to pretend to be the X-Men. Plus, some part of Xavier Jr's power are focused on the faux Xorna and probably in his psychic energy wheelchair.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.