C2E2: X-Men Panel - Battle of the Atom Crossover and More

• 86 results
Posted by G-Man (34125 posts) - - Show Bio

C2E2 saw some pretty big news for the X-Men corner of the Marvel Universe.

X-Men: Battle of the Atom

We know the original X-Men from the past have been brought to the present in ALL-NEW X-MEN. The reason for this was to try to save the future. Because it's not going quite as planned, a group of X-Men decided it's time for them to go back. Only it's not necessarily a team of X-Men we've really seen before...yet.

Get ready to see the X-Men from the future. They are making their way to the present with one mission - send the original X-Men back to their time...by any means necessary.

X-Men: Battle of the Atom marks the first X-Men crossover in over three years. Brian Michael Bendis, Jason Aaron and Brian Wood will bring the past, present and the future X-Men together for this story just in time for the 50th Anniversary of the X-Men.

The crossover begins in September and ends in October. The story will be contained in the following titles:

• X-Men: Battle of the Atom #1
  • Uncanny X-Men #12-13
  • All-New X-Men #16-17
  • Wolverine & The X-Men #36-37
  • X-Men # 5-6
  • X-Men: Battle of The Atom #2

Take a look at the character sketches for the future team members:

Deadpool: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Marvel also announced that Declan Shalvey will join Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan in August on DEADPOOL #13.

After years of being hunted by a rogue branch of Weapon X, Deadpool is ready to strike back with the help of Captain America and Wolverine. As they uncover the secrets of Deadpool's past, the truth about what he's been used for just might kill them all.

The End of X-Factor

September brings some bad news for X-Factor fans.

Apparently issue #262 will be the end of Peter David's run and two decades of the team's adventures. Get ready to say goodbye to these great characters and there's a promise that we'll get the answers to the questions we've been asking for over a decade.

Wolverine: Killable

Things are going to be looking a little grim for Wolverine this August. He's supposed to be the best there is at what he does and it now looks like getting killed could be included.

Beginning in WOLVERINE #7, Wolverine will only have days to live and has to find a cure for his condition. Of course Sabretooth will be around and actually puts out the call to the deadliest villains in the Marvel Universe to try to have the opportunity to be the one to kill the unkillable man. In order for Wolverine to live, millions have to die. The story will be written by Paul Cornell with art by Alan Davis.

Looks like we have quite a bit to look forward to in the X-Men Universe this year.

Staff
#1 Edited by GiveUpNed (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks really cool! I'm a fan of crossovers (if done well) and Brian Posehn. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

#2 Edited by saoakden (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to the Battle of the Atom crossover. Should be interesting.

#3 Edited by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT?!?!

Peter David is leaving X-Factor!? Does that mean the book is ending or just getting a new team?

Do I want a new creative team, or would it be better just to cancel it?

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL!?

Damn, X-Factor is my favorite X-book, that is a damn shame.

*dead*

Ah well...at least im enjoying X-Treme X-Men way more than I thought I would.

#4 Posted by CRTrobinson (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does wolverine look like animal from the muppets in that last pic?

#5 Edited by jangcrow (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the things I expected to find in this article, a picture of future Molly Hayes was not one of them. Totally awesome.

#6 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one feeling a little mahh?

#7 Posted by Xwraith (18187 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if it will be any good (it's a Marvel event, so I doubt it), but Battle of the Atom has an awesome cover.

#8 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to see Declan Shalvey on Deadpool

#9 Edited by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm depressed. X-Factor was probably my favourite comic book. Whenever a good book dies we get another two featuring Wolverine.

@Mr.Kamikaze sorry X-Treme has been cancelled too along with Age of Apocalypse another gem.

#10 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm depressed. X-Factor was probably my favourite comic book. Whenever a good book dies we get another two featuring Wolverine.

@Mr.Kamikaze sorry X-Treme has been cancelled too along with Age of Apocalypse another gem.

Well...that's just booty... -.-

I guess we'll always have whatever Bendis is working on... -.-

To be fair, All New X-Men has yet to disappoint But it's a shame all of these books that fly under the radar are so under appreciated. X-Factor, X-Treme, and AoA were awesome.

#11 Edited by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

The crossover seems to be the last thing people expected, but should be great. I've been slacking on my Deadpool though.

#12 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

:( X-Factor.

#13 Edited by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@solthesungod said:

Well...that's just booty... -.-

I guess we'll always have whatever Bendis is working on... -.-

To be fair, All New X-Men has yet to disappoint But it's a shame all of these books that fly under the radar are so under appreciated. X-Factor, X-Treme, and AoA were awesome.

I didn't actually read X-Treme but I heard good things. Yeah All New is okay. It's not blowing me away but it's fair. Uncanny is great though.

#14 Posted by VioletPhoenix (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, Lorna (Polaris) interacts with her half-siblings! SO PUMPED!

Also yaaaaaay, X-Men event :D!!!

#15 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! An event I don't have to add anything new to my pull list XD I already subscribe to all those x-titles minus the two event main issues.

#16 Posted by danhimself (22547 posts) - - Show Bio

I called it months ago that X-Factor was ending...doesn't make me happy that I was right though....luckily Peter David said that he's starting something new for Marvel soon

#17 Edited by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

So no good stories then.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder who that guy in the hood with the shoulder bag is in the Art Adams sketch?

#19 Edited by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Geez yeah the best way to celebrate 50 years of X-Men is to introduce even more new characters from a different timeline instead of focusing on trying to get older characters characterization and stories par for course. First X-Men had to deal with Matt Fraction and Greg Land doing the 500th Uncanny issue and now Bendis is going to do their 50th Anniversary celebration? Is the next landmark going to be Jeph Loeb replacing all the X-Men again with red versions that are all called Sam.

Well at least I still have X-Factor and PAD... oh wait...

#20 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Fun times. Will miss X-factor when its gone. I like the unique spin it has that seperates it from the other "super" X-books.

#21 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cross Over gonna be sweet, but I'm liking the XMEN from the past :(

#22 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess you can't have a 50 year X-Men event without some time travel, you know that old chestnut. I guess they are from 15-20 years in the future (though I could be off) given Molly looks to be in her 20's and she is still a little kid right now. I really hope the creative people are on their A game for this as I am tired of events that are poory concieved and executed. I would like to see the O5 go back to their own time and then make All-New X-Men focus on the already numerous young X-Men that exist now. I have a hard time believing that with good writing some of the young X-Men characters could become interesting and compelling, but that is probable not goig to happen as there is not a big enough stunk or gimmick for Marvel's taste.

#23 Edited by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad X-Factor's ending. The crossover looks awesome. Hell yeah Molly Hayes!

#24 Edited by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Molly Hayes on the future X-men? Thats is so AWESOME. I will atleast be checking this out to see where and what Princess Powerful is up to in the future...er past...er future past.

#25 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Molly Hayes? AWW YEAH!!!!

Let's go Runaways!!! I think I may buy BKV's Runaways again since I foolishly misplaced the one I had.

My favorite comic in high school.

#26 Posted by Perfect 10 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

first x-men cross over in three years? am i the only one who knows of age of x (2011) and x-termination that JUST ended? but hopefully this will show the kids they are messing with the time stream and should go home asap. the bald kid with the hood looks like xaiver, wonder who he can be

#27 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so sick of alternate X-Men running around and a new team being introduced every five minutes!! Just clean up after the messes from the teams already there, then you can play around, you stupid X-titles. I used to love alternate realities, not anymore. THANKS FOR RUINING SOMETHING ELSE MARVEL!!!

#28 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

None of those future characters really appeals to me (two-face Beast just looks stupid). Looks like it's only a short cross-over though, so I'm not that concerned.

Ugh, and that Wolverine: Killable thing just sounds like a movie tie-in. Good thing I don't read that series...

#29 Posted by Gotham331 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why Capt. would team up with Deadpool? Or if wolverine no longer has a healing factor, then why doesn't the adamantium on his bones kill him? He cant produce new blood cells to say nothing of the fact that dude is carrying around an extra hundred pounds of metal. That has to limit him physically in so many ways.

#30 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe X-Factor is ending.... I've been such a loyal fan since the beginning!!

#31 Posted by Gotham331 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Be honest, didn't you just know the x-men would wind up fighting themselves? Or some freaky version of themselves

#32 Posted by Onemoreposter (4049 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a horn on the left side of Beast's head?

Is that Jean Grey front and center?

Who's that in the 5th sketch down?

Is Deadpool the Bad or the Ugly?

Is anyone remotely interested in a story about killing Wolverine when we all know he won't be killed?

#33 Posted by KomicKev (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Anytime I see "future" versions of current characters come back, some of them are old and gnarled and gray and whatever - - just days away from their death beds. However, we never see the current day characters actually age very much. The original X-Men are nearly 50 years old now. Why aren't they now their future selves?

Also, wouldn't this new crossover event have been a good time to reintroduce X-Men 2099 (akin to the rumor that Spider-Man 2099 is going to appear over in Superior Spider-Man)? I don't know how beloved that series was, but there was a handful of characters that at least had potential.

#34 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Future Molly Hayes?

Awesome.

Wolverine Junior has blue skin and red hair? (I also see a skull belt under that jacket too)

So did Logan and Mystique finally work out their differences in the future?

Color me interested.

#35 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay @ Wolverine #7! I'm a big fan of Wolverine (heck, I've been collecting his comic books for more than 15 years!). I've been following the 5th series of Wolverine and I'm enjoying it thus far, although the story itself is nothing of earth-shaking news or something but it's a good start.

<3 Wolverine!!!!!

#36 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously... X-Men from the future now? If bringing the O5 from the past wasn't a bad idea, now the future Team will come as well? This is just getting messier and messier...

Just meh.

#37 Edited by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting event hopefully it is executed well. I am wondering though, what happened to X-Termination?

I am very interested in Deadpool learning his origin, and teaming up with Logan + Cap to do it.

It is sad X-Factor is ending. I have always been wanting to read their books. Now that it's ending I won't feel overwhelmed with having to read all 20+ trades and possibly more.

Now I have a limit I can see myself reaching. I mean I got 10 trades of Irredeemable and that was a lot for me. X-Factor has 20+.

I might trade wait for Deadpools origin arc.

#38 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that I could be less excited about another crossover.

I'm pissed/heartbroken about X-Factor ending.

#39 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth?! Last I saw Sabertooth got his head chopped off and went to hell. *Sigh* This is why I gave up Marvel. Their backstory only lasts 2 years at best. I cant keep track of who any of their characters are anymore.

#40 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rich711 you should read Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender, story arc Final Execution.

#41 Posted by Barkley (272 posts) - - Show Bio

two words:FUTURE DEADPOOL!!!!

#42 Posted by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th: Feh! Marvel isnt getting my money. I'll read it on MDCU in a few months. Did Sabertooth make a deal with the devil or run out the back door like Wolverine & Puck did in that Wolverine goes to hell series? Marvel as some fantastic artists but their writers really suck.

#43 Posted by nappystr8 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow, a way to bring DOFP back to cash in on the upcoming movie! And instead of just crossing over two or three of their books, they're going to ruin them all for a month. I've been thinking about dropping All-New anyway, seems like issue 15 will be the perfect time to do that.

#44 Edited by Polarity (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow, a way to bring DOFP back to cash in on the upcoming movie! And instead of just crossing over two or three of their books, they're going to ruin them all for a month. I've been thinking about dropping All-New anyway, seems like issue 15 will be the perfect time to do that.

Two months.

#45 Posted by slimlim (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me... or is the guy in the hood Charles Xavier?
I know X-Men have a penchant for time travel and resurrection... but both at the same time? :p

Maybe Phoenix Cyclops didnt kill Xavier after all but pulled a "Bruce Wayne" on ol' Chuck and sent him thru time instead :p

stranger things have happened

#46 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11591 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does anyone else think those future X-Men look absolutely hideous? Not the art but their designs...like Half-Human/Half-Beast McCoy....Ice HULK/THING....Deadpool looks weird...but I do kind of like the seemingly Wolverine/Mystique love child.

#47 Edited by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

not a fan of these new drawings of the new characters. The story sounds interesting, but the characters seem lame. What ever. Right now there is some reeeeeeeally good writing going on with X titles so I have faith.

#48 Edited by hyenascar (194 posts) - - Show Bio

MORE, give me more xmen. It sounds great! The drawings are a little...well... just keep working. So Beast's "help" is not "helping" the X-men, and he has to go back undo his "help."

X-Factor is unfortunately a case of something good not being able to last forever. I've been getting so many people to read it lately. I guess they will at least have an end to read to.

#49 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

i am feeling conflicted about future mollly hayes...

she grew up to be a total babe and.i'm crushing on her hard...but them righr now in the comics she is 11 and im ust like oh wait

#50 Posted by Avenger85 (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously... X-Men from the future now? If bringing the O5 from the past wasn't a bad idea, now the future Team will come as well? This is just getting messier and messier...

Just meh.

I gotto agree with you there, man. The whole time travel diea was a bad one to begin with, and now you got ANOTHER bunch of time traveling mutants trying to make the other time traveling group go back !?

LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.