Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Bringing a younger X-Man to the future to fix his/her older self

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ScarletBatman

In All-New X-Men Beast brought the younger Scott forward to use as a tool of showing present day Scott just how far he has fallen. If you had the power to do the same with a different X-Man, which would you bring forward to help fix a present day's X-Man's life and why?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

@ScarletBatman: the obvious choice for me was Magneto, but without an "evil" Magneto, would there even be X-men?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Rogue.

I'd bring back the Southern Belle's former self to convince this Mary Sue to NOT gain control over powers (this'd be done, like, right before she learned how to better control her powers), because without that niche, I've found she's an extremely bland character.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane said:

Rogue.

I'd bring back the Southern Belle's former self to convince this Mary Sue to NOT gain control over powers (this'd be done, like, right before she learned how to better control her powers), because without that niche, I've found she's an extremely bland character.

she's definitely lost something as a character, not having that tragic element to her powers. But, I think at this point, I'd hate to see her go back. I got way more than enough of Rogue feeling sorry for herself in the nineties, and now that she finally has control, I think it'd be a major step backwards to put her character back in that role.

This has meant that she's lost her niche in the X-men, and, yeah, been dull for quite a while now, but that just makes me that much more interested in seeing her with the Avengers; she's exactly the kind of classic, almost iconic, character that could breathe some new life into the Avengers.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@dangallant984: True. The Uncanny Avengers consists of some of Earth's Most Boring. Looking at Cassaday's first issue cover almost bored me to tears.

Good thing we have people like Sunfire coming in soon to liven things up.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane: Yeah, I haven't given a toss about Havoc since Meltdown (maybe the only good Havoc story?). But, like Rogue, seeing him on the Avengers makes me more interested in him again -it's seeing them in this new context where they seem fresh, I think..

and, yeah, oh boy am I excited to see Sunfire as an Avenger!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@dangallant984: Yes. Rogue is already proving to be a break-out star within the pages of UA, i mean, i'm not an adamant fan of the title, but i like it WAY more better than ANXM mainly due to the writing and compelling "drama" , e.g Rogue and Wanda's little revelation.

Hopefully she continues to shine.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Storm. Mainly because it would be interesting if she saw that she would never find happiness as an X-Man, tried out for the Avengers, got on it, and built a better niche for herself. Then the Kooky Quartet would have an out and proud mutant on their team unlike Wanda and Pietro and perhaps hook up with The Falcon, Hawkeye or Thor. Because, why not?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Storm. Mainly because it would be interesting if she saw that she would never find happiness as an X-Man, tried out for the Avengers, got on it, and built a better niche for herself. Then the Kooky Quartet would have an out and proud mutant on their team unlike Wanda and Pietro and perhaps hook up with The Falcon, Hawkeye or Thor. Because, why not?

I wouldn't hate this, actually

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By One_Eye

@AgeofHurricane said:

@dangallant984: True. The Uncanny Avengers consists of some of Earth's Most Boring. Looking at Cassaday's first issue cover almost bored me to tears.

Good thing we have people like Sunfire coming in soon to liven things up.

Although, I'm rather enjoying seeing Havok being made a fool of. If they keep that up along with Rogue constantly slapping Wanda I'll at least pay attention to the previews! The only thing I'm holding out for is to see a confrontation between Scott and Havok in which Scott makes an idiot of lil bro. :p

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#11  Edited By knighthood

The Changeling

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dangallant984

@knighthood said:

The Changeling

oooh... good call!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.