Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

bring back valerie cooper from x-men

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

she was popular in the 90's and was last seen with the unit O*N*E*. but i guess the x-me dont need her since they have maria hill :/

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And while were at it more Dr. Kavita & Nemesis.....

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

And while were at it more Dr. Kavita & Nemesis.....

isnt dr Nemesis with x-force, hes so funny!!!!!! dont know where Dr kavita went

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would love to have more Valerie Cooper. It would be cool if she started up Xfactor again and maybe ran it with Bishop. Kavita Rao too. I think it could be interesting to get into her history. Just Imagine if she had a kid or two that she may have left to work on the mutant genetic stuff, how bitter and angry would that kid be with mutants. You could have a whole new villain with motivation, which is something we could use

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Valarie Cooper always just struck me as middle management. Nothing too special or remarkable about her as a character.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who ?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valarie Cooper always just struck me as middle management. Nothing too special or remarkable about her as a character.

She's gotten a nice string of appointments and promotions as a political-type, though.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@phoenixofthetides said:
    @john_valentine said:

She's gotten a nice string of appointments and promotions as a political-type, though.

Yeah, but agencies like Shield have become more prominent in the MU over the last decade or so, and have as such brought new characters to the front that perform the same sorts of roles she had in the 90s. She's kind of redundant now, and she doesn't have the connections to other characters like Maria Hill etc.

David's used her quite a few times in X-Factor Vol.3, obviously, but he's probably one of the only current writers who even knows about her now tbh. I think the last time she was actually used for anything outside of X-Factor was during Decimation with ONE.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides said:
    @john_valentine said:

Yeah, but agencies like Shield have become more prominent in the MU over the last decade or so, and have as such brought new characters to the front that perform the same sorts of roles she had in the 90s. She's kind of redundant now, and she doesn't have the connections to other characters like Maria Hill etc.

David's used her quite a few times in X-Factor Vol.3, obviously, but he's probably one of the only current writers who even knows about her now tbh. I think the last time she was actually used for anything outside of X-Factor was during Decimation with ONE.

Most government types are redundant TBQH, so it's in the nature of how our system runs that organizations like SHIELD can have characters fill her role, but she still would be employed by the White House or another civilian organization. SHIELD and other groups don't exist in a vacuum.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: In my opinion Valerie Cooper is like Charles Xavier: it is wrong use her like main character of a title, but she could be a very useful character if she were used like secondary character in every mutant title, because she could be the starting point of a lot of subplots and these subplots could turn into long term sagas.

She could be also perfectly complementary with Maria Hill, because Valerie has a more political role, while Maria has a role decidedly operative.

Anyway you have to be a sensitive, because I would write about Valerie in the topic of the ruined potential, when you have started this topic.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@ec2277:

Right. Cooper's the archetypical predecessor to today's Maria Hills and Abigail Brands. She set the proverbial stage for concessionary inter-governmental liasing and whatnot, and the prominence of a Maria Hill/FDA in today's market shouldn't invalidate the possible resurgence of the lady in question. She's timeless. Like Hawk, i'd have her in a District X-type series/setting alongside Polaris, Bishop and Sage (currently in the process of writing it now). Not only is there credible precedence for her come-back considering the eventual boom in the mutant population and the subsequently inevitable anti-mutant hysteria that 'll follow but...well...she's just a genuinely good character and seemingly has a bit of a following.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

I can see I'm not the only one who wants Bishop and Val to co-work again. Nice.

Hell until I reread X-facter recently my headcannon was that she miscarried his child. But yeah, 5 years is too much maybe...

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@adamtrmm said:

I can see I'm not the only one who wants Bishop and Val to co-work again. Nice.

Hell until I reread X-facter recently my headcannon was that she miscarried his child. But yeah, 5 years is too much maybe...

Bishop and Sage would be freaking awesome in a book :-p and Val cooper ive like her better then brand or hill

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn:

and Val cooper ive like her better then brand or hill

I agree actually. Val is a more subtle and not overbearing lady out of three. With Hill and Brand, you know it ends in "we're have the authority here" argument while she seems to have good intentions even if she doesn't want it to be obvious. Though I don't like the fact that they're (writers) dismissing Brand from most of the important events that go on, it looks like not many like to use the SWORD concept, for its huge purpose it is too self-contained. Also, unlike now in Uncanny I think Bendis wrote a lot better Hill in his post-M-day New Avengers. She was a spy and she knew her work, it's the impression from the Collective arc at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.