Bluring the lines in Marvel

#1 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen a few interviews and articles thet Marvel is looking to blur the lines between the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel universe as rightly or wrongly they have been for the most part operating on their own for some time. I am not opposed to this but as a long time X-Men fan I am concerned that the X-Men that I know and love will be taking a back seat to the Avengers. I am sure some titles will be fine. With AvX out of the way I hope Wolverine and the X-Men will go back to stories around the school and I am sure Madrox will tell Captain America to buzoff just like he told Cyclops to in X-Factor. Early promotional material for the new Avengers lineup shows Cannonball and Sunspot in the roster and in Uncanny Avengers Havok, Rogue and Wolverine will be present. All New X-Men will feature the original 5 in the modern 616 universe so I wonder how much integeration will ther be with the rest of the X titles or will they continue to stand alone. Also getting more into specific plot concerns now that the X-Men titles are being brought more to the center of the Marvel universe what about the groups thet want to see all mutants dead. This is a recuring theme in the X-Men over the years and I wonder will threats like the Purifiers, the Church of Humanity, Sentinels and others now warrent the attention of the Avengers, Fantastic Four and others. Lets not forget those groups over the years shave recieved financial and material support from the US and other world governments. Also the Sentinels were a direct result of US military spending. Will the 'Heroes' still be oblivious to those groups or will things change now. I am reserving judgement on these titles for now but as I said I am concerned about the place of the X-Men in the Marvel Universe. What concerns to you guys have about how Marvel NOW! will affect the X-Men?

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been having the same concerns about the X-Men too. As much as I want to see the X-Men work with the Avengers, I can't help but feel like the Avengers will be taking over the X-Men titles and it's hard to tell where the X-Men will stand after this.  Also, there's the issue where the X-Men's numbers are dwindling ever since House of M happened, so will Marvel NOW bring back the X-Men characters that haven't been shown for years and will they bring back the characters that were killed off recently? It's a bit too early to tell at this moment, but I hope that the X-Men will get back on the top after this.

#3 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rabbitearsblog: The way it looks to me is while the X-Men are not going away everything at Marvel has Avengers as the top priority. The X-Men used with the Avengers will be cherry picked and the rest of the X-Men will be left to fillout the remaining X titles
and who knows what further intergeration into the Marvel universe will mean for those books.
#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:
@Rabbitearsblog: The way it looks to me is while the X-Men are not going away everything at Marvel has Avengers as the top priority. The X-Men used with the Avengers will be cherry picked and the rest of the X-Men will be left to fillout the remaining X titles and who knows what further intergeration into the Marvel universe will mean for those books.
I wonder what will become of the other X-Men titles also, since some of them are getting cancelled.
#5 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

This integration seems to wipe out/make irrelevant such a large part of the X-mythos.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.