Bishop/X-traitor

#1 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that bishop may be the x-traitor that he supposedly came back to stop

#2 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting theory. Supposedly it was Onslaught but with him changing the timeline by returning he may have swithed the players around as opposed to the fate of their actions. Bishop could be the X-Traitor which is ultimately tragic and a disservice to his character, in my opinion.

Poor Bish no matter what happens never a happy ending.

#3 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i really liked bishop and never would have thought he would have gone the way he did in messiah complex

#4 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they seem to be degrading Bishop's character to the very root.

His first year out is the best stuff from him. And that was over 17 years ago.

#5 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

i really like him in age of apocalypse

#6 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishop is not a traitor he's a hero.

Think about it. The baby he's trying to kill is basically the Hitler of his timeline. Now i think many people would do the same if they got the chance to go back in time and kill Hitler as a baby.

#7 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it was said that this baby is some kind of savior in Cable's timeline. But Bishop doesn't know that.

And they said that she killed millions of humans in Bishop's timeline.

#8 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

we don't know how the baby's going to turn out yet they hinted at it alittle but if the baby is the "hitler of his timeline" then why is cable protecting it

#9 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

All that is known about the baby is that it's the first mutant born since M-day, and that she's powerful. Maybe Cable wants to steer her from evil, or at least the evil Bishop says she will do. Bishop's future is the beginning of Cable's so Cable is just being Cable. He's covering all the bases.

#10 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

how much of a time difference is there between the 2 timelines if they were the same

#11 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

i can never understand why when someone from the future goes back in time they always come back to the 616 universe why not to the past of their universe

#12 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"All that is known about the baby is that it's the first mutant born since M-day, and that she's powerful. Maybe Cable wants to steer her from evil, or at least the evil Bishop says she will do. Bishop's future is the beginning of Cable's so Cable is just being Cable. He's covering all the bases."

Not really, Bishop comes from Earth-1191, Cable from Earth-4935. (technically Cable is from Earth-616, but grew up on 4935) These timelines are quite different and have nothing to do with each other.

#13 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

616 is like the nexus of all realities in marvel.

#14 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Tao Ming says:

"616 is like the nexus of all realities in marvel. "

Not really, but it's the reality where most of their comics takes place.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesnt Cable now have the child and is rasing it?

#16 Posted by Owen_Porter (83189 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Cable has the baby and is raising it in the future.

But Bishop is not the X-Traitor. As someone pointed out earlier Onslaught was (which I find a bit of a cop out) I actually liked it better when Gambit was supposedly the traitor. In Bishop's timeline Gambit is still alive and goes by the name, "Witness" I hate Onslaught and everything revolving around it. Its a weak character and an even weaker storyline.

#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Yes Cable has the baby and is raising it in the future. But Bishop is not the X-Traitor. As someone pointed out earlier Onslaught was (which I find a bit of a cop out) I actually liked it better when Gambit was supposedly the traitor. In Bishop's timeline Gambit is still alive and goes by the name, "Witness" I hate Onslaught and everything revolving around it. Its a weak character and an even weaker storyline."

Couldn't agree with you more, Gambler.

#18 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Bishop is not a traitor he's a hero. Think about it. The baby he's trying to kill is basically the Hitler of his timeline. Now i think many people would do the same if they got the chance to go back in time and kill Hitler as a baby. "

O.K., think bout this! what if you go back in time to kill hitler and find out that another (in a line of so many, it's not funny) got in and actually succeded where he failed, and we/you live in a future of totaltarianism! Things happen for a reason! and people/beings like hitler, are out there, and you might find he's at the shallow end of the pool compared to whats out there! back to the subject matter, messiah complex, the baby and Bishop, can someone fill me in some more! I just flipped thru issues 9/10/11/12 of the storyline, and I saw what I asume was Bishop trying to kill the baby that scott and the xmen, sinister and everyone else was after! so what's the story with this kid! why is he/she a threat?

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

It's always the black guy.

#20 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"fesak says:
"Bishop is not a traitor he's a hero. Think about it. The baby he's trying to kill is basically the Hitler of his timeline. Now i think many people would do the same if they got the chance to go back in time and kill Hitler as a baby. "

O.K., think bout this! what if you go back in time to kill hitler and find out that another (in a line of so many, it's not funny) got in and actually succeded where he failed, and we/you live in a future of totaltarianism! Things happen for a reason! and people/beings like hitler, are out there, and you might find he's at the shallow end of the pool compared to whats out there! back to the subject matter, messiah complex, the baby and Bishop, can someone fill me in some more! I just flipped thru issues 9/10/11/12 of the storyline, and I saw what I asume was Bishop trying to kill the baby that scott and the xmen, sinister and everyone else was after! so what's the story with this kid! why is he/she a threat?"

Yeah, i get your point, but people tends to not think that rational.

A better example for americans might be to get the chance to go back and kill Usama bin Laden.

#21 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"lordraiden says:
"fesak says:
O.K., think bout this! what if you go back in time to kill hitler and find out that another (in a line of so many, it's not funny) got in and actually succeded where he failed, and we/you live in a future of totaltarianism! Things happen for a reason! and people/beings like hitler, are out there, and you might find he's at the shallow end of the pool compared to whats out there! back to the subject matter, messiah complex, the baby and Bishop, can someone fill me in some more! I just flipped thru issues 9/10/11/12 of the storyline, and I saw what I asume was Bishop trying to kill the baby that scott and the xmen, sinister and everyone else was after! so what's the story with this kid! why is he/she a threat?"
Yeah, i get your point, but people tends to not think that rational. A better example for americans might be to get the chance to go back and kill Usama bin Laden."

Hmmmmm, I wonder how bad/different he is compared to bush?

#22 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"fesak says:
Yeah, i get your point, but people tends to not think that rational. A better example for americans might be to get the chance to go back and kill Usama bin Laden."

Hmmmmm, I wonder how bad/different he is compared to bush?"

Bush is not any better to anyone outside the USA, but i'm trying to get my point across so everybody can understand.

#23 Posted by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"lordraiden says:
"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"fesak says:
Bush is not any better to anyone outside the USA, but i'm trying to get my point across so everybody can understand."

So he's good inside the us bout not so much outside?

#24 Posted by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"fesak says:
Bush is not any better to anyone outside the USA, but i'm trying to get my point across so everybody can understand."

So he's good inside the us bout not so much outside?"

I'm generalizing a bit here. Obviously not everyone likes him, but the majority apparently does since he was elected twice. In europe for he's seen as a war-monger and moron.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Bishop as a hero, but as a villain he's just as good.

I wish we could know why he wants to kill the baby.

#26 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"I liked Bishop as a hero, but as a villain he's just as good.

I wish we could know why he wants to kill the baby."

Because in his world that baby was responsible for a major explosion that took out millions of lives.  Bishop belives that stopping the child will stop the horror that is his world ie. mutant camps.
#27 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Dormath said:
"John Valentine said:

Because in his world that baby was responsible for a major explosion that took out millions of lives.  Bishop belives that stopping the child will stop the horror that is his world ie. mutant camps."

Which issue?
#28 Edited by Owen_Porter (83189 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Dormath said:
"John Valentine said:

Because in his world that baby was responsible for a major explosion that took out millions of lives.  Bishop belives that stopping the child will stop the horror that is his world ie. mutant camps."

Which issue?"
They don't show it happening. Its talked about throughout Messiah Complex
#29 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

As usual Gambler is correct

#30 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"John Valentine said:
"Dormath said:
"John Valentine said:

Which issue?"
They don't show it happening. Its talked about throughout Messiah Complex"

Yeah.. I need to buy that collection in hardcover. Awesome, but thanks.
#31 Posted by Demonic Reaper (29 posts) - - Show Bio

John V didn't read it because Hellion got impaled in it. lol

#32 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Demonic Reaper said:
"John V didn't read it because Hellion got impaled in it. lol"

I know about that, and I cried.
#33 Posted by Demonic Reaper (29 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Demonic Reaper said:

I know about that, and I cried."
I think you have a man crush on Hellion, my friend. lol
#34 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Demonic Reaper said:
"John Valentine said:
"Demonic Reaper said:

I know about that, and I cried."
I think you have a man crush on Hellion, my friend. lol"

Quite possibly, but then I must be gay for Madrox. (Who are you?)
#35 Posted by Demonic Reaper (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always known about you and maddox. Remember you, me and lexi used to talk about it.

#36 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Demonic Reaper said:
"I've always known about you and maddox. Remember you, me and lexi used to talk about it."
Yes... I do..

PM me if you want to talk my friend.
#37 Posted by Demonic Reaper (29 posts) - - Show Bio

PM sent.

#38 Posted by WillX (44 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Marvel being lazy.    The first mutant is born and needed to be taken somewhere safe with a protector.   To be honest I think Bishop would have been a better choice then Cable, But Cable is more popular.  But with Cable as choice as guardian to the child they needed someone to chase the child.   Who were they going to use Cable Clone, Apocalypse (traveling through time and he is just there), Deadpool, of make a new character.  

They needed someone who has time traveling experience.   Someone close to an equal for Cable, which Bishop is.   Both are powerful mutants, experience in battle and firearms.   Truth is they had no one else they could send after Cable other than Bishop.

No one has traveled as much as Bishop he been in the recent past to the distant future, alternate universe, and alien worlds.   I think they may have ruined a good hero, with a great past.          

#39 Posted by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, I thought Cable and Bishop came back to our time way back before this baby Hope idea was thought up, I thought Cable and Bishop came back to stop Apocalypse? Where does this whole "I'm here to kill the baby and always have been" thing come from?

#40 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer:  Didn't start until the baby was born. In the "Times and Life of Lucas Bishop" most of his history of the past is told to him in vague fairy tales told by his gandmother. Certain things come true and others do not.

But it is still a retcon.
#41 Posted by Kain (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak: Not many people would go into different time lines and ultimately murder billions of people and destroy earth to do it though. He's killed billions to save millions. Bishop has pretty much proven that he's wrong with his lunacy and it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one responsible for what happened in his time with the crap he's been pulling.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.