Bishop trying to kill the baby -- why is he doing it so wrong?

#1 Posted by redbull (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishop is going to the ends of the earth (and time) to try and kill this baby, and Cable's running through time to avoid it. It's cost Bishop his entire arm, numerous fights, attacks, time wasted, etc. Chasing around Cable trying to play catch-up.

now... Bishop has a FULLY FUNCTIONING time-travel device.

So, why exactly doesn't Bishop just cut the crap, time travel to the exact day the baby was born (before anyone could even come near it) and kill it? Or kill it's parents? His entire mission is so simple, and could be done without even breaking a sweat. what's the deal?

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't he not know that information [where the baby was from and all that]?

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he did....

It just didn't work!
I mean time travel is really confusing.....

If she was never born to begin with Bishop wouldn't had to:
redbull said:

"Bishop is going to the ends of the earth (and time) to try and kill this baby, and Cable's running through time to avoid it. It's cost Bishop his entire arm, numerous fights, attacks, time wasted, etc. Chasing around Cable trying to play catch-up.
yeah all that you said meaning there would be no incentive as to why he would go do that in the first place....

I repeat time travel is really confusing!
#4 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's the "Dog chasing car" issue that Joker mentioned in Dark Knigt. "I wouldn't even know what to do with one if I finally got one". I think he doesn't want to do it. he had the chance to do it once when the baby lay there before him and cried. Everything he had to do before the Marauders showed up would have been pulling the trigger but he hesitated. There is a deep subconscious barrier of him being a cop, X-Man and the like that forbids to kill that baby.

Then on the other hand it just may be bad writing. lol

#5 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he should time travel to any point in time where he has ambushed Cable before, but do it a dozen times from different time periods so it's a twelve on one fight. Or better yet, a hundred times, or even a thousand.

#6 Posted by redbull (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly. thats the problem with this time travel business. he could simply re-travel to the same moment he attacked cable over and over again... cable could be distracted by bishop once, but then he revisits, and shoots him while his original is already attacking him.

i mean.. this is basically the easiest mission ever. and i think Bishop really DOES want to kill the baby.. it's just blatantly horrible plot-planning.

you know what would easily have made this all be justified? if cable + bishop's time travel devises could only go forwards. or just stopped working.

as is, basically bishop can do whatever the hell he wants, when he wants. killing the baby would be NO problem. or killing its parents. or redoing every failed attempt oover again.

#7 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a whole line of jokes on how to kill babies.  You'd think Bishop would have heard one of them.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"There's a whole line of jokes on how to kill babies.  You'd think Bishop would have heard one of them."

What goes 'plink plink fizz'... two babies in an acid bath :p

redbull said:
".So, why exactly doesn't Bishop just cut the crap, time travel to the exact day the baby was born (before anyone could even come near it) and kill it? Or kill it's parents? His entire mission is so simple, and could be done without even breaking a sweat. what's the deal?"
It's true.  As soon as the baby was born he became an irrational psycho.  If he doesn't care about murder or paradoxes, then you're right... why not just travel backwards again, and head to Coopersville before Cable arrived? :p
#9 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

because Cable got to the baby first.
Messiah War Part 1 respectively.
he has another if not more
time travellers against him here.

#10 Posted by redbull (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

catman.. uh, what does that mean? Cable got to the baby first.. yeah..

the point is that Bishop can time travel. before Cable got the baby.

#11 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull said:
"So, why exactly doesn't Bishop just cut the crap, time travel to the exact day the baby was born (before anyone could even come near it) and kill it? Or kill it's parents? His entire mission is so simple, and could be done without even breaking a sweat. what's the deal?"
Because then marvel couldn't have a big crossover.
#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull said:
" catman.. uh, what does that mean? Cable got to the baby first.. yeah..the point is that Bishop can time travel. before Cable got the baby. "
you missed the point. so can Cable. he had inside info. he got the baby right when it was born. Bishop travels
there, Cables there. Bishop travels before that, Cable comes back and catches him off guard, and he's done.
so can at least seven X-Men at a time right now. Cable will protect Hope at all costs.

#13 Posted by Sinestron (185 posts) - - Show Bio
@Slinger said:
"I think he should time travel to any point in time where he has ambushed Cable before, but do it a dozen times from different time periods so it's a twelve on one fight. Or better yet, a hundred times, or even a thousand."

That would work both ways though. If Bishop took the baby at that point in time, Cable could travel to a few moments before so that he has future duplicates of himself. It would just be those two constantly going back in time to recnforce themselves over and over and over. Thats why the ambush thing would not  work (very creative though). As a matter of fact thats why Bishop cant just pop up to a time that cable wasnt there, becasue  cable has a time machine of his own and  would just make sure to rectify it by doing some time travel of his own and make sure he is there. Confusing?

Basically what I am saying is that Bishop cant just go to a single point in time and kill the baby because cable has the same ability to travel to any pooint in time and save it. Thats why he has to "chase" cable through time and find the "current" baby.
#14 Edited by redbull (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

actually, no.

if Bishop did go back in time and kill the baby, that WOULD BE IT. cable wouldnt be ABLE To go back in time to stop Bishop, because Cable will have NEVER even had the baby in the first place! he wouldn't even have had the chance to be in charge of it! killing the baby back in time will change the entire timeline -- dont you see? so we still stand in the same place: Bishop is doing this mission completely wrong.

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Cable also has time travelling capabilites... so it could then become a case of Bishop & Cable going furhter & further back in time trying to out-do each other.  Sounds too chaotic & daft though :)

#16 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate time travelers. :[

#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"I hate time travelers. :["

Not all Time Travellers?? :(
#18 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"
@iLLituracy said:
"I hate time travelers. :["

Not all Time Travellers?? :( "
Nah, a vast majority, though. Especially those who are from the future and travel to the past to live. Kid Flash is the only person coming to mind that's a exception to this hatred. Cable and Bishop flip-flop back and forth for me, I have a love-hate relationship with both characters.
#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Flash as in Bart Allen?  I'd definitely agree withyou there... but what about the Doctor or Illyana??

I preferred it originally when they were very different characters, and Cable could be a little bit snobby having come from a more distant & advanced future timeline... But Bishop is now Cable's evil reflection.  They could rename Cable for a couple of months to Dark Reign: Bishop :p

#20 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

you go ahead and try kill a baby and come back, tell me how you felt about it :>

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.