BIG PREDICTION FOR ULTIMATE XMEN

#1 Posted by Scodaillest (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Xorn and zorn are proffessor X and Magneto... Just a prediction. What do you think?

#2 Posted by Rickbarry (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

I've no idea. Ultimate Colossus needs to get out of mutant jail. He was awesome!

#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5947 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rickbarry said:

I've no idea. Ultimate Colossus needs to get out of mutant jail. He was awesome!

I agree! I want to see him back in action again!
#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scodaillest said:

Xorn and zorn are proffessor X and Magneto... Just a prediction. What do you think?

Um, no. We've already seen their human forms. They're allegories at best for Charles and Erik.
#5 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

Just the fact that the brought the Xorn mess into the ultimate universe tells me that writers are desperate!! Because the Xorn story was one of the biggest disappointing stories ever!!

#6 Posted by Rickbarry (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: True. Eight issues in and I'm entirely sure what's going on. If I can't get into the next issue with my boy Colossus then...well it's bad news!

#7 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

Just the fact that the brought the Xorn mess into the ultimate universe tells me that writers are desperate!! Because the Xorn story was one of the biggest disappointing stories ever!!

Actually its been pretty good so far.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: See, that's why I don't read the Ultimate universe!! One: because of Ultimatum and Two: because the some characters are just too different!!!

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@papad1992 said:

Actually its been pretty good so far.

Nothing involving Xorn and the Ultimate universe mixed together would ever be good in my opinion!!!

#10 Posted by Rickbarry (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Yeah. Ultimatium was basically taking a shit on the 100 issues previous. A shame that Logan is dead in that universe. I actually preferred that logan better than the 616 version.

#11 Posted by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

While I agree that the characters can't be the actual Magneto or Xavier, I'm not sure about them really being Xorn/Zorn. On the one hand, the mainstream Xorn was able to disguise himself as Magneto, so presumably they have some sort of shapeshifting powers. On the other, I don't really see what they would have to gain from it, unless they're trying to consolidate power by gathering together as many mutants/superpowered people as possible.

My original idea was that both Magneto and Xavier are in fact different aspects of Karen Grant/Jean Grey's fractured personality. We've already seen that she's powerful enough to create two almost enitrely independent versions of herself, which coexist on opposite sides of the world. Moreover, we know that she's not enitrely all there following the events of Ultimatum. But why would she do something like that? Simple; even though the war between Magneto and Xavier made life difficult, it was still better than the reality that KAren finds herself in now. The two projections are her subconcious mind trying to return to the past, before the deaths of her friends.

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@papad1992: Yeah. Ultimatium was basically taking a shit on the 100 issues previous. A shame that Logan is dead in that universe. I actually preferred that logan better than the 616 version.

HAHA... True. It's like how do we get rid of a lot of characters and piss off a lot of fans? Oh I know, lets just send a huge tidal wave (one as tall a NY) and watch one by one as everyone dies!! Horrible story plot and writing!!

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33880 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

HAHA... True. It's like how do we get rid of a lot of characters and piss off a lot of fans? Oh I know, lets just send a huge tidal wave (one as tall a NY) and watch one by one as everyone dies!! Horrible story plot and writing!!

Ultimatum happened years ago and the Zorn/Xorn in the UU is nothing like what happened in the 616, Hickman is a great writer 
#14 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Ultimatum happened years ago and the Zorn/Xorn in the UU is nothing like what happened in the 616, Hickman is a great writer

Just the use of the character makes me not even want to read it!! And Ultimatum was a huge turn in the UU... so big that it made me drop the whole universe altogether!!

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto was revealed to be alive in Egypt I think.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33880 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Just the use of the character makes me not even want to read it!! And Ultimatum was a huge turn in the UU... so big that it made me drop the whole universe altogether!!

yea but the UU is almost nothing like it was then, Hickman basically ignores all that
#17 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

yea but the UU is almost nothing like it was then, Hickman basically ignores all that

See... if a writer is saying that he wants to ignore all of that mess than he's saying exactly what I'm saying... that Ultimatum was a huge misfire and that a lot of readers dropped the title after that!!

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33880 posts) - - Show Bio
@papad1992 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

See... if a writer is saying that he wants to ignore all of that mess than he's saying exactly what I'm saying... that Ultimatum was a huge misfire and that a lot of readers dropped the title after that!!

Well sure, every one knows Ultimatum sucked, it's why they had a whole relaunch not long after it, my point is the UU is really good now.
#19 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Well sure, every one knows Ultimatum sucked, it's why they had a whole relaunch not long after it, my point is the UU is really good now.

Eh...

#21 Posted by Rickbarry (1811 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how great it's going to be, but I'm I'm a diehard X-men fan. So I'll continue to give it a shot. At least they killed Stryker's kid off. That whole religious zealot thing got old pretty quick.

#22 Edited by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess none of you people are reading the Ultimates right now then? Then again my prediction as the Prof. X, Mags, Wolverine and Cyclops will all come back someday anyway.

#23 Posted by RoboShark (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm reading Ultimates and Ult X-Men.

#24 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

I read Ultimates and SPidey regurally. I read Ult X-men when I feel like it.

#25 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, everyone's entitles to their opinion, Cannon. (And everyone seems to have a WIIIIIDE range of opinions)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.