Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Best X-Men storylines?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Since there's already a thread on the "Worst X-Men Storylines," I would like to know what was the best X-Men storyline you have ever read. It can be from any X-Men universe such as "New X-Men," "X-Men," "Uncanny X-Men," and "X-Force." Mine's so far are:

The Dark Phoenix Saga - I think this story was a true classic in its own right. I loved seeing the scenes where the X-Men were trying to stop Jean Grey's dark powers while worrying about hurting her in the process. It was also shocking to see Jean Grey's dark powers surface and she ends up destroying planets with it.

Joss Whedon's run on "Astonishing X-Men" - Not only was "Gifted" the most wonderful story out of the entire run, but the rest of the stories "Dangerous," "Torn" and "Unstoppable" were just as wonderful! The dialogue in each volume was cleverly done and the characters were truly memorable.

God Loves Man Kills - This was clearly one of the most disturbing yet most effective story I have ever read! This was one of the few stories that actually shows us how ugly racism and prejudice really is.

There's way more X-Men stories than this that were considered good, but these were the only ones I got to so far, so tell me what are your favorites?

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Nudeviking

I liked Age of Apocalypse and X-Cutioner's Song a lot.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Nudeviking said:

I liked Age of Apocalypse and X-Cutioner's Song a lot.

Oh yeah! I heard that Age of Apocalypse was really awesome!

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nudeviking

@Rabbitearsblog: AoA is so good. Check it out if you haven't. I was stoked to see it revisited recently in Uncanny X-Force and am looking forward to the upcoming Age of Apocalypse ongoing series.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Nudeviking said:

@Rabbitearsblog: AoA is so good. Check it out if you haven't. I was stoked to see it revisited recently in Uncanny X-Force and am looking forward to the upcoming Age of Apocalypse ongoing series.

Thanks! I'll check it out and I was actually surprised that Marvel is planning on releasing an Age of Apocalypse ongoing series. This would be interesting...

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Powerzone789

AOA hands down, X-cutioner's song was alright, but God loves man kills will always be my favorite

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Powerzone789 said:

AOA hands down, X-cutioner's song was alright, but God loves man kills will always be my favorite

I really loved God Loves Man Kills also! It was such an intense story, but it was so well written and I always found myself being shocked at how brutal yet effective that story was.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Powerzone789

@Rabbitearsblog: its a message that still needs to be spread out there, and it truly is a complete work of art

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Powerzone789 said:

@Rabbitearsblog: its a message that still needs to be spread out there, and it truly is a complete work of art

I definitely agree with this. God Loves Man Kills was probably one of the few stories out there that actually showed us how ugly racim and prejudice is. I hope more people read this story to learn about the meaning of this story.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By AgeofHurricane

X-Tinction Agenda.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By papad1992

I love God Loves, Man Kills... The story is so powerful yet an effective outlook on the real world today!! I think everyone should read this, comic-lovers or not!!!

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blazinasian112
    No Caption Provided

Cosign with AoA, Dark Phonix Saga, and X-Cutioner's song. An oldie but goodie Mutant Massacre, when we meet Sinister and his deadly Marauders. To see Colossus lose it when nightcrawler is gravely injured and kill Riptide is his second best moment only to his reappearance in Gifted.

Pbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pbott

Dark Angel Saga is number one in my book by far, Sure Whedons run and the Dark Phonix Saga were great, but Remenders run on UXF has everything and more than I can ask for in a X-book

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#15  Edited By The Impersonator

Age of Apocalypse is one of THE best story lines that I have read. I like the alternate take on the X-Men and other characters. It shows that different side in them even though we know who they really are. I heard that there is going to be an ongoing series which got mentioned by Babs in the news article. (PLEASE MARVEL, DON'T CANCEL IT!) I also liked the much darker version of Wolverine (Weapon X) who's been portrayed in this reality. I can't wait to be drawn into this reality once again. Well, I was already drawn back into the reality from Uncanny X-Force. =P

There are lots of bunch other good ones out there. But from your list, I really liked the Dark Phoenix saga. I couldn't imagine that Jean Grey has been dead for so many years. Yet, we do have the alternate Jean from AoA. But she won't be anything like the old Jean. Like Cyclops would say, "JEEEEAAAAN!"

But the second and third one, I haven't read so far. But I would definitely want to check them out.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@The Impersonator said:

Age of Apocalypse is one of THE best story lines that I have read. I like the alternate take on the X-Men and other characters. It shows that different side in them even though we know who they really are. I heard that there is going to be an ongoing series which got mentioned by Babs in the news article. (PLEASE MARVEL, DON'T CANCEL IT!) I also liked the much darker version of Wolverine (Weapon X) who's been portrayed in this reality. I can't wait to be drawn into this reality once again. Well, I was already drawn back into the reality from Uncanny X-Force. =P

There are lots of bunch other good ones out there. But from your list, I really liked the Dark Phoenix saga. I couldn't imagine that Jean Grey has been dead for so many years. Yet, we do have the alternate Jean from AoA. But she won't be anything like the old Jean. Like Cyclops would say, "JEEEEAAAAN!"

But the second and third one, I haven't read so far. But I would definitely want to check them out.

You definitely have to check out Joss Whedon's run on "Astonishing X-Men!" It was probably one of the best series during the 2000s!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Bump.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Machines of War by Victor Gischler is offically IMO one of the best storylines I've read.

No Caption Provided
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By John Valentine
    • Dark Phoenix Saga.
    • Days of Future Past.
    • Mutant Massacre.
    • Age of Apocalypse.
    • Dark Angel Saga.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@John Valentine said:

• Dark Phoenix Saga.
    • Days of Future Past.
    • Mutant Massacre.
    • Age of Apocalypse.
    • Dark Angel Saga.

I loved Dark Phoenix Saga! I'm going to try and read Mutant Massacre and Days of Future Past!

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Tigerstriper

@Rabbitearsblog: That came out when I was in HS, and I loved it! I had almost every issue, I probably would have gotten them all, but the stores where I bought my comics were not very consistent in what comics they ordered.

As far as comics go, nothing gets my motor running like a good classic X-men story. You might like this list I put together.

My Top 20 Favorite X-Men Stories

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Tigerstriper said:

@Rabbitearsblog: That came out when I was in HS, and I loved it! I had almost every issue, I probably would have gotten them all, but the stores where I bought my comics were not very consistent in what comics they ordered.

As far as comics go, nothing gets my motor running like a good classic X-men story. You might like this list I put together.

My Top 20 Favorite X-Men Stories

That's great! I'll check this out!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.