Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Best X-men Leader

• 94 results
    darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Best X-men Leader (183 votes)

Xavier 13%
    Scott 57%
    Storm 16%
    Jean 4%
    Logan 9%

Who best kept the X-men together? Who best pulled the X-men through its worst trials?

• 
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Cyclops.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be so biased on reading tenure. Sadly.

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By henrik

Logan

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I feel like this will come down to Cyclops and Storm (who I voted for), or it probably should. But, honestly, I feel like Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine deserve this title pretty much equally.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I feel like this will come down to Cyclops and Storm (who I voted for), or it probably should. But, honestly, I feel like Cyclops, Storm, and Wolverine deserve this title pretty much equally.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

i agree and disagree, Storm and Cyclops are the two best leaders the X Franchise has seen and they deserve to be looked at as equals. Wolverine on the other hand loses part of his character in a leadership role, dont get me wrong i never try to insult Wolverine's character its just not in character for him to be the leader. The right hand man, the loner, the man who does things so others don't have to, but the leader isn't or at least shouldn't really be him. I voted Cyclops btw

Chuck should get some sort of nod, he did start it all :-p but even as the original leader he was never the real leader Cyclops took on that role, ive always looked at him as more of the "founder"

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ororo Munroe aka Storm for me because she believes in Professor Xavier's dream.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

TheGwailo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really think that Cyclops has been the best leader of the X-Men overall, but Storm has been an outstanding team leader and second in command. I think Cyclops just has more experience and innate ability to influence people, for better or worse.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

i agree and disagree, Storm and Cyclops are the two best leaders the X Franchise has seen and they deserve to be looked at as equals. Wolverine on the other hand loses part of his character in a leadership role, dont get me wrong i never try to insult Wolverine's character its just not in character for him to be the leader. The right hand man, the loner, the man who does things so others don't have to, but the leader isn't or at least shouldn't really be him. I voted Cyclops btw

I agree that, classically, if Storm or Cyclops is around, right hand man probably suits him better. I just like when the role falls on him in their absence. Like when there's him and two or three other X-men (besides Cyclops or Storm), he generally takes responsibility for the group.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@oldnightcrawler: see i totally agree with that scenario "if" a situation occurs wolverine stepping up makes a nice story, but i don't think it should be a long term thing (a story or two) and i think that still Cyclops and Storm are just a notch better, so when the question asked who is the best leader its one of them two if not both, and wolverine simply shouldnt be in the convo, of BEST leader, best second in command, best x men over all, best alot of things but Best X men leader isn't one of them

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MagnificentStorm

I think Storm is the best out of the list. Not because she is my favorite but because her values an morals have stayed the same from the classic days. Unlike Wolverine an Scott which have change dramatically over the years. An not to mention that each have started things that were not smart decision an made the mutant community as a whole look bad. I doubt a lot of the stuff would have happened if Storm was still the main leader of the X-men an not Cyclops or Wolverine.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler: see i totally agree with that scenario "if" a situation occurs wolverine stepping up makes a nice story, but i don't think it should be a long term thing (a story or two) and i think that still Cyclops and Storm are just a notch better, so when the question asked who is the best leader its one of them two if not both, and wolverine simply shouldnt be in the convo, of BEST leader, best second in command, best x men over all, best alot of things but Best X men leader isn't one of them

sure, I see what you mean.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

so Storm- sooooooo Storm!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Too many Strom fans up in here!

Anyway, I always liked Scott ass the field leader and Xavier as their moral leader.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

U can think of him as a douche jerk etc... But Cyclopes has natural leadership skills. He's lead countless incarnations of the teams and just has the instinct of leading.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott is the best leader the X-Men has ever had. Storm is a close second. If she's done more in the past two decades then maybe she would have eclipsed Cyclops.

Prof X shouldn't be in the running. His ideal is something to fight for and he's a good teacher, but he was never that great of a leader. He was gone for half of the X-Men's existence.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto! Nyahahahahahaha!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Cyclops is currently out of his mind and people don't like him. He's lost that admirable charismatic flare he once had in favor of this zealot dream quest he'll never see the fruits of. He's a maniac who has lost the plot. Amongst who, and what he have, he's fallen far.

Wolverine is not, has not, and ever will be, in the discussion.

Storm.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Cyclops is wining this cause of the Cyclops fans. There a lot on comic vine now.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops and Xavier are the best leaders for the X-Men.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I'm just gonna throw this out there. As much as I like Xavier (which is a lot, and he's one of my favorite characters), I don't think he's ever been a good leader of the X-men.

He's a fantastic character, and he's done a lot of really cool stuff, most notably training most of the classic X-men, but he's rarely lead the team in any very effective way.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not diminishing the contributions of Cyclops, Storm and Wolverine. Lets be honest, it is easier to manage an inheritance than it is to create the fortune in the first place. Xavier dealt with creating a mutant school and haven at a time mature mutant allies were not available and the world did not even partially support/encourage his efforts. If his leadership is lessened in the eyes of some because he was partially paralyzed and older by the time of his comic debut then that is unfair. He was not a physical action hero for most of his life due to circumstances. His actions as a mutant leader gave mutants hope, focus and sanctuary & created more leaders. The other three have not achieved this feat yet. So for me, Xavier is the best leader.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why didn't storm step up or take over when scott left? why was the x-men left in the hands of jean?

-sorry i wasnt reading those days

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

Cyclops is wining this cause of the Cyclops fans. There a lot on comic vine now.

TBH, there's been a lot of Cyke fans on CV for years now. At least more than other forums. There has been an influx of new fans, though, which does goes against AgeofHurricane's idea that he's not popular.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna throw this out there. As much as I like Xavier (which is a lot, and he's one of my favorite characters), I don't think he's ever been a good leader of the X-men.

He's a fantastic character, and he's done a lot of really cool stuff, most notably training most of the classic X-men, but he's rarely lead the team in any very effective way.

TBH, I don't think he was around for most of the X-Men's most dire moments. I could be wrong.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At one point after one of the times he regained the use of his legs, it was hinted and pondered by Xavier to be a more active field leader. That idea was never developed beyond that.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@josedriveratcr7 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

TBH, I don't think he was around for most of the X-Men's most dire moments. I could be wrong.

oh, well he swooped in and saved their butts all the time in the 60's, and he's helped them defeat lots of threats like the Shadow King in the Muir Island Saga, Magneto in Fatal Attractions, Cassandra Nova in Morrison's run and Danger in Whedon's; but as far as being a leader, it always seemed like he was more of a teacher/inspiration than an actual leader of the team.

@sinisteri said:

At one point after one of the times he regained the use of his legs, it was hinted and pondered by Xavier to be a more active field leader. That idea was never developed beyond that.

He did that back when Storm was first leading the team in the 80's, turned out to be terrible at it, and gracefully stepped down to let Storm retake her place.

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think that the 3 characters with the strongest leadership qualities are Cyclops, Storm, and Magneto. I think it was referred to before somewhere but Magneto would be the best leader in a time of war and violence, Storm would be the best leader in times of peace, while Cyclops would be the best leader for the times where things are in-between.

Xavier was less of a leader and more of a guiding figure. Wolverine lacks leadership ability and is only put in leading positions because of his popularity. And Jean is less of a leader and more of the "heart" of the X-men. I guess you could say that if Jean is the heart of the x-men, then Xavier is the mind and Wolverine is the fist. But I wouldn't say any of them are the best leaders when compared to Cyclops, Storm, and Magneto.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josedriveratcr7: FYI, i was talking about the X-Men and the greater half of Mutantkind that he hasn't gone and perved on to drink his kool-aid--they don't like him. I'm well aware that the guy's got a substantial amount of fans, with good reason. But the current incarnation is a joke.

Why didn't storm step up or take over when scott left? why was the x-men left in the hands of jean?

-sorry i wasnt reading those days

When was this ?

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@josedriveratcr7: FYI, i was talking about the X-Men and the greater half of Mutantkind that he hasn't gone and perved on to drink his kool-aid--they don't like him. I'm well aware that the guy's got a substantial amount of fans, with good reason. But the current incarnation is a joke.

To each their own, I suppose. :)

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tomchu
    No Caption Provided

He wins. Nuff Said.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott: They seemed to fall apart after he left; Ororo tried, but she just didn't have the natural talent he did.

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is currently out of his mind and people don't like him. He's lost that admirable charismatic flare he once had in favor of this zealot dream quest he'll never see the fruits of. He's a maniac who has lost the plot. Amongst who, and what he have, he's fallen far.

Wolverine is not, has not, and ever will be, in the discussion.

Storm.

I blame Bendis.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dernman  Online

@ageofhurricane: FYI, i was talking about the X-Men and the greater half of Mutantkind that he hasn't gone and perved on to drink his kool-aid--they don't like him.

You don't agree with Cyclops's side, what seems like most X-Men fans and what he's doing?

But the current incarnation is a joke.

Can you explain? He was my favorite X-Men until this new direction but all I hear is how great and right he is now.

EDIT: Nevermind I saw you other post.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cyclops!

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dayvid3

I voted cyke, but I'm curious did Xavier provide much in terms of tactics/field command? Or was he more of a unifyier, general management?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Scott

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Went with Storm. Scott is a close second though.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was torn between Scott and Logan. I like drama. Things are too boring with those other folks in charge. Ended up siding with Scott. Ya know...'cause he's always right. >.>

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men's most recent issue has further cemented my judgement. Real leaders allow even the youngest ones to have a say so. They don't dictate.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men's most recent issue has further cemented my judgement. Real leaders allow even the youngest ones to have a say so. They don't dictate.

Jubilee is bringing a BABY into a battle!. There's nothing more reckless than that. Hell it completely goes against the JGS which was started so kids wouldn't have to fight. Storm should have stood her ground and said no like any sane person would have.

Avatar image for cyclops4president
    Cyclops4President

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

@oldnightcrawler: Obviously I voted for Cyclops.

1) He was Xavier's first student and bred to become the field leader and ultimate leader of the X-Men. These are Xavier's words.

2) Xavier created the X-Men as a tool to help accomplish his ultimate dream. Xavier never boasted to be the LEADER of the X-Men, but rather a teacher, mentor, father figure. Scott was always the Field General, the one who the troops looked to in battle to get them through the battle. He has always been this leader, this role as the leader of the X-Men, and now mutant kind, has always been his destiny.

3) Storm has leadership qualities, but she is first and foremost a queen and deity of a foreign land. Sure, she led the Morlocks, and I think those two are her real passion. She has led X-Men teams because of necessity, but I believe Scott has always been the chosen one to be the X-Men's leader.

4) Wolverine, give me a break. Wolverine has been forced into this recent "leadership" role and it doesn't suit him AT ALL. He is an animalistic killing machine with serious issues. I would like Wolverine on my team in battle, but I would need Cyclops as the filed leader.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomchu said:
    No Caption Provided

He wins. Nuff Said.

The one true leader of the Xmen, Cyke!

fantommfatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott is the worst character and a huge disappointment in my opinion, but that doesnt destroy the fact that he was the best leader to ever lead the x-men. everything he did, he did to ensure the safety and well being of mutantkind and xaviers dream of peace. to bad he got drunk with power and became a douche........

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By madrid_san

@magnificentstorm:

I think Storm is the best out of the list. Not because she is my favorite but because her values an morals have stayed the same from the classic days. Unlike Wolverine an Scott which have change dramatically over the years. An not to mention that each have started things that were not smart decision an made the mutant community as a whole look bad. I doubt a lot of the stuff would have happened if Storm was still the main leader of the X-men an not Cyclops or Wolverine.

This is a very flawed argument. If Storm was the leader her unwavering morals, which you pointed out, would not allow her to make the necessary and impossible choices which Scott had to carry with him. Let's point out several results of the choices Scott chose to make for the sake of mutants.

• He secretly created X-Force to eliminate possible threats to mutants.Said team saved the planet during Second Coming, even sacrificing HIS OWN SON in the process.
    • He lost friends, including his original X-Men team members
    • Lost allies and their support such as the Avengers
    • Tarnishing his reputation in the superhero community for the sake of mutants
    • Created a Utopia for all mutants, uniting the race like never before.
    • Allied himself with Magneto, a key member, something Storm would not be able to do because of her "morals."

I can't remember all the points but everything I pointed out here, Storm would not have the leadership and headstrong decision making skills to handle all of these threats that the X-Men faced. They would have died a long time ago! So Scott gets my vote.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem with Storm is, she was good at the time when she was needed to lead. But in today's world, she is not going to be able to lead such a strong character as Scott, who is shown to be adaptable and willing to do far more than anyone for the mutant race. On top of this, his genius level strategic mind is way above Storms.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm:

@magnificentstorm said:

This is a very flawed argument. If Storm was the leader her unwavering morals, which you pointed out, would not allow her to make the necessary and impossible choices which Scott had to carry with him. Let's point out several results of the choices Scott chose to make for the sake of mutants.

• He secretly created X-Force to eliminate possible threats to mutants.Said team saved the planet during Second Coming, even sacrificing HIS OWN SON in the process.
    • He lost friends, including his original X-Men team members
    • Lost allies and their support such as the Avengers
    • Tarnishing his reputation in the superhero community for the sake of mutants
    • Created a Utopia for all mutants, uniting the race like never before.
    • Allied himself with Magneto, a key member, something Storm would not be able to do because of her "morals."

I can't remember all the points but everything I pointed out here, Storm would not have the leadership and headstrong decision making skills to handle all of these threats that the X-Men faced. They would have died a long time ago! So Scott gets my vote.

Looks like you've been reading X-Books since 2008, no ?

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madrid_san: You are most certainly not alone in thinking this. Actually I personally just view as Scott being self destructive at the "benefit" of mutants. You know that sounds like that guy who wore that purple costume on the cover uncanny v1 #200...what was his name again?

@ageofhurricane: His point is valid, hell its even worse for a older reader such as myself. Scott knew better in the 80's, yet here we are. How is your bendis voodoo doll coming along? you haven't talked about it in a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.