Best X-men Film???Why?

#1 Posted by Novaboy (112 posts) - - Show Bio

1 2 or 3???

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

None, they havent made the best one yet.

#3 Posted by RAY (324 posts) - - Show Bio

id have to say 3, although i expected more, i hope they make somemore of em

#4 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I like 2 myself.

#5 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by MuadDib (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Not 3.

#7 Posted by kaami4 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 was all right compared 2 da others

#8 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

1 & 2 were best in my book. 3 was an atrocity. Hopefully this prequel will redeem the franchise.

#9 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

x2 was the bestest

#10 Posted by IrishX (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say the opening scene with Nightcrawler along with introducing Colossus (even if it was brief it was a bad-ass scene) gives X2 the edge.  

There is a lot of reasons people can be upset with or dislike the X-Men films but personally I was just happy to see all these characters finally up on the big screen. Could they have been done better? Sure but so could almost every movie I've ever seen. 

#11 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
" I'd say the opening scene with Nightcrawler along with introducing Colossus (even if it was brief it was a bad-ass scene) gives X2 the edge.   There is a lot of reasons people can be upset with or dislike the X-Men films but personally I was just happy to see all these characters finally up on the big screen. Could they have been done better? Sure but so could almost every movie I've ever seen.  "
I agree with all of this. And yeah, I think X2 edges out the others.
#12 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 (Like Spiderman 2) was the best of the series.

#13 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I Actually Liked X2 + X3
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon said:
" @IrishX said:
" I'd say the opening scene with Nightcrawler along with introducing Colossus (even if it was brief it was a bad-ass scene) gives X2 the edge.   There is a lot of reasons people can be upset with or dislike the X-Men films but personally I was just happy to see all these characters finally up on the big screen. Could they have been done better? Sure but so could almost every movie I've ever seen.  "
I agree with all of this. And yeah, I think X2 edges out the others. "
Except for the lack of Cyclops, X-2 was easily the best. =)
#15 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll reserve judgement for until First class comes out

#16 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 for now, but I'd bet my detonator that First Class will blow it away. 

On an interesting tangent, has anyone else noticed that the second movie of a superhero franchise is almost unilaterally the best?

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:
" X2 for now, but I'd bet my detonator that First Class will blow it away.  On an interesting tangent, has anyone else noticed that the second movie of a superhero franchise is almost unilaterally the best? "
First Class looks abhorrent. 

And I agree with your second comment, first is good, second is better, third is terrible. 

The only franchise that doesn't work for is Spidey, first was good, second was worse, third was beyond terrible.
#18 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

X-2; Mystique was so badass .

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@rogue_mar1e said:
" X-2; Mystique was so badass . "
So was Rogu... oh, right. :P
#20 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @rogue_mar1e said:
So was Rogu... oh, right. :P "
8|
#21 Posted by puiwaihin (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Origins: Wolverine was the best of the series.

#22 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
After seeing Kick-Ass, I'm confident that Matthew Vaughn will do a great job. 

And Spider-Man 2 was one of the best movies of the year, non-superhero movies included.
#23 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@rogue_mar1e said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

" @rogue_mar1e said:
8| "
There, there. Think of X-Men the Animated Series and all will be well.

@PumpkinBomb said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  
After seeing Kick-Ass, I'm confident that Matthew Vaughn will do a great job. 

And Spider-Man 2 was one of the best movies of the year, non-superhero movies included. "

Kick-Ass was great, but have you seen the character line up for First Class? It's an atrocity. 

And Spidey 2 made no sense. Why did Doc Ock want to build his machine again? There was no reason for it. It was completely stupid.
#24 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @rogue_mar1e said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @rogue_mar1e said:
8| "
There, there. Think of X-Men the Animated Series and all will be well. "
nice save :P 
Rogue was awesome in the animated series .
#25 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@rogue_mar1e said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @rogue_mar1e said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @rogue_mar1e said:
8| "
There, there. Think of X-Men the Animated Series and all will be well. "
nice save :P Rogue was awesome in the animated series . "
That she was. As was Cyclops. 
 "Energy blast, huh? Here's one from a pro!" (Sentinel's head is gone)
#26 Edited by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
Mystique + Emma Frost + Magneto + Kevin-Bacon-as-Sebastian-Shaw? Amazing! The only one I don't like is Angel Salvadore, but that's mostly just reflexive distaste to Grant Morrison. 

He wanted to build his machine again because the tentacles had taken over his brain, and they'd been created with the sole purpose of building such a machine. Besides, the out-of-spandex character interactions and comedy were good enough to hold up a movie in their own right, and the clock tower/train fight scene is one of the best in cinema.
#27 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: Let's agree to disagree :)

An X-Men film without Cyclops is not an X-Men film. Especially one that's supposed to focus on the early days of the academy.
#28 Posted by oldgum (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I only know Gen X is the worst.

#29 Edited by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: 
It's supposed to be in continuity with the previous trilogy, and as far as I can recall, Cyclops and the gang had no previous personal experience with Magneto. 
Besides, it's not the characters so much as how well they're written - I'm sure having a different team will be interesting in its own right, and help them tell a more original-feeling story. 
(And Cyclops has a hell of a convoluted origin story, so there's that, although Havok's role will probably retcon something simpler anyways.)
#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: The film's continuity is a complete screwjob anyway now though, thanks to Origins.
#31 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought they were all horrible to be honest, except for a few good parts in each. I fell asleep during Origins on the only chance I had to see it so that can't be good. X3 was painful to watch, so that leaves it to X1 and 2 for me, and both of them tie in boring each was.

#32 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 is the best. There's alot of improvement for all the X-Men movies. I particularly liked the plot, Nightcrawler teleporting f/x and the ending with Jean Grey dying. I really though X3 was gonna do a better job with the Dark Phoenix story. I also liked Spiderman 2.

#34 Posted by Vitality (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

The Last Stand was my favorite because it had the most characters and what I thought was a good "what-if" x-men story.
#35 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
I was advised against seeing it, so I don't know what went on on that front. I'll take your word for it, though.
#36 Posted by Warpath Storm (492 posts) - - Show Bio

i am obsessed with my x-men and i hated all of them

#37 Posted by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

1.   Seems like, in many, many film franchises, the first is always the best.  Yes, the second is OK too, but it tends to go downhill anyways, turning to crap by the third.
#38 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the three movies, X-Men United was my fav.

#39 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably 2, but I love them all. 3 wasn't THAT BAD....I might have chosen 1 if Jean wasn't so weak and Halle had a proper lace front!!! lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.