Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Best X-Man of the 60s

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By X35

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By One_Eye

Cyclops for me.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

Does Xavier count?

because if he doesn't it's still a tie, for me, between Iceman and the Beast.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lykopis

Iceman for knowing how to rock a pole!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Veitha

Scott

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Marvel Girl. I loved her showing in the First Official Girl Power Moments of the X-Men:

(Unfortunately, I couldn't find the panels before this when she distracts Magneto and his Mutates by telekinetically throwing things at them, while subtly activating Cyclops' visor while they were busy dodging.

Just to put this into perspective, this issue of X-Men was released in 1969. Invisible Woman didn't become Malice until about Fantastic Four 281-285 which were published in 1985 (she changed her code name to Invisible Woman shortly thereafter) and IIRC John Byrne really drove the dynamic change in Sue's forcefields by giving her more control over them in the late '70s and he began to write Sue as more confident and assertive in the early '80s. Basically, between Jean, Wanda and Storm, the majority of Girl Power!!! moments came from X-Women/female mutants for much of the early to mid Marvel timeline, and Jean lead that charge!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.