manly becase it'll clarify if shes a mutant

Wolverine

I really wanna see his conversation with the original X-Men

Squirrel Girl

It could happen

Quicksilver

it should happen

#2 Edited by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure he is going to get his pick. I hope asside from the original bring brought into the future he will try to give some less used X-Men thee spotlight. 
One think I am praying for is no Wolverine an another X Book.

#3 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

He's doing the original X-Men time travel plot.

All-New X-Men: “The X-Men is a tough nut to crack,” says Brian Michael Bendis. “It’s the Robert Altman movie of comics. There’s thousands of characters, all of which have a website dedicated just to them. I wanted to make sure I had a take that was unique.” So when it came time to plan for Marvel NOW!, Bendis — who’s been Marvel’s go-to Avengers guy for close to eight years — remembered an idea that had been floating around the Marvel writers’ retreats for a long time. “It was about the original X-Men. If they saw what the Marvel universe was now…well, it’s so much worse than the Days of Future Past that they’re always worried about. This would scare the crap out of them.
Thus: All-New X-Men, a time-travel story with the original X-Men jumping to the present. We’re talking Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Angel, and Marvel Girl. They’re teenagers. They’re wearing blue-and-yellow outfits. They’re seeing their older selves, and they don’t all like what they see.
Bendis is literally drawing the teenaged X-Men from a specific panel in the original Stan Lee/Jack Kirby X-Men series, “a moment where they’re at their most feisty.” And although he can’t talk too much about the mechanics that get the old-school X-Men into the present, he promises this is not a dream sequence. “No Danger Room, no imaginary story. This is actually happening.” (In a statement guaranteed to calm at least some of the skeptics, Bendis swears: “The space-time continuum is of utmost importance to me.”)
Bendis stresses that All-New X-Men is most of all a character story: the tale of young, idealistic people who are suddenly faced with a bleak vision of their own future. “Here’s the big question that the original X-Men are gonna be faced with: We’re gonna grow up, and thisis what we’re going to get? That is not acceptable.”
And of course, the time-travel shenanigans at the center of All-New X-Men will bring fan-favorite character Jean Grey back to the mainstream comics continuity for the first time since her (second) death in 2004. “It’s the one thing X-Men fans have always asked for is: They want Jean Grey back. But they want Jean Grey. Not reincarnated Jean, or the ghost of Jean. Well, you’re getting Jean back. And Jean is gonna be looking at a world that rattles her.” And Bendis brings up an intriguing personal connection when he talks about writing the beloved character: “I love feisty redheads. I’ve been married for many years to a very feisty redhead. But I’ve never applied that to writing before. I didn’t even realize what I was doing, but Stuart Immonen is drawing the book, and looking at it I realized: ‘Ha ha, I’m doing my wife!’”
#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7201 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll find a way to integrate: Spider-man, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, the other Jessica that he's so damn fond of and Fongji into the team.

The reason ? They were Mutants all along, silly.

I'll give the first two issues a try, if i'm even remotely interested, i'll probably put my money where my mouth'd be placed at that time, if no, then buh bye Bendis.

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (13684 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis will choose some awesome characters that could never find a way to work together.And as we already saw Jean Grey will be in the team.

#6 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

if there is squirrel girl, then they will be unstoppable

#7 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to throw it out there, I think the premise of the book sounds pretty good.

Also, say what you will about Bendis, but he does his best work with teenage superheroes. Plus, he'll be allowed relatively free reign over these characters; because they're not from current MU, impact to continuity will be minimal.

#8 Posted by _Zombie_ (10226 posts) - - Show Bio

Uuuuuggggghhhhhh..

#9 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke CAGEEE.

#10 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

jessica jones and jessica drew is in this. he can say f*ck you to beast, iceman etc. but not to these 2. THEY SHALL BE IN THE BOOK!! GODENDIS HAS SPOKEN!

#11 Posted by bamaboykmb (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

He'll find a way to integrate: Spider-man, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, the other Jessica that he's so damn fond of and Fongji into the team.

The reason ? They were Mutants all along, silly.

I'll give the first two issues a try, if i'm even remotely interested, i'll probably put my money where my mouth'd be placed at that time, if no, then buh bye Bendis.

I loved this comment

:

#12 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I'm going to throw it out there, I think the premise of the book sounds pretty good.

Also, say what you will about Bendis, but he does his best work with teenage superheroes. Plus, he'll be allowed relatively free reign over these characters; because they're not from current MU, impact to continuity will be minimal.

Agreed.

#13 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Shouldn't it be Jessica Drew and the other Jessica?

Yeah, sorry, just had to point that out, lol.

@John Valentine said:

I'm thinking the opposite. I think that the premise of the book sounds stupid as f*ck, that said I'm confident that Bendis can make it a good book. Why? He's said that the time-travel aspect isn't going to be central to the book, so I doubt that anything major in terms of shock value is going to come that everybody hates and the fact that the characters don't have decades of continuity behind them plus that they're teenagers, which like you said are two factors that allow him to do some of his best work.

#14 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is the only X-Man Bendis feels comfortable with. Or the only one he knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.