Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Bendis Update

• 56 results
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

on his tumblr page this is not a joke like the gag one they made about the x-men kissing

this is real. this is by Joe Quinones.

coming soon!

(that’s right tumblr, its a fate worse than death for colossus, i put him on a team with Adam x!! and it is all your fault!:) )

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: The other one wasn't a gag you know...

i think it was, i read it at comicbook resources http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55826

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm ok whats this about?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: i dont know maybe a new series to replace some old the wolverine titles?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teerack

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@teerack said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: The other one wasn't a gag you know...

i think it was, i read it at comicbook resources http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55826

That's not what that means. The gag is the variant itself. The same way this is a gag cover.

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Odd cast of characters....hopefully some variation of the "X-Men World" idea to put to use some of the characters not getting focus...interesting

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yeah and maybe something to do with AXIS

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Lol i could get with that if this was some makeshift X-Men team, and with Sage as a coordinator...though i didn't think we were getting many X-Men tie-ins for this event

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Another xtreme x-men team, maybe???

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

that is such a bizarre team….does this mean Colossus is leaving Amazing? Or is he pulling a Wolverine and going multi-book?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Damn how many people are on this thing. It's probably like that New Xmen drawing that Mann did. Didnt Bendis have something he was supposed to be doing called the Utopians?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

I guess it could be the Utopians thing, but the only big character on that cover is Colossus. It has to be something alt verse related. I mean...that's an old school looking Marrow as well. Assuming it isn't actually a gag and is an actual book...Who in gods name leads this group?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dman1366

Is Bendis supposed to write this? I hope not.....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The only thing that could make this team better is Maggot

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it could be the Utopians thing, but the only big character on that cover is Colossus. It has to be something alt verse related. I mean...that's an old school looking Marrow as well. Assuming it isn't actually a gag and is an actual book...Who in gods name leads this group?

sage or calisto lead? maybe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Poor Colossus.

Also they forgot Sage's eye thingies.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StarWatcher

... Interesting.

They look like a freak show type circus troupe hahaha!

Although anything with Sage I'm on board with hahaha, so I say sure why not. Also yay Colossus!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack

It's not nearly as good as the kissing variant. That's the one I'll probably get.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so it's every Z-series character thrown in there with Colossus?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

Bendis revenge for asking too much about colossus. since when is spiral an x-men, i thought it was a temporary thing

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yeah? That's highly expected....

He took the avengers form no ones favorite super hero team and made them marvel's premiere super hero team(talking about before the movie even came out), not to mention how 10 years of greatness all came crashing down the second he pulled away from the ultimate universe, with the exception being Ultimate Spider-Man since he is still on that book. People may hate him but he knows what the mass majority want to read and Marvel doesn't just toss him around they pretty much trust him to work on a franchise for years and years.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

Bendis revenge for asking too much about colossus. since when is spiral an x-men, i thought it was a temporary thing

Meh, I expect nothing from Bendis but disappointment. He might have good ideas from time to time but his execution leave something to be desired. That being said, I don't buy that image as a legitimate thing yet. If it is, it's going to be horrible for Pete. How else would you expect someone who has publicly stated that he hates the character to write him? God, please let Bendis move off with his OC books and away from the X-men.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dman1366

@teerack: his avengers was awful! The man cannot follow continuity, and his adult dialog is lacking at best. I know you're still a teenager, but to us grown ups it is irksome to watch other adults act like they just got their licence taken away.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Teerack
    @dman1366 said:

@teerack: his avengers was awful! The man cannot follow continuity, and his adult dialog is lacking at best. I know you're still a teenager, but to us grown ups it is irksome to watch other adults act like they just got their licence taken away.

I'm not a teenager and really nothing you said actually has any weight on what I said. Like I said Marvel has a lot of trust in Bendis because the way he writes DOSE sell books. I don't really care how emotional that makes you man.

If you go back just a year in my post you will probably find lots of posts from me complaining about how bad he characterized the Hulk. Hell you can go back a couple months ago and see how I really didn't like ANX at all until after Battle of the Atom and they left the school. It is annoying when when he just ignores things like how Jean was able to make Logan go to sleep with her telepathy in one of the first issues, but in the current state of the industry you really need to just not get so hung up on details like that or you wont like anything. The Death of Wolverine series has a few really clear continuity errors for example, but that comic is fantastic and I don't let the whole story get ruined by it.

Maybe if you really are an "adult" try not getting hung up on the little things and letting things go to enjoy the story? /shrug.

It's not like there aren't huge chunks of continuity that are consistently ignored because of how appositely horrible they were. Just think about Grant Morrison's New X-Men run and how all it did was go back and ruin all of the amazing things from Scott Lobdell's run on X-Men which is still considered one of the strongest X-Men runs ever. There is also all of the horribleness from "Heroes Reborn" they just pretended never happened across all titles.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never will understand the worshipful adoration some people have for Bendis. I have my favorites too but its not like they can do no wrong. Any error he makes is not a big deal for his fans, but let another writer do it. He has some decent ideas at times but his execution coupled with a ridiculously slow and drawn out pace and obvious arrogant attempts to troll and piss off the fans, and his at times blatant attempts to character assassinate and destruction of anything slightly resembling continuity sometimes drowns out t his talent. And please dont try to give me numbers as a justification of anything. The masses are generally not the best argument to use for obvious reasons that I wont state here because I dont want to offend anyone.

This amalgam of a team or whatever hopefully is another troll thing on his part. Though Utopians was supposed to be his thing. Who knows but I certainly don't want him writing Sage or Colossus and Spiral is not an xman.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Never will understand the worshipful adoration some people have for Bendis. I have my favorites too but its not like they can do no wrong. Any error he makes is not a big deal for his fans, but let another writer do it. He has some decent ideas at times but his execution coupled with a ridiculously slow and drawn out pace and obvious arrogant attempts to troll and piss off the fans, and his at times blatant attempts to character assassinate and destruction of anything slightly resembling continuity sometimes drowns out t his talent. And please dont try to give me numbers as a justification of anything. The masses are generally not the best argument to use for obvious reasons that I wont state here because I dont want to offend anyone.

This amalgam of a team or whatever hopefully is another troll thing on his part. Though Utopians was supposed to be his thing. Who knows but I certainly don't want him writing Sage or Colossus and Spiral is not an xman.

Pretty much this.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Well... this just disrupts every book going on-- *cough* X-force *cough* Storm solo *cough* Bendis has some explaining to do.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@hawk2916 said:

Pretty much this.

If you were referring to my post I actually wasn't talking about the quality of his work or whether or not I like it. I was being 100% objective and talking about the likelihood of his x-men run being long.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @numi said:

@hawk2916 said:

Pretty much this.

If you were referring to my post I actually wasn't talking about the quality of his work or whether or not I like it. I was being 100% objective and talking about the likelihood of his x-men run being long.

I wasn't referring to your post.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Wasn't necessarily talking to you. I agree that his run will be long. Hell it has to be. Look how long its taking to get to this so called revolution. What is it damn near 3 years now?!!! Bendis and David are similar in writing the long arc but thats where all similarities end

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Teerack

@numi: Okay. I just have been getting a little frustrated at being called a fan boy for liking half of one run recently. >.< especially when half the time I'm not even talking about my own feelings and am just speaking objectively/generally.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: By the way...... you actually gave credit to Scott Lobdell's run on xmen and had a bit of criticism for Morrison. I'd have to say you are probably objective.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: You make some cogent points actually. I completely agree with you about Bendis being able to sell books, regardless of the quality of his writing. I also agree that he will be on the X-Men for a long time. His Avengers run was what? 5 years? I guess the only thing to do is buy the X-Books without his name on it. And also, continuity does not mean everything, sure; however, assassinating characters and insulting fans is not a way to write a story.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will admit, I really like the idea of Teen-Jean and Emma going psychic karate kid

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk even know who half these characters are but the art looks terrible.

forge looks like cheech, shatterstar looks like he has a perm and the baseball hat guy..idk who he is but looks lame as hell.

now art isn't the be all end all...but off to a bad start.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonnythewolf said:

forge looks like cheech, shatterstar looks like he has a perm and the baseball hat guy..idk who he is but looks lame as hell.

No Caption Provided

I think that is supposed to be Rictor? It looks somewhat similar to his old look.

I'm not a fan of the artwork. Maybe it will look different with color.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonnythewolf said:

No Caption Provided

I think that is supposed to be Rictor? It looks somewhat similar to his old look.

I'm not a fan of the artwork. Maybe it will look different with color.

I think it's Adam X.

Even if they all have their old looks.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will admit, I really like the idea of Teen-Jean and Emma going psychic karate kid

me too :)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor said:

me too :)

I dont. I wis they'd stop with trying to force an Emma-Jean relationship down our throats. I dont care if its student-teacher/mentor or enemies, frenemies whatever. Emma can focus on training the people she was already working with before. Again I wish the O5 would go back but if not, why not just let the o5 stay in the Ultimate universe, since there's really no x-book in the Ultimate U right now. If not just let Rachel train Jean.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor: at this point, what could Emma actually teach Jean? From what I have read, Jean can now go all l33t and do whatever she wants, kind of like Superman. I feel like the only thing Emma could pass down is how to really emotionally wreck a man and how to dress for success.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.