Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Bendis Next To Take On The X-Men!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @hydrabob said:

The Ultimate Universe sucks. I'd still give up on them

It only sucked when Loeb became one of it's prominent writers. It was stellar before that. 

There's an Ultimate Spidey? I thought they killed him....

There's a new one. His powers are slightly different.

@FadeToBlackBolt

It's hard to screw up Peter Parker, you know, short of killing him.   OH YEAH, HE DID THAT.   BENDIS O_____O

Okay..
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Illuminatus said:

@Jake Fury said:

Well, the X-Men franchise is the only thing more watered down than the Avengers in Marvel right now....

...What?

There are what, 8 X-Titles right now? Bendis can't ruin something that's already that tainted.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@Illuminatus:

Then how is he Spider-Man?

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#154  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Ughhh seriously Marvel? Just when i thought some things were finally getting better.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#155  Edited By MatKrenz

Jesus Chrsit you people are a bunch of cry babies. I get these are characters you like but saying you are gonna go after him if he miss writes one of them is just laughably sad and just continues the stigma of us being manchildren complaining after everything.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#156  Edited By Mercy_

@WildValentine said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@WildValentine said:

for the love of everything holy in the X-verse, don't let him touch Uncanny X-Force.

Or X-Factor. Or Legacy. Or Uncanny (Emma's been through enough turmoil under Fraction)

I'm just starting to like Emma Frost, so you've piqued my interest? What runs did Fraction control?

Uncanny X-Men from issue #500 forward, up until Gillen took over was Fraction's reign.

For good Emma reading you want (in this order) New X-Men (by Morrison), Astonishing X-Men (Whedon's run) and New X-Men (Kyle/Yost run). Those are Emma's definitive appearances since coming into the fold of the X-Men and these are the writers who truly understood her.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#157  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @MatKrenz said:
    Jesus Chrsit you people are a bunch of cry babies. I get these are characters you like but saying you are gonna go after him if he miss writes one of them is just laughably sad and just continues the stigma of us being manchildren complaining after everything.
    Or, he's another option;  

You're an imbecile. These characters have survived 50 years without being destroyed by incompetents and the morons who buy their work (yes, I'm including people like you who defend them in that), and yet we, who have grown with them, are supposed to accept that they be completely decimated simply because a writer is terrible? No.  

People who just accept the awful things that happen are the reason for the damned Holocaust. 
    Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By Cafeterialoca

Maybe the Avengers will be likable characters once Bendis leaves.

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By redleigh86

@Illuminatus:

Or "reboot" with another universe entirely. Have the transition be the current world learning about the other, and then just transition wholly to the other world for most of the runs and still keep 616 in a few books.

I don't know, I'm not one of those opposed to a complete reboot. I didn't like House of M and I don't like a lot of the storylines they did, or what they did to certain characters, and I think an entirely new universe of X-Men with a new history and new ways of doing things would be interesting, and keep everything fresh. But at the same time I don't want them to get rid of 616 entirely.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @redleigh86 said:

@Illuminatus:

Or "reboot" with another universe entirely. Have the transition be the current world learning about the other, and then just transition wholly to the other world for most of the runs and still keep 616 in a few books.

I don't know, I'm not one of those opposed to a complete reboot. I didn't like House of M and I don't like a lot of the storylines they did, or what they did to certain characters, and I think an entirely new universe of X-Men with a new history and new ways of doing things would be interesting, and keep everything fresh. But at the same time I don't want them to get rid of 616 entirely.

They can't really ruin the X-Men any more than they have, admittedly. Marvel needs a reboot the way DC didn't. 
    redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By redleigh86

@MatKrenz said:

It's hyperbole for emphasis (a common method of complaint), and there's nothing wrong with being upset over someone possibly ruining something you love, when they have a history of ruining. Manchildren? I'm not even going to get into the whole "we're not all men" thing, however everyone everywhere complains abouteverything. It's an inherently human characteristic. Frankly I think complaining about complainers is worse...

redleigh86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By redleigh86

@FadeToBlackBolt: As much as I love X-Men... yeah :( There have been some good stories, and there are still good characters, but I agree that Marvel needed a reboot far more than DC.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#163  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @hydrabob said:

@Illuminatus:

He still has spider powers just a different version and the UU is better than anything going on in the 616 right now (with the exception of Amazing Spider-Man and Journey in to the Mystery) 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#164  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@X35 said:

But they only recently got Jason Aaron, Kieron Gillen and Chris Gage. ¬_¬

IKR? I wonder if this rumor will actually come to fruition. I wonder how Bendis is going to have 8-ish X titles out some on a bi-weekly basis and still write his precious Avengers?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MatKrenz said:

I'm going to have it the worst since I don't read X-Men. If he kills everyone off, makes them gay/straight, reduces their powers to magical properties created by a time-traveling Dr Strange and somehow makes humans accept mutants after years of fake oppression in the superhero world, I'll have to hear it for hours on end from my emo friend. If Bendis could only use his reality warping abilities to retcon fans it would be most appreciated.

@FadeToBlackBolt: Comparing this situation to the holocaust reminds me of the time I dropped my ice cream after walking out of the store, which was arguably as bad as Pearl Harbor.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn said:

@X35 said:

But they only recently got Jason Aaron, Kieron Gillen and Chris Gage. ¬_¬

IKR? I wonder if this rumor will actually come to fruition. I wonder how Bendis is going to have 8-ish X titles out some on a bi-weekly basis and still write his precious Avengers?

He's leaving Avengers.  

Besides, whether this is bogus or not, if enough people hate the guy then hopefully he'll read the message boards, become depressed, and kill himself. 
    Zhakaraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Zhakaraz

To be honest...he is actually doing a pretty good job with UCSM

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#168  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt: I forgot about that. Anyways I'll keep a level head til I know for sure which book(s) he is taking over. As long as it's not UXM, I'll be happy.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Mercy_

@Zhakaraz said:

The thing with this (and the Ult Universe and Bendis in general) is that it's an original character. There's no pre-existing continuity or characterization for him to ruin. That is not the case with The Avengers and now, it seems, the X-Men.

They should have just let him use the Ultimate Universe as his playground and kicked him out of 616 altogether.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#170  Edited By Gambit1024

@Zhakaraz said:

It's because that's not a team book. Bendis is admittedly pretty good with solo characters (i.e. Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil), but he's a cancer to team books.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

He's leaving Avengers. Besides, whether this is bogus or not, if enough people hate the guy then hopefully he'll read the message boards, become depressed, and kill himself.

Is it bad that I lol'd at this?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#171  Edited By Gambit1024

Meanwhile, on twitter:

Oh the Internet got hilarious while I was schooling . Just FYI wolverine and the xmen is my fave mainstream comic right now.

...I think he's mocking us.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Gambit1024 said:

Meanwhile, on twitter:

Oh the Internet got hilarious while I was schooling . Just FYI wolverine and the xmen is my fave mainstream comic right now.

...I think he's mocking us.

Eh, just mock him back, this scene sums him up nicely. 15-30 seconds.  

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By daredevil21134

Sorry to all you X-Men fans

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#174  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Maybe he will be better at it than he was at Avengers.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#175  Edited By Saren

Eh, I'll wait and see how it goes before burning all the things.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @Jake Fury said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Jake Fury said:

Well, the X-Men franchise is the only thing more watered down than the Avengers in Marvel right now....

...What?

There are what, 8 X-Titles right now? Bendis can't ruin something that's already that tainted.

Most of them are actually pretty great. Uncanny X-Force has been stellar since the first issue. 

@hydrabob

said:

@Illuminatus:

The spider that bit him was developed by Oscorp, he has nearly identical abilities except a few that Peter never had (camouflage, spider-sting), and he wears a very similar costume, except it's dark red and black. Besides, people are already callling him Spider-Man. 

@redleigh86

said:

@Illuminatus:

But the writers knew all along that House of M was only temporary and they could do whatever the hell they wanted knowing all along that all the wrongs would right themselves without question. If you completely reboot the universe and attempt to revitalize the classic characters, knowing that every word you type will be a part of main continuity now, you'll probably get the incentive that you should do some actual quality writing. 
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @hydrabob said:

@Illuminatus:

He still has spider powers just a different version and the UU is better than anything going on in the 616 right now (with the exception of Amazing Spider-Man and Journey in to the Mystery) 
    There's a few other good titles. Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Iron Man, X-Factor, Daredevil, Future Foundation, Fantastic Four all come to mind. But atleast the Ult. universe isn't constantly pumping out one event after another. 
    jaredbright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#178  Edited By jaredbright

I don't want Bendis X-Men. I haven't read the book in a while, a lot of that had to do with the fact that the New Avengers stuff interfered with the X-Men. In the X-men you've got the unique property of Mutants, and a lot of them. It's a school for people born that way and now there are practically none of them left because of House of M. Not only was it never explained beyond a magical spell, it makes no sense. I don't care what Bendis did with the Avengers, but it's made the X-men hard to read.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#179  Edited By Static Shock
    @FadeToBlackBolt@MatKrenz: Let's tone down the ridicule and name-calling, please. 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Static Shock: Yeah, sorry, about that. 
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#181  Edited By Kallarkz

oh crap...don't tell me this includes wolverine and the x-men....

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#182  Edited By John Valentine

No.......

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By John Valentine

@BlackArmor said:

5 stages of grief. The Bendis takes over your favorite Marvel book version.

1. Denial: Oh god no, maybe.....maybe bleeding cool made a mistake, yeah, they must have gotten this wrong, there's no way this is happening UXM is Marvels best book no way they would change writers with that going on......right?

2. Anger: F*ck Marvel, they can all go to hell they can go to hell and they can die, If I ever run into someone working at Marvel, woo boy they better run as fast as Quick Silver or that sonnuva ***** is dead. Gonna burn all my Marvel books, gonna burn down the Marvel headquarters. F*ck Marvel

3. Bargaining: Marvel.....can you hear me? it's me BlackArmor, listen I know we don't get along but if you keep Bendis away from UXM, I promise I'll drop all....some of my DC books and by 10 of yours.

4. Depression: Gonna, kill myself, there's no good in the world, no point in living anymore......

5. Acceptance: You know what, this might not be so bad, and if it is maybe Bendis will get hit by a bus.....

Hahaha. Good post.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#184  Edited By ReVamp

@John Valentine said:

@BlackArmor said:

5 stages of grief. The Bendis takes over your favorite Marvel book version.

1. Denial: Oh god no, maybe.....maybe bleeding cool made a mistake, yeah, they must have gotten this wrong, there's no way this is happening UXM is Marvels best book no way they would change writers with that going on......right?

2. Anger: F*ck Marvel, they can all go to hell they can go to hell and they can die, If I ever run into someone working at Marvel, woo boy they better run as fast as Quick Silver or that sonnuva ***** is dead. Gonna burn all my Marvel books, gonna burn down the Marvel headquarters. F*ck Marvel

3. Bargaining: Marvel.....can you hear me? it's me BlackArmor, listen I know we don't get along but if you keep Bendis away from UXM, I promise I'll drop all....some of my DC books and by 10 of yours.

4. Depression: Gonna, kill myself, there's no good in the world, no point in living anymore......

5. Acceptance: You know what, this might not be so bad, and if it is maybe Bendis will get hit by a bus.....

Hahaha. Good post.

LOL. This is awesome.

EmeraldKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#185  Edited By EmeraldKnight

F*cking terrible news. Please Bendis, at least let Uncanny X-Force alone!

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#186  Edited By jrock85

Has this been confirmed, or is it just a rumor?

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By jubilee042

No No please God no For the love of the X-verse and humanity No Plz let this be a bad dream(or wrong info) plz keep him at the ultimate universe

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hydrabob said:

@Billy Batson said:

Nerd rage!
    BB

Hell hath no higher fury.

LOL
    Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
    Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress said:

Not gonna lie...I nearly cried.

LOL XD
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By John Valentine
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#191  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    in the same way that he writes Avengers and New Avengers now."
    Well the X-Men are going to suck for the next 10 years...

@Billy Batson said:

And next: Fraction starts writing the avengers after Bendis ;D
    BB

To be honest, I actually like Fraction's writing and would rather have him on the Avengers than Bendis.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By ReVamp

@War Killer said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Untrue. What's going to happen is that the X-Men are going to have a new and different "shine", which some people will like and moderate/mediocre writing. Eventually, after two or so years, its going to become the worst thing ever and it will take Marvel a decade to put the man writing something else.

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ehh Marvel why have you have screwed over us X-Fans yet again!! V_V

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#194  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I just don't get it, can't Marvel see that people DON'T like Bendis ?

P.S I'm calling it now, either she's going to leave the X-Men or she's just plain dead given the DASDSADASGFSGFDGDFGD that happened in Avengers #21. (If the latter happens, well, Bendis will most certainly be pulled out of the business, for a very long while...)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @ReVamp said:

@War Killer said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Untrue. What's going to happen is that the X-Men are going to have a new and different "shine", which some people will like and moderate/mediocre writing. Eventually, after two or so years, its going to become the worst thing ever and it will take Marvel a decade to put the man writing something else.

Okay, so the X-Men are going to be awesome for the first...what, 2 years? And THEN the X-Men will suck for the next 8 years... :P

Either way, after everything he's done with the Avengers I can understand why people are freaking out about it.
    Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgeofHurricane said:

I just don't get it, can't Marvel see that people DON'T like Bendis ?

And Greg Land >.>

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ReVamp

@War Killer said:

@ReVamp said:

@War Killer said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Okay, so the X-Men are going to be awesome for the first...what, 2 years? And THEN the X-Men will suck for the next 8 years... :P Either way, after everything he's done with the Avengers I can understand why people are freaking out about it.

Yes. Though you are giving him a bit too much credit when you say "awesome" but that's the sentiment I was trying to convey.

And I'm sorry, but current Avengers /New Avengers is absolutely horrible.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#198  Edited By Billy Batson

@War Killer said:

@Billy Batson said:

And next: Fraction starts writing the avengers after Bendis ;D
    BB

To be honest, I actually like Fraction's writing and would rather have him on the Avengers than Bendis.

BB

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @ReVamp said:

@War Killer said:

@ReVamp said:

@War Killer said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Okay, so the X-Men are going to be awesome for the first...what, 2 years? And THEN the X-Men will suck for the next 8 years... :P Either way, after everything he's done with the Avengers I can understand why people are freaking out about it.

Yes. Though you are giving him a bit too much credit when you say "awesome" but that's the sentiment I was trying to convey.

And I'm sorry, but current Avengers /New Avengers is absolutely horrible.

Fine, we'll go with "cool" then, does that work? :P

I enjoyed his first run on New Avengers and managed to put up with some of his out-of-character writing, but his current run on The Avengers was were I drew the line and haven't read an Avengers title since. I would love Slott to take over the Avengers, but I honestly wouldn't mind Fraction taking over as I actually enjoy his writing. I always thought his run on Iron Man was great and though a lot of people give him crap for Fear Itself, I've never found myself hating his writing like I have with Bendis. But then again, that's just me. =/
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Billy Batson: I know, I know...I'll go to my corner of shame xP

But you have to admit that, out of the two, Fraction would be the better choice. (...Right, guys? Hello? <__<)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.