Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Bendis most recent interview

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Lame.

Lol. Sorry. It's alright - I still don't know how I feel about all of this.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rickbarry

Well. At least I know I'm not buying All New X-men or Wolverine and the X-men since they'll be working hand in hand with the five dopplegangers.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By davelecave

@time said:

Jean Grey doesn't have her powers.

Did you read the interview? Because that's not what it says.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By lorex

At least he has got her powers correct for her age, she started out as a telekenetic and developed telepathic abilities as she aged.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane

A couple of things:

- It was speculated that Bendis would drive a couple of his 'pet' characters to the forefront of this title excluding the O5, and with Kitty Pryde, it has begun. Another reason why this whole idea is a load of crap, Storm is Jean's best friend, not Kitty.

- There is nothing unique or w.e about having a telepathic/telekinetic power set. That is the most conventional mutant power out there right now, regardless of if Jean's the only one who can make it work.

Also, "No X-Man has suffered more hardship than the original Marvel Girl" lol, excuse me ?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: I can think of other X-folk that have suffered more than Jean. Bendis annoys me on so many levels, but you're right he's playing favorites. Let him do his little thing. I don't think it's going to work mainly because there are only two people in this title that I can remotely stand and I doubt Storm or Rachel will be getting a great deal of panel time. The O5 mutants, excluding Cyclops over the past few years, have always bored me to tears. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Booo, Bendis. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tahmidk

nooooooooo i really liked the preview for all new x men as well :(

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9  Edited By McKlayn

I like the Original 5 well enough, and I am not that familar with Bendis ( i only really read X titles and i am pretty sure hes an avengers guy?) but i plan to give it a chance at least, if for no other reason then to see what Cyclops is up to in the title

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @AgeofHurricane said:

A couple of things:

- It was speculated that Bendis would drive a couple of his 'pet' characters to the forefront of this title excluding the O5, and with Kitty Pryde, it has begun. Another reason why this whole idea is a load of crap, Storm is Jean's best friend, not Kitty.

- There is nothing unique or w.e about having a telepathic/telekinetic power set. That is the most conventional mutant power out there right now, regardless of if Jean's the only one who can make it work.

Also, "No X-Man has suffered more hardship than the original Marvel Girl" lol, excuse me ?

If Kitty is meant to be a good friend with Jean Grey, then it makes me wonder what will become of Storm in this title.
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:
    If Kitty is meant to be a good friend with Jean Grey, then it makes me wonder what will become of Storm in this title.

kitty doesnt like emma frost and im guessing neither does teen jean.....this is confusing

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Veitha

Oh, yeah... her powers are unique... go and tell this to Psylocke, Exodus, Moondragon, Rachel Grey, Selene, Legion, Cable, X-Man, Quentin Quire, Stryfe and only-God-knows who else.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

LOL he called Magneto Hitler :3
    BB

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry: Considering we've all been graced with the unlettered Immonen previews, of which, feature Ororo heavily, i doubt she'll be rendered background for the first issue art as opposed to someone who's there because their boyfriend is.

And, uh, Rachel hasn't been mentioned for this title, unless you're talking about the 'New Mutant' that was 'pearing in the back.

But yes, i do expect Ororo to fall into the deep after issue 1 has come and gone.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: It all takes place at the JGS, right? I know Rachel is teaching there, but she's mysteriously absent from previews. The title is going to have quite a roster and if he's playing favorites with the O5, Kitty and Logan I don't see there being a lot of meat on the bone for anyone else.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Rickbarry: Not that we were expecting anyone other than the people you listed to get panel time (and possible some of the E-Team minus Colossus), were we, Rick ?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rabbitearsblog: @Rickbarry:

Jean Grey is a beloved character but emma frost on the other hand who likes her ??? stepford cuckoos because their her "daughters", Scott because hes her "boyfriend", kitty pryde at the start they hated each other but after they try to get along and Rachel only because rachel didnt want to lose her father scott

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

@AgeofHurricane: I went ahead and just assumed that everyone Team Blue would be relegated to smaller roles in this book. Marvel has been trolling Utopia through others books for a year.

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I love Emma Frost for one, but there are plenty of characters that would call her friend.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

Jean Grey is a beloved character but emma frost on the other hand who likes her ??? stepford cuckoos because their her "daughters", Scott because hes her "boyfriend", kitty pryde at the start they hated each other but after they try to get along and Rachel only because rachel didnt want to lose her father scott

A lot of people like actually like Emma Frost. Beast for one, Cyclops, Hellion, Xavier, Magneto, Namor, Magik, Danger the list goes on. Don't say a statement if you have no evidence to back up it up. Just because you're a Jean Grey fan doesn't mean you need to bash on Emma Frost every chance you get. They're two very different characters that were leading X-Ladies in different periods of time.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IllyanaRasputin said:

A lot of people like actually like Emma Frost. Beast for one, Cyclops, Hellion, Xavier, Magneto, Namor, Magik, Danger the list goes on. Don't say a statement if you have no evidence to back up it up. Just because you're a Jean Grey fan doesn't mean you need to bash on Emma Frost every chance you get. They're two very different characters that were leading X-Ladies in different periods of time.

oh and jean saved the universe a view times unlike emma who slept her way to the top with shaw, namor, stark and scott

i think emma made scott go dark phoenix when she mock him that he was losing to the avengers...she turned him into a criminal just like she was

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@IllyanaRasputin said:

oh and jean saved the universe a view times unlike emma who slept her way to the top with shaw, namor, stark and scott

i think emma made scott go dark phoenix when she mock him that he was losing to the avengers...she turned him into a criminal just like she was

Jean also destroyed an entire planet and killed many innocent lives. Emma helped save the world more than a few times. Sorry that Emma is sexually liberating? I don't know what you want me to say to that... Emma didn't make Scott go Dark Phoenix - the Phoenix made Scott go Dark Phoenix. Again, I really don't get where you're going at with this. Emma has slept around like many people - sorry she wasn't a Jean Grey who only had Cyclops and occasionally kissed Wolverine here or there.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IllyanaRasputin:

I Am Fire Made Flesh, Power Reincarnated!!! I Am--Dark Phoenix

No Caption Provided

and that planet that got destroyed was a built in obsolete....evolution dead end....the phoenix burns away what doesnt work and erased the scarlet witch's spell

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.