Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Bendis Announces Departure from X-Men and Makes Exclusive Agreement With Marvel [UPDATE]

• 135 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I fear for the X-titles now that Bendis is leaving; if Uncanny and All-New descend to the same level of mediocre that X-Men and Amazing have then I'm out

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By adamTRMM

@mickeymayhew said:

I fear for the X-titles now that Bendis is leaving; if Uncanny and All-New descend to the same level of mediocre that X-Men and Amazing have then I'm out

They couldn't be more mediocre then they already are. But yeah, I agree, at least with Bendis we knew what kind of mediocrity we should expect.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Seriously, can someone explain to me the Bendis hate? He is without doubt in my opinion the best Writer Marvel have at the moment? Why is no one complaining about Hickman constantly? I was his biggest fan even pre-Fantastic Four but he has literally written the exact same stories since then but with different 'characters'.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoddguts said:

The one's I felt really bad for is GotG fans, boy that book is horrid.

Well, its bad for those of us who have read the previous DnA run(s) and solo titles for the characters...

It's probably fine for those who've only seen the movie or never got much interest with the 2006-2010 cosmic Marvel.

In defence of Bendis I can say that his run has been entertaining with some great highlights but as a detriment it's also inconsistent with established characterisation and history and often felt episodic, like an -80's action drama shows, way too often.

There, those are my gripes with Bendis' GOTG-run.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why do people constantly ask for an explanation as to why Bendis isn't the greatest to ever pick up a pen, when they really don't want to listen?!!! Valid reasons are given all the time but blind fans just want to ignore them and ask the same questions over and over again. Then when you reverse the question and ask what's so great about you stuff about how he changes things and doesn't keep things the same. Just because somebody is always talking about and trying to change things doesn't make it good. Different is not always better. If you want reasons as to why some dislike some things about Bendis' run on Xmen go read. There are plenty of post about it. And by the way its not personal, some people have expressed dislike for Claremont and Whedon and Morrison. People have a right to an opinion and people have different taste. No need for the Bendis fanclub to get all bent out of shape

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I will happily listen to people's views on why they dislike Bendis, but I will also challenge them if I disagree. Change is not always good for changes sake, I completely agree. But the X-men have needed an actual change so badly in the last few years. The comics have been crying out for direction.

All new X-men essentially became a way to observe the entirety of the marvel universe (s) through a lens that allowed continuity to be explained and status quos to be laid out. As well as this we got to see how the characters have developed and how they have changed over the years.

Uncanny X-men was about the consequences of living the life that being a mutant would actually entail. When one person is willing to do anything and everything to save his people.

What's great about Bendis is that his characters talk and act like real people. When I read Hickman/Remender and most others Bar Maybe Fraction at his best I don't feel like I am reading about genuine humans. People don't like the slow pace of Bendis' stories whereas I feel they are essential. I don't care about an action scene for the sake of an action scene, but if I believe in the motivations, the whys and wherefores of an ideological clash then I care about the fight. Whenever Beats and Cyclops are on the page together it is literally electric and that's what I want to read.

I'd rather a character die after having an arc where they get to exhibit why they are a unique, strong, definable person as opposed to having a static, unchanging landscape for years.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

@hawk2916: I will happily listen to people's views on why they dislike Bendis, but I will also challenge them if I disagree. Change is not always good for changes sake, I completely agree. But the X-men have needed an actual change so badly in the last few years. The comics have been crying out for direction.

All new X-men essentially became a way to observe the entirety of the marvel universe (s) through a lens that allowed continuity to be explained and status quos to be laid out. As well as this we got to see how the characters have developed and how they have changed over the years.

Uncanny X-men was about the consequences of living the life that being a mutant would actually entail. When one person is willing to do anything and everything to save his people.

What's great about Bendis is that his characters talk and act like real people. When I read Hickman/Remender and most others Bar Maybe Fraction at his best I don't feel like I am reading about genuine humans. People don't like the slow pace of Bendis' stories whereas I feel they are essential. I don't care about an action scene for the sake of an action scene, but if I believe in the motivations, the whys and wherefores of an ideological clash then I care about the fight. Whenever Beats and Cyclops are on the page together it is literally electric and that's what I want to read.

I'd rather a character die after having an arc where they get to exhibit why they are a unique, strong, definable person as opposed to having a static, unchanging landscape for years.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Bendis' problem without even realizing it. Bendis is OBSESSED with having his characters act and talk like regular people. The problem is that regular people don't do a whole lot and tend to be pretty boring, like his Uncanny run. Every one of Bendis' stories is multiple issues of random dialogue followed by a need to wrap a story up so that it doesn't interfere with whatever big event he's helped plan. This current story in Uncanny should have been about four issues, instead it feels like its been going on for the better part of a year. Bendis is NOT Taratino and he needs to quit trying to write as if he is. His Ultimate Spiderman run was good but that was the height of his writing and X-men has been his low.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some may have liked the idea of a sentinel attack being dragged out to 20 issues, issues that where barely different from the last in terms of overall plot with readers learning nothing new, there where 3 or 4 issues ended with the same mysterious figure and then how many issues ended with us about to learn what was in that damn will, not many writers have the balls to be that intentionally repetitive.

Personally I don't like that but some may.

IndianaBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! His meandering plot lines lead me to quit the X-books he was on.

Since he loves to use time travel as a workaround, I suggest sending the lame new mutants into the distant future and the O5 back where,they belong

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See if the characters are not acting and sounding like real people then what's the point? If you can't ground your characters and build suspense that way then everything else is meaningless. The ONLY reason people say that the current arc is too long is because of the incessant need of Marvel to have a million other events happen around it, otherwise the end would not have been spoiled and we would be able to enjoy the thrills and shocks as they happen without knowing the end result. I read trades and the stories are the perfect length.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar: You obviously have not read much X-Men outside of Bendis' stuff. I say this because everything you have said about those titles are false.

Read my prior post about how Uncanny was utterly pointless and had absolutely nothing to do with revolution and betting the mutant race's place in civilization using facts rather than opinion.

As far as All New, there is ZERO continuity in that book. As @cattlebattle has pointed out before, even the "issue" where the O5 are plucked from never actually happened in the time line that he states. Even more so, there is staggering evidence as to why the "O5" is not the actual 616 O5. Too much to explain while on the train, but I can give you solid evidence when I get home after work.

Also, Bendis is not the only person to write characters as people would talk. You should really read Yost/Kyle's run on New X-Men, or his current run on Amazing. Or maybe checkout David's ANXF that got cancelled.

As far as to "what is the point if they don't sound like real people?" You are in no position to judge that. There is plenty of people, like myself at times, that does not really care about real life; which is why we are reading comics in the first place.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By adamTRMM

@chapmar:

But the X-men have needed an actual change so badly in the last few years. The comics have been crying out for direction.

Really? I thought their world was already upside down, from HoM to the end of AvX. The DIDN'T need change and ANXM isn't a direction. It's a silly concept that somehow managed to work for some, but those some are not the definitive majority. It should've actually been expected that something like this couldn't work for everybody.

All new X-men essentially became a way to observe the entirety of the marvel universe (s) through a lens that allowed continuity to be explained and status quos to be laid out.

And what about introducing new ideas in mutant metaphor for modern reader? What about dealing with new status quo post mutant gene revival? Were X-men are placed within this new changing Earth? Why Cyclops' every second move is to pop up at JGC? Why Dark Beast hates Summers? Why new overpowered mutie that X-men can't deal with when they already faced MANY of them in the past? Why not anything that is "omg! Xavier and Mystique!" omg! it's teen jean!!!" "omg! jean is now xorn!!!" "omg! Xavique have a boy!!!" silly? Where is anything that is unique and imaginative? Oh sorry, o5 in the present was so groundbreaking and creative.

As well as this we got to see how the characters have developed and how they have changed over the years.

Right because every character development that is worth following ends up retconned and restored back to status quo? All because Cyclops has become imperfect, yet tenfold the character most of the comics even dream to develop. Why anything that is thought provoking has to be challenged or undone?

Was it? I thought they were to busy dealing with people who apparently hate them, or with their farfetched feuds. Generation Hope was much more about being a mutant in one issue that this whole book was in 20.

What's great about Bendis is that his characters talk and act like real people.

Yeah... remember that dialogue between Emma and Scott over AvX issues? I'm not sure what real people talk this way over issues so f@cked up.

Now you messed my mind... this is exactly EVERYTHING that wasn't Uncanny.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar: Everything you mentioned in your description of Uncanny and All New sounds good but that's not what has actually happened. ANX is basically the O5 taking a tour around the current landscape including the Ultimate to play with Ultimate Spiderman which just happens to be Bendis' bread and butter. The ridiculous AOU time travel thing included Bendis relies on gimmicks instead of real writing. Concepts should make some sense but even the existence of the O5 in All New is a weak and shoddy premise that has been executed poorly. Maybe he should have just left that idea alone considering that it wasn't his in the 1st place.

I have certain writers I think are great but I think I can also be objective in that if they put something out that is mediocre they deserve criticism. I haven't seen many Bendis fans who can be objective or can listen to criticism and take it that what is being said could have some truth. They just defend and dodge religiously. If you are an objective Bendis fan then you are the first I've come across. And while I agree that change can be needed at times as you said just do it for changes sake is not necessary but that's what he does. He's more concerned with leaving his mark on a franchise and changing things so we can say "Bendis changed that" as opposed to just being concerned with writing good and cohesive stories. It like he tries to lob a whole bunch of different things out there hoping that something sticks. And I disagree about the pacing and dialogue. Its not all about action but do you really call 2 pages with a total of ten words great real life dialogue? Come on. Like someone else said this current Xaviers Will arc has been dragging and dragging. The same amount of material, action, dialogue and all could have been accomplished in 4 issues. There's so much unnecessary and useless things just taking up space.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic book fans can be such ungrateful SOBs. Bendis did tremendous work for Marvel over the years. His Ultimate Spider-Man run is frigging LEGENDARY. I hate it so much that suddenly people start to make it a trend to hate on formerly beloved comic book writers. I witnessed the same thing with Geoff Johns, Todd McFarlane or recently Mark Millar. It sickens me how easily and fast people forget the amazing things these men have done.

This.

And what make you people think that the next writer is going to be some miracle for the X Men? If I was ya I should be concerned about who's going to be the next writer. I think Bendis should earned the respect like any other writers that work in the comic industry. He's not a bad writer. But I'm sure ya will be following him in the next book.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By TheBlackHood

@snurks said:

@canarylover said:

comic book fans can be such ungrateful SOBs. Bendis did tremendous work for Marvel over the years. His Ultimate Spider-Man run is frigging LEGENDARY. I hate it so much that suddenly people start to make it a trend to hate on formerly beloved comic book writers. I witnessed the same thing with Geoff Johns, Todd McFarlane or recently Mark Millar. It sickens me how easily and fast people forget the amazing things these men have done.

This.

And what make you people think that the next writer is going to be some miracle for the X Men? If I was ya I should be concerned about who's going to be the next writer. I think Bendis should earned the respect like any other writers that work in the comic industry. He's not a bad writer. But I'm sure ya will be following him in the next book.

I love the use of the term "Ungrateful SOBs" as if Bendis came down from mount Olympus and wrote these stories for free. He did not. His job was to write compelling stories and sell books. You liking Bendis' and his writing is no more valid an opinion than some of us thinking his X-men writing has been hack at best. Sure the next writer on Uncanny might not be a godsend, but it would be difficult to be worse than meandering through 20-30 issues of Uncanny where almost NOTHING HAPPENED.

I also take huge issue with this idea that once someone creates something good that every other project has to be worshiped because of their previous work. People do the same thing with Whedon. He has never reached the heights that he did with Buffy or Firefly, but you would never know that from his legions of sycophants.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snurks: Who said he was a bad writer? Just because there are things he does that some don't doesn't mean he's not respected. I'm an xmen fan and at least my conspiracy-torture complex about the xmen being cancelled by Marvel was assuaged with him as the writer. I'm absolutely concerned about who will be the next writer and why he is leaving so abruptly especially with Secret Wars coming. Hell maybe he saw what would happen and wants no part of it. I'm still excited to see who is next and what direction they take. I honestly that Bendis is better with a solo title. He'd probably be awesome as a writer for Spiderman (616 Peter Parker) or Luke Cage or Dr.Strange. I actually think he could make the Fantastic Four a big deal again especially working with a smaller family cast as opposed to Xmen. In my honest opinion I just felt that Bendis was given Xmen not that he wanted it. I think he was just a bit past his prime with the x-franchise and was basically getting a little tired and was more focused on his other stuff like "Powers" and was spread a bit thin. Right after House of M, I think would have been the time for him to have been on Xmen. So no I don't hate the guy I just don't think he was right for the Xmen at this present time. I kinda feel the same when people talk about bringing back Claremont

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By UHypocrite

What a bunch of hypocrites. For many years people complaining about Bendis. For many years people criticizing his books. For many years peeling off his skins. And for many years people supporting books that was written under his pen. If you don't like Bendis, why the hell buy all his book so then criticize the poor guy? It is because he was more in favor to Scarlet Witch during Avengers and AVX? I'm sure that's one of the case.

If you know who is Bendis, why support his book? Because you like XM? Well I'm sure if I was ya I would have skipped the whole years of Bendis's book and focused on many other out there if you think was better than Bendis, beside ya made him famous. Now he's leaving... so now no one hates him. Oh please people Your plaster saint is right there.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Snurks

@snurks said:

@canarylover said:

This.

I love the use of the term "Ungrateful SOBs" as if Bendis came down from mount Olympus and wrote these stories for free. He did not. His job was to write compelling stories and sell books. You liking Bendis' and his writing is no more valid an opinion than some of us thinking his X-men writing has been hack at best. Sure the next writer on Uncanny might not be a godsend, but it would be difficult to be worse than meandering through 20-30 issues of Uncanny where almost NOTHING HAPPENED.

I know him leaving is going to make a lot of people happy, but I'm not really one of them. His run has been the first time in years I've enjoyed the X-Men on a regular basis. Bit of a shame to see him go. I do hope Bendis gets promoted. I genuinely believe the man has good ideas.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@beholdthevison said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@dotwilson said:

This bendis hate makes no sense to me. I really like this run. infact some of the characters he created are the best X characters in years. i'm really upset about this announcement.

I think its mostly the way he handled Cyclops and Emma Frost, who were constantly OoC.

I always hated Scott and Emma anyway.

But I've primarily read All-New as opposed to Uncanny. I like Kitty Pryde (who I think made an OoC decision to leave the Jean Grey school, but I heard that was a Jason Aaron idea, not so much Bendis') and the original five. Idunno, I think he was good for the X-family.

Oh well, than I guess you don't have a reason to be upset. But as a fan of them, it was despressing. (UXM) ANXM was a treat!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: and what would you say to those that have stopped reading because of him? I don't think its hypocritical to say that he's not a terrible writer but just not the right guy for xmen. I think any reasonable person can recognize that there is a measure of talent there and acknowledging it is actually the adult thing to do. However just because he did some things right does that mean he's perfect? And if it some issues are pointed out is what people say wrong just because its Bendis? Is it that just because some may buy his books and then have criticisms about the developments, is that what makes them a hypocrite?

I really can't understand the butthurt being expressed here over this guy. A lot of fans liked him but a lot of fans wanted him off the x-books and now he's chosen to leave. For his fans you were able to enjoy a few years with him as the xmen writer and in a few months those that dislike his style won't have to worry about him anymore. That's life ups and downs. But this is an xmen forum so we should be talking xmen. The Bendis love forum is not here but his diehard defenders might want to go create one. Otherwise if you call yourself an Xmen fan but cry that you are leaving when Bendis goes, then maybe you are more a fan of the writer as opposed to the xmen. We certainly don't need anymore fickle fans that go where the wind takes them. That's part of the problem with some of the modern day comics, they want to appeal to a newer audience when that audience hardly picks up a physical book to read and would rather get their knowledge from movies and Facebook, tumblr and twitter. These same newer fans have the attention span of a gnat then when the book doesn't do great the industry wonders why

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By UHypocrite

@hawk2916: My point was, if you hate a writer (not referring you, because many people do) why buy if you know it ain't going to be satisfying? But buying it and knowing is not satisfying, so then criticizing the book? That's more of a hypocritical. Bendis has been hated by many (and we know that). Well, pretty much you can see how many people here are celebrating. And one thing about writers... they write a story the way Marvel/Disney want them to. See, right now Remender is not the one behind the twins retcons. Let me make an example... If Marvel/Disney want the writer to write Cyclops as a douchebag, that's what they have to write about. Coming up with a story to make him look like a douchebaggery (now this is only an example of how Marvel/Disney comic industry work) don't take it in personal. But Bendis's being in the industry for many years to say "oh he sucks" "He don't know how to write the xm team well" "Oh he need to leave" "Oh can't wait for him to retire" but yet, behind doors buying all the books he ever wrote and making him famous. I mean, if you really like the book, but you denied it because a lot of people here are commenting the opposite of your opinion. So what they do, they avoid the deviance. I don't have a problem with people not liking him for some reason because not everyone feel the same way. But I can guarantee you that this quandary will continue with the next writer. I can hear many people saying "oh I'm not gonna buy the UA, written by Remender, because of the retcon" but STILL people buy it. that's what make you a hypocrite. Be grateful that Bendis was the only one who did something with the xm because I don't think Marvel is planning to continue with the XM any longer as we know it. After the FF films goes on screen, things are going to escalate and is not even funny with what is happening between them.

Like I said, the criticizing been going on for too long, but yet making him famous. if I tell someone "I don't like the F&%^ing writer" I won't bother buying it. Not even for my collection. Fortunately, I own most of his books and I think they're all great. He's an excellent writer despite how many people look at it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uhypocrite: Yeah I hear you and I agree, you shouldnt support something you hate. Just wanted to get your explanation of what you felt was hypocritical. For the record he's not my favorite X-writer. Do I like him on the x-books? No. I dont think he fits. Are there some decent things about his run? Yeah. I mean I've been saying that this whole time period for Xmen is not a good time for fans and Bendis is sort of the best of the worst. But again thats my opinion. And while I support the Xmen, if there is a writer that I hate that comes along like say Jason Aaron, I boycott for sure.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a bunch of hypocrites. For many years people complaining about Bendis. For many years people criticizing his books. For many years peeling off his skins. And for many years people supporting books that was written under his pen. If you don't like Bendis, why the hell buy all his book so then criticize the poor guy? It is because he was more in favor to Scarlet Witch during Avengers and AVX? I'm sure that's one of the case.

If you know who is Bendis, why support his book? Because you like XM? Well I'm sure if I was ya I would have skipped the whole years of Bendis's book and focused on many other out there if you think was better than Bendis, beside ya made him famous. Now he's leaving... so now no one hates him. Oh please people Your plaster saint is right there.

I didn't buy the books while he wrote on a consistent basis. I tried a few issues, but couldn't stick with him. And as I've said in multiple other threads, I spent most of the few years looking at independent titles, despite having grown up as a Marvel fan. I vote with my money, and have said for a long while now that I'm not buying what he was selling.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has some good writers that have done amazing work. Most notably for me were Hickman's run on FF and Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force. While Bendis' run on UXM and ANXM was not terrible, i wldnt consider them instant classics. That being said, he's still got a couple of issues left to wrap things up and i guess his run should be judged once its over. I have to say though, i was skeptical about the premise of ANXM, but it grew on me. In fact, both UXM and ANXM started well for me. Sure there were things that had me concerned, but i was also interested to see where it would lead. i don't know how much of what he had planned was derailed by all the big Marvel events, but i feel his run hasn't yet lived up to the promising start of the new status quo he established. Again, i feel we can't judge it completely until #600 is out.

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lcazt1996 said:

@beholdthevison said:

@lcazt1996 said:

@dotwilson said:

This bendis hate makes no sense to me. I really like this run. infact some of the characters he created are the best X characters in years. i'm really upset about this announcement.

I think its mostly the way he handled Cyclops and Emma Frost, who were constantly OoC.

I always hated Scott and Emma anyway.

But I've primarily read All-New as opposed to Uncanny. I like Kitty Pryde (who I think made an OoC decision to leave the Jean Grey school, but I heard that was a Jason Aaron idea, not so much Bendis') and the original five. Idunno, I think he was good for the X-family.

Oh well, than I guess you don't have a reason to be upset. But as a fan of them, it was despressing. (UXM) ANXM was a treat!

Yeah but I can see how fans of the characters could dislike how they were treated between AvX and UXM.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By EC2277
    @indianabones said:

Finally! His meandering plot lines lead me to quit the X-books he was on.

Since he loves to use time travel as a workaround, I suggest sending the lame new mutants into the distant future and the O5 back where,they belong

No Caption Provided

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't think it will happen because Teen Jean is in the cover of Secret Wars 1 (she is at centre above Old Scott) and Alonso said, «One never knows for sure when it comes to Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force, but for now there are so many plans afoot with young Jean Grey that there might not be room for adult Jean!»

So I think the adventures of the Original 5 in the present aren't end.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By UHypocrite

@uhypocrite said:

I didn't buy the books while he wrote on a consistent basis. I tried a few issues, but couldn't stick with him. And as I've said in multiple other threads, I spent most of the few years looking at independent titles, despite having grown up as a Marvel fan. I vote with my money, and have said for a long while now that I'm not buying what he was selling.

I guess not everyone feel the same way.

homhorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: I think Young Jean is here to stay.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#133  Edited By OmegaHans

Bendis can go flush himself down a commode along with everything else he writes in the future. He further ruined the X-Men for many X-Men fans that were reading before he got on it. He left a long lasting stain on the Avengers for years and it has still not went away completely. Civil War was the beginning of the end of the Avengers and the start of the big events and over publicized story arc trends that Marvel has been pushing at us for more than a decade now; the ones that turn out to be mostly hype and full of failed ideas, convolutedness and abrupt endings. Such the sheer absurdities of that trash called AvX.

He's the company's biggest lauded-up overrated show pony with a well known name and marketed acclamations and that's why the comicbook mainstream circles kiss his behind. His total collection of work on Marvel other than his Daredevil run and perhaps some of GotG, is and always has been greatly exaggerated in its sensationalism, along with riding off the coattails of those works before him and during amongst other writers in Joe Q's days. Bendis had left nothing but an atmosphere of deterioration in the Marvel Earth. Only writers like Loeb and Austen are worse.

That makes me a jerk to his beloved fans btw, I don't care. I say what I feel regardless and I'm not going to sugarcoat what I think of him for everyone else, no apologies. My respect is low for Bendis and there have been other writers in Marvel who I think have been so much better than him, and get not even half of his puffed-up acclamations. Abnett and Giffen, Andy Lanning, Ed Brubaker, Chris Yost, Peter David, Joss Whedon, hell even Jonathan Hickman and I'm not a big Hickman fan, but he's starting to win me over.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegahans: Well said. Especially the Civil War stuff. It seems that since then, it's mostly heroes vs heroes and the heroes are all douchebags. I don't know if his idea is the destroy and rebuild but I'm not sure he accomplished that at all. I really think we would have been much more satisfied if Gillen had been allowed to continue and do the things he wanted. His ideas sounded much better in my opinion. Hell the best part of AVX was Consequences and I think he was just hitting his stride on that. I even think he had something up his sleeve for the New Xmen students and Hope which would have at least served to answer some stuff as opposed to the writer limbo that many characters went to in favor of some of the silly Bendis creations we got

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@hawk2916: I never liked the heroes vs. heroes story lines that has been going on lately. It seems to me that it doesn't matter who's writing these stories, it's possible that the idea about heroes vs. heroes has lost its appeal over the years.

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegahans: Totally agree about the stuff with the writers. Abnett, Lanning and Giffen pretty much MADE modern Marvel cosmic with Nova, GotG, Annihilation, etc. Who among them is still doing cosmic Marvel? None. Instead Marvel puts Bendis and Loeb on GotG and Nova, trying to capitalize on their popularity only to produce garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.