Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Beast to Join Inhumans post SW

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just announced:

No Caption Provided

Eight months will have passed between that monumental finale and the beginning of all Marvel’s reboots — about 60 titles in all will re-start with fresh No. 1s — and something “mysterious” will have transpired in that time between the mutants and the Inhumans. Whatever it is, it will have landed Hank McCoy on the side of the royal family (something we didn’t know before), as well as Johnny Storm (something we sort of did).

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Uuuuh

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh...can we at least get some resolution to his time travel plot before he goes? No? OK, then..

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haha this is just gold! Bravo Marvel, this time it's actually subtle.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'm actually pretty cool with it.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Sigh...can we at least get some resolution to his time travel plot before he goes? No? OK, then..

That maybe the reason he joins the Inhumans, perhaps we finally see the Trial of the Beast, I believe it was mentioned in an interview that there was going to be an "X-men Event* after Secret Wars, perhaps they final PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send the X-Brats home and Beast is exiled from the mutant community for his crime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

can't....control....X-men complex >:(

No Caption Provided

This is disgusting. Looks like we lost another X-Man to Marvel's ridiculous agenda. So we now have Kitty, Rogue, and Beast being used to boost the sales of a crappy book. Who's next? Storm re-marries Black Panther and joins the Avengers? Magik becomes Doctor Strange's pupil and stars in his solo? Nightcrawler joins the Guardians? pfft

How much you wanna bet they'll make Beast an inhuman?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: Lol i've been trying to get Beast brought up on charges since he told Hope to run from Scott and X-Men right after Cable died.

You learn to let it go...funny thing is that most X-Men fans are annoyed enough by him nowadays they probably won't care.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

No Caption Provided

This is disgusting. Looks like we lost another X-Man to Marvel's ridiculous agenda. So we now have Kitty, Rogue, and Beast being used to boost the sales of a crappy book. Who's next? Storm re-marries Black Panther and joins the Avengers? Magik becomes Doctor Strange's pupil and stars in his solo? Nightcrawler joins the Guardians? pfft

shhh, Marvel might hear you and like your ideas.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ramior

I don't know why you think is a problem then the x-men are with another heroes ?

At leats that prove then th "x-men on other planet" is bullshit.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Beast's one of my all-time favorite characters, but including him in an Inhumans book won't make me any more likely to buy it.

Also, are we sure that's Beast and not some new Inhuman character with a similar looking mutation?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast's one of my all-time favorite characters, but including him in an Inhumans book won't make me any more likely to buy it.

Also, are we sure that's Beast and not some new Inhuman character with a similar looking mutation?

That's what I am hoping for -__-...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Man I can't wait. I am so excited to see the storm that is coming. The fantastic four and x-men are getting turned into inhumans in some kind of round about way and it's going to be the best when it finally does happen and everyone explodes in a fit. :D

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i guess they are making another beast vs scott thing in the uncanny inhumans. also the inhumans need a smart guy on the tea, tony stark was buzy lol

QuaMonstarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When will marvel learn that it'll be more beneficial to show that they know how to handle the X-Men and Fantastic Four better than fox as opposed to spiteing them and pissing off the fans. Like make another awesome X-Men cartoon or Fantastic Four cartoon. I could understand if marvel had lost all creative rights to both franchises but it's just the movie rights and they're the ones who sold them to fox to stay afloat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Man I can't wait. I am so excited to see the storm that is coming. The fantastic four and x-men are getting turned into inhumans in some kind of round about way and it's going to be the best when it finally does happen and everyone explodes in a fit. :D

I've been sharpening my pitchfork.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @teerack said:

ill get the torches

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @teerack said:

ill get the torches

No Caption Provided

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mean to be that guy, but..

surely some of you have read either Secret Avengers (2010) or New Avengers (2013), yeah?

Beast was in multiple X-men books when both of those came out, so.. I don't see how him being in an Inhumans book need necessarily mean he won't still be in X-men stories..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mean to be that guy, but..

surely some of you have read either Secret Avengers (2010) or New Avengers (2013), yeah?

Beast was in multiple X-men books when both of those came out, so.. I don't see how him being in an Inhumans book need necessarily mean he won't still be in X-men stories..

I'm just having some fun ;)

Honestly, I think Beast could use some time away from the X-Men.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@sprior93 said:

ha, sure.

I mean, he quits all the time, but, y'know..

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the X-Men should join the Inhumans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

ha, sure.

Right, but like you said, he's still always in an X-Men book. Maybe this time he'll actually go away.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm dubbing the phrase "inmutant" before it becomes a thing for real in 8 months. :)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teerack

@oldnightcrawler said:
    @sprior93 said:

ha, sure.

I've associated Beast with the Avengers more then I do the X-Men because of how often he quits them. I kinda felt the same way about Angel to except as a Champion.... when Warren finally went back to being an X-Man they got him lobotomized I still resent the x-men for that a little. I miss the New Champions. xD

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kgb725

Beast is one of the few Mutants that actually interacts with other superheroes and villains that aren't his kind so I don't get why people are flipping out and he already has a relationship with BB

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Beast is one of the few Mutants that actually interacts with other superheroes and villains that aren't his kind so I don't get why people are flipping out and he already has a relationship with BB

If this was even remotely about the Inhumans getting Beast while they were still chilling on the moon, most people would write it off as "Beast is in SWORD, so duh". People would chalk it up to being like Ironman joining the GoTG. But the current status quo is leaning towards Inhumans infringing closer and closer on what was the X-Men's unique place in Marvel's U, and their traditional story elements.

I mean there's quite a large bit of "There out to get us!!!" paranoia among the X-Men fans, but considering most people believe that Marvel is ignoring the severe dip in quality among the X-Men books and that the only information we have on the X-Men's future (post-Secret Wars) is that one of the X-Men's characters is going to be co-staring in a series with a very familiar story arc....well its not surprising to see ppl flip out.

The only place you can really draw a line is whether or not you believe this is "the big proof that Marvel is trying to get rid of all of the X-Men".

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

The only place you can really draw a line is whether or not you believe this is "the big proof that Marvel is trying to get rid of all of the X-Men".

They aren't getting rid of them per se...that would be silly as there is always a huge contingent gullible people ready to buy anything with an X-Men logo on the cover for 5 dollars.

It is however pretty undeniable, at least I think at this point, that they are steadily diminishing the X-Mens relevance. They will never completely get rid of he X-Men if there is money to be made but there is no way we will get any more X-Men related merchandise or animated shows produced by Marvel until they likely once again have the movie rights. The worst case scenario is that they do what was done to the Fantastic Four where they disband the team and just have them affiliate with other teams in the Marvel U, but as I said before, X-fans will buy anything *cough X-Men 92 cough*.....so that likely won't happen.

As far as not believing how petty Marvel can get, look no further than t shirts they released recently that features the Secret Wars comic cover with certain characters replaced with characters who weren't present in the actual series. It's not really "paranoia" at this point, just a reality.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
    serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By serpinethegreen
    Avatar image for serpinethegreen
    serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

They aren't getting rid of them per se...that would be silly as there is always a huge contingent gullible people ready to buy anything with an X-Men logo on the cover for 5 dollars.

It is however pretty undeniable, at least I think at this point, that they are steadily diminishing the X-Mens relevance. They will never completely get rid of he X-Men if there is money to be made but there is no way we will get any more X-Men related merchandise or animated shows produced by Marvel until they likely once again have the movie rights. The worst case scenario is that they do what was done to the Fantastic Four where they disband the team and just have them affiliate with other teams in the Marvel U, but as I said before, X-fans will buy anything *cough X-Men 92 cough*.....so that likely won't happen.

As far as not believing how petty Marvel can get, look no further than t shirts they released recently that features the Secret Wars comic cover with certain characters replaced with characters who weren't present in the actual series. It's not really "paranoia" at this point, just a reality.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The thing is i don't think there is a definitive thing that can confirm that Marvel is actively doing this. I mean sure merchandise wise, they're trying to avoid putting out anything that could effect there deal with Fox in a positive way. But they still make some effort when it comes to the X-Men with things like Cyclops being the poster boy for Marvel Now, and the O5 being synonymous with anything they put "All New" on. All of that can really be debated with how much something matters or the timeframe that Marvel stopped giving credit to things...but really they haven't completely dropped them from everything and it doesn't seem all that different from Marvel books around the Civil War period where they had very little cross promotion with the X-Books.

I mean as symptoms of a bigger problem I could see those painting that picture....but at the same time the only way to really hurt the X-Men franchise is to have bad books. FF only really had one or 2 books to carry there brand name, so it's easy to overlook them regardless of quality, but to that point even without much promotion a solo book like "Hawkeye" can gain followers. X-Men has at least 4 books running at all times, and the recent decline only started because Wolverine and the X-Men turned into a joke that continued for 30 issues.

To me the X-Men are big enough that if they don't feature in the Marvel crossovers, and don't show up on the big line up posters it won't really hurt the fact that they have 4 titles and 2 solos and 2 satelite books. There large enough to sustain themselves just by taking up so much space in a comic store... But if out of all of those books only one is actually good over the course of 6 months...then the product isn't getting oversight and is only staying a float because...as you said, X-Men fans will buy anything *cough* Spider and the X-Men *cough*.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to argue your theory; I don't think you're right, but I can't say for sure you're not..

but as for this merchandising example as proof.. well, firstly, that t-shirt doesn't say Secret Wars, so that it has characters not from that story is of little relevance...

But, if it were just about removing characters that they don't have the movie rights to, why remove Captain Marvel from the center of the image? Surely they still have the rights to her. It looks more like they're using an homage to the classic imagery to highlight characters they do have plans to promote in other media more than anything. (-which makes the act that they left She-Hulk in there pretty interesting..)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

The thing is i don't think there is a definitive thing that can confirm that Marvel is actively doing this. I mean sure merchandise wise, they're trying to avoid putting out anything that could effect there deal with Fox in a positive way. But they still make some effort when it comes to the X-Men with things like Cyclops being the poster boy for Marvel Now, and the O5 being synonymous with anything they put "All New" on. All of that can really be debated with how much something matters or the timeframe that Marvel stopped giving credit to things...but really they haven't completely dropped them from everything and it doesn't seem all that different from Marvel books around the Civil War period where they had very little cross promotion with the X-Books.

I mean as symptoms of a bigger problem I could see those painting that picture....but at the same time the only way to really hurt the X-Men franchise is to have bad books. FF only really had one or 2 books to carry there brand name, so it's easy to overlook them regardless of quality, but to that point even without much promotion a solo book like "Hawkeye" can gain followers. X-Men has at least 4 books running at all times, and the recent decline only started because Wolverine and the X-Men turned into a joke that continued for 30 issues.

To me the X-Men are big enough that if they don't feature in the Marvel crossovers, and don't show up on the big line up posters it won't really hurt the fact that they have 4 titles and 2 solos and 2 satelite books. There large enough to sustain themselves just by taking up so much space in a comic store... But if out of all of those books only one is actually good over the course of 6 months...then the product isn't getting oversight and is only staying a float because...as you said, X-Men fans will buy anything *cough* Spider and the X-Men *cough*.

Well yeah. I didn't really say anything to debate this. They will promote and make X-men comics if their is money to be made but the X-Men used to be a primary selling point for Marvel, look no further than the several animated shows they made for the franchise. It's just that if the sales start to falter I don't think Marvel will go to the well for the franchise, they will just try to push the Inhumans or the Agents of SHIELD harder. Marvel isn't its own animal like it used to be, they are a subsidiary of Disney now and Disney probably thinks they are better represented by familiar characters you see in million dollar film franchises, Disney has very much literally built an empire off of that exact formula.

I'm not going to argue your theory; I don't think you're right, but I can't say for sure you're not..

but as for this merchandising example as proof.. well, firstly, that t-shirt doesn't say Secret Wars, so that it has characters not from that story is of little relevance...

But, if it were just about removing characters that they don't have the movie rights to, why remove Captain Marvel from the center of the image? Surely they still have the rights to her. It looks more like they're using an homage to the classic imagery to highlight characters they do have plans to promote in other media more than anything. (-which makes the act that they left She-Hulk in there pretty interesting..)

Eh, semantics. Characters like Wolverine and Storm have always been featured in Marvel promotional material, whether it be shirts or posters or whatever regardless of whatever promotion was going on.

I just want to make it clear to that I am not one of those people saying that Marvel is trying to get rid of the X-Men or anything crazy like that. If there is money to be made off of them they will still produce comics and they do evidently still stick an X-Man or two on promos for games or story lines. It's just that their role has been downsized and you won't be seeing them headline their own video game or any other kind of media pursuit.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

No Caption Provided

Shhh......your giving Marvel so cool sounding ideas.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:
    @sprior93 said:

ha, sure.

I've associated Beast with the Avengers more then I do the X-Men because of how often he quits them. I kinda felt the same way about Angel to except as a Champion.... when Warren finally went back to being an X-Man they got him lobotomized I still resent the x-men for that a little. I miss the New Champions. xD

Really.

Umm when did that happen?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lxlgiftedlxl: The end of Uncanny X-Force. Psylocke stabs Archangel with the life seed in order to purge him of his death aspect; however, his memory is wiped in the process.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: The Mouse is evil.... My only point was really that I think we're safe for now even if the merchandising, and marketing remain stagnant (nonexistent in some places). I mean we'll at least have books out when X-Men Apocalypse comes out which will grow the base..(and create a hundred more confused posters trying to read books about the movies) and even if it doesn't if the books just stay at where they are they'd still hold a very solid contribution to the Marvel line. It's just hard for me to see where things could get FF levels of bad without a vendetta against the X-Men product to make the only thing they have left bad....but then again, the Mouse is Evil.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:
    @oldnightcrawler said:
    @sprior93 said:

ha, sure.

Really.

Umm when did that happen?

When did he get lobotomized? In Remembers Uncanny X-Force.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

It's just hard for me to see where things could get FF levels of bad without a vendetta against the X-Men product to make the only thing they have left bad....but then again, the Mouse is Evil.

Marvel would never functionally torpedo the X-Mens popularity. However, if the books did see a decline in sale they would likely not hesitate to do what they did with the FF and just incorporate onto other teams. Kind of like what this person said....

@sprior93 said:

Who's next? Storm re-marries Black Panther and joins the Avengers? Magik becomes Doctor Strange's pupil and stars in his solo? Nightcrawler joins the Guardians? pfft

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: that "Nightcrawler joins the Guardians" idea is just a little to real for my taste...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@cattlebattle: that "Nightcrawler joins the Guardians" idea is just a little to real for my taste...

He was originally created to be part of a space-adventure team at DC comics. So, I suppose it would be full circle for him.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Circus performer, turned superhero, turned Catholic priest, turned demon spawn turned angel, turned souless imp, turned space elf.....Nope, even with all that crazy I refuse to send another X-Man into the space

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@lxlgiftedlxl: The end of Uncanny X-Force. Psylocke stabs Archangel with the life seed in order to purge him of his death aspect; however, his memory is wiped in the process.

Got it. Thanks for telling me.

Hulk1893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulk1893 said:

@earthsmightiest: hahah looks like those "X-Brats" are getting relaunched :p

That's alright, doesn't mean I have to buy it nor will I.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.