Beast or Dr. Nemesis

#1 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Which egg head do you guys prefer?

I was a big fan of Beast for years and was kind of annoyed of Dr. Nemesis for being so cocky.

But these days, I realize how entertaining it is to read Nemesis intellectually own someone with terms I've never seen anyone use before. He's got an insult for everyone! (makes me lol)

Now I prefer him over Beast. Don't get me wrong, Beast is great and I thought the X-Books would be missing a huge dynamic in the books, but Nemesis does more than his fair share filling our cup o' science. Anyone else with me?

Smoke and Blood

#2 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Nemesis, I always feel like Beast is about to get shot...I try not to get too attached.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat is the original gangster of "resident team smart guys", and has been a core character on every team. Dr. Nemesis can't even compare

#4 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Nemesis

#5 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10008 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both but Nemesis is my pick simply for his comedy ;-). He is always sarcastic and f^&*'s with everyone.
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast.  How can you not love a great scientific mind that you can cuddle up to in a sea of blue fur??

As for 'Nemesis', I'd rather hit him with the business end of a shovel.  His very presence among the X-Men annoys the hell out of me.

#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

After Beast deserted X-Men (only to join another secret team!) I vote for Dr. Nemesis.

#8 Edited by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both for they are great characters. Beast was amazing in the Animated series also.
#9 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Nemesis' recent interaction with Magneto about the magic bullet and Nazis was all kinds of awesome.

#10 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

not sure who checked out Wolverine #8 today but Nemesis was pure belly laughs again. Don't want to spoil it but there is actually a woman he likes (or does he?) and fans will love his description of a certain bullet he made.

Basically, love Beast but I agree with Kairan 1979 he left X-Men to join Secret Avengers. Beside's Nemesis has different characteristics which I enjoy more.

Next Battle:

Who is smarter of the two?!?

#11 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to like Beast, back during New X-Men, and especially in Astonishing. But ever since Fraction took over, Beast has just been a dick. By the end of it, I really didn't care that he left. Nemesis is cool though.

#12 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Nemesis.

Although he's been an X-Men staple, I only truly enjoyed Beast during Grant Morrison's New X-Men.
#13 Posted by Treason (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Nemesis is just the best, way better than that hairball

#14 Edited by Jake Fury (18129 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read some classic Beast this weekend (Mutant Genesis) and he was written beautifully. Extremely articulate, yet still willing to resort to fisticuffs.
#15 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
" I like both but Nemesis is my pick simply for his comedy ;-). He is always sarcastic and f^&*'s with everyone. "
#16 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

Beast.  How can you not love a great scientific mind that you can cuddle up to in a sea of blue fur??

As for 'Nemesis', I'd rather hit him with the business end of a shovel.  His very presence among the X-Men annoys the hell out of me.

"
I really quite like Nemesis. He's one of the best bits of Fraction's run, I feel.
That said, Beast is better X-Man, through and through.
#17 Posted by SC (12702 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is a Doctor too! But hey playa haters, gonna hate, you keep strollin' Beast, keep your chin up high, you may be a blueberry muffin, but when you get home you can have some lime green... 0_0

#18 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad to see Dr Nemesis gettin some respect.  Again no disrespect to Beast but Dr Nemesis is awesome, I love him in Generation Hope.
#19 Edited by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefilim927 said:

"So glad to see Dr Nemesis gettin some respect.  Again no disrespect to Beast but Dr Nemesis is awesome, I love him in Generation Hope. "

Yah glad to see there other Nemesis fans out there :) He is gold in every issue he's in. Or I should say every issue he's in is gold! Either way, love how he interacts with everyone. Our NEW favorite scientist/X-pessimist. Hope he sticks around for years to come.

PS

BTW guys who is the brainier of the two? And this may sound stupid but don't laugh or hate me for this:

What the hell do they mean exactly by "self-evolved intellect?" Is it actually evolving or is it just Nemesis' fancy way of saying he is smarter than everyone? lol

#20 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know that too! haha
#21 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

I love his interaction with the other X-Men. He reminds me of House in that he may not be the most likable individual but he can back up his talk with results.:) He isn't scared to challenge anyone both verbally or physically.

#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12525 posts) - - Show Bio

who the f*$& is doctor nemesis?!?
#23 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is the beast but Dr. Nemesis is a bamf. 

#24 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast FTW

#25 Posted by Argantyr (245 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I saw a guy who looked strangely like Dr. Nemesis, but of course he couldn't be the Same Dr. Nemesis. Again I was wrong, and it's good to see another Golden Age hero get some attention, personally I'd like to see Mark Todd (The Blazing Skull) and Dr. Nemesis team up at some point [Blazing Skull could use some attention non-ghost rider based].

Respect for Beast, however, Dr. Nemesis should have him in experience and badassery. Now to hunt down more issues with Dr. Nemesis in them.

#26 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't up for discussion. Beast 
/thread

#27 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you beast for bringing Dr. Nemesis to us! I would love Beast to return too!
#28 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Beast but Nemesis brings a whole new type of character to the X-Men. Plus Beast needs to chill out.
#29 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast, I'm a fan of the classics XD
#30 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991
Doctor Nemesis first appeared in Lightning Comics #6 (April 1941).
Beast first appeared in Uncanny] X-Men vol. 1 #1 (September 1963).
If you are fan of classics, you should vote for Doctor Nemesis.
#31 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I've known Beast too long to toss him off like an old avocado because some new white suit walks through the door,
but that doesn't mean I don't like Dr.Nemesis and won't be showing him around the broom closet later.

#32 Posted by Selina_Sublime (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I love Nemesis more.  Beast also made science-talk kind of burdensome whereas Dr. Nemesis makes it enjoyable.

13-6, Nemesis in favor to win! 

#33 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast.

#34 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio
@Selina_Sublime
I appreciate you keeping track of the score! :D Nice analysis.
#35 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast but it''s close. Got mad respect for Nemesis for helping Legion.
#36 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4361 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Nemesis!

#37 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Nemesis is awesome but the Beast has ages on him being with the X-men.

#38 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Like OP, I like Beast a lot, but Nemesis is pure awesomeness and bad-assery and as a super intelligent science man, this adds even more to his personality. I think I prefer him as a character. 

The scene with the litle kitty during blind science was epic (second comming sub-arc, he injected his own active cerebral fluid containing x-gene into the kitty so he would be identified as a mutant by the guards)  : 

Run kitty! Run!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.