Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Be honest - what's the WORST part about X-Men right now?

• 122 results
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @John Valentine said:
    " @Iron_Lad said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @Iron_Lad said:
    " Not enough Iceman. He's Omega-level right? Has he shown any Omega-level feats up to this point? None. Professor X relegated to being a minor side character that no one likes.Utopia - Please get off that rock. Claustrophobia starting to sink in.Not enough classic X-Men villains for the X-Men to fight. Where have they all gone?Astonishing X-Men is garbage now, they should cancel it. "
    Yes.
    See Carey's X-Men.

I agree with your last three points, though.
    "
    Are you talking about the Children of the Vault story-arc? That's one of my favorite X-Men stories! What I can remember from that arc was the fact that Iceman was able to reconstitute himself after being basically evaporated, not once but twice. Once by Northstar and Aurora and then again by Fuego. So is this what makes Iceman an Omega-level mutant? His immortality potential?  I'd be more impressed if Iceman could freeze the entire planet instead. "
    Not only that but he showed that he could reach absolute zero in mere seconds by thermal manipulation, he stopped a nuclear bomb explosion and Sunfire's powers by using the same principals in the same run. "
    Yeah, okay, but why would that be considered an "Omega-level feat"? It's Iceman, he has Ice-powers. Things like this should be expected from him.
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Jubilee the vampire

Where the hell is Chamber? 
    That being said, where the hell are a lot of the old mutants? Nate Grey is still M.I.A. after the Norman Osborn thing, Mimic has all but vanished. 
    Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#103  Edited By Bobby X

The writing and the artwork
    DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104  Edited By DarkChris

The re-introduction of Jubilee

Greg Land
    The characterization of Scott and his position as the ultimate leader of Utopia
    The lack of classic villains (in their real form) like Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Mystique etc.

celestial_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By celestial_man

alll the  x-men villains are either dead or reformed... i am sure i may spoil some plots
    Magneto reformed,   apocaypse  dead but get  ressurected eveyry 5 mins, sinister  dead, marauders either dead or  disbanded: sabertooth dead,  blobb depowered, jugernauts reformed and a member of the thunderbolts?  mystique  no seen her around since dark xmen :( same with dark beast.     Unus  Dead  ( bring back unus).   black  tom   MIA,   pyro dead,      Toad  and avalance reformed and hanging around utopia doing nothing. Emplate sucked into another dimention,   cassanova forgoten about may or may not be in armor /emma ? sentinels been oved used recently...    styfe dead....  exodus   disbanded his brotherhood !   shadowking  generally underused  and  been used as a z-list villain.  mikhall rasputin ?? mastermind dead   Sauron  MIA  Black Queen dead

does anyone else have  a problem with xavier been retconed to been a complete bastard and a sissy at the same time as he gets ordered aboutby cyclops all the time... or the fact that  all the xmen are in the same place  i liked it in the good old days post fall of the mutants with the  diferent xmen treams in different locations  australia, new york, westchester   and  excalibur in england =  purfect age of comics

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#106  Edited By Kairan1979

does anyone else have  a problem with xavier been retconed to been a complete bastard and a sissy at the same time as he gets ordered aboutby cyclops all the time...

After everything I've learned in Deadly Genesis? No.

or the fact that  all the xmen are in the same place  i liked it in the good old days post fall of the mutants with the  diferent xmen treams in different locations  australia, new york, westchester   and  excalibur in england

After the Decimation and multiple attacks on the survived mutants it makes more sense for the mutantkind to meet the threats together.
    piratequeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By piratequeenz

X-men used to be my favorite comic book verse. Now, it sucks, and I hate it. Why?

*I too hate the Emma and Cyclops thing.
    *Too many story arcs going on at once
    *Too many multi-verses now
    *Too many characters
    *Too hard to catch up with by now, and then keep up with
    *And I don't really care to catch up anymore either since every time I try to, I read something that pisses me off and I have to put it down.

All of this together=just plain sad.
    I do, however, still watch what ever animated shows they come out with, like Wolverine and the X-men, because then I can actually TELL WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. Also, the animated shows tend to stick with the classic characters, and more  classic kinds of story arcs. None of this making Nightcrawler a prejudiced jerk, or suddenly turning Peter gay just to appease "all audiences" or add new demographics or what ever. 
    piratequeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By piratequeenz
    @Fallout3fan23 said:
    " I hate Emma Frost I may be the one in the world to say that but just hate her as a character to me she's really uninteresting her fake boobs annoy me "
    Also, seconded. Although to be honest, I have a problem with ANY woman character (or woman in real life) who's all, "Ooooh, look at me, I'm so sexy, but also powerful. Blah blah blah, fake boobs and really I'm just a bitch to everyone." It's like the "female" version of pretentious, and it annoys me to no end. (though I'm probably not doing a good job of describing what I mean here, I'm pretty good at failing in that regard.)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#109  Edited By Mercy_
    @piratequeenz said:
    " @Fallout3fan23 said:
    " I hate Emma Frost I may be the one in the world to say that but just hate her as a character to me she's really uninteresting her fake boobs annoy me "
    Also, seconded. Although to be honest, I have a problem with ANY woman character (or woman in real life) who's all, "Ooooh, look at me, I'm so sexy, but also powerful. Blah blah blah, fake boobs and really I'm just a bitch to everyone." It's like the "female" version of pretentious, and it annoys me to no end. (though I'm probably not doing a good job of describing what I mean here, I'm pretty good at failing in that regard.) "
    Yeah..that's because Fraction does a really sh!tty job writing her. I LOVE Emma and even I can't stand how she's been written lately. 
    Ashra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Ashra
    @piratequeenz said:

" @Fallout3fan23 said:

Also, seconded. Although to be honest, I have a problem with ANY woman character (or woman in real life) who's all, "Ooooh, look at me, I'm so sexy, but also powerful. Blah blah blah, fake boobs and really I'm just a bitch to everyone." It's like the "female" version of pretentious, and it annoys me to no end. (though I'm probably not doing a good job of describing what I mean here, I'm pretty good at failing in that regard.) "
    Can't stand Emma; I'm glad it's not just me.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#111  Edited By jrock85
    @The Dark Huntress:
    Its funny that the people who dislike Emma say that Fraction is infatuated with her, and the people who like Emma say that they don't like his characterization of her. Some writers portray her as someone seeking redemption for past crimes, while others portray her as very narcissistic and not truly reformed. I think sometimes we as comic book geeks tend to dislike certain characters when what we really should dislike is a certain writers portrayal of that character.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Mercy_
    @jrock85: He's infatuated with Cyclops and it leads to him mis-characterizing her a lot. Out of all the runs I've read, Morrison, Whedon and Yost/Craig got her best. 

Yes. Exactly! Nail on the head right there. Of course, there are some characters that are made to be unlikeable, but Emma certainly isn't one of those. 
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jrock85
    @The Dark Huntress:
    I'm not certain that Chris Claremont ever intended for Emma to eventually become a hero because when she was first introduced, she was very malicious. This is why I think some people have a hard time excepting her as an X-Man. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Mercy_
    @jrock85 said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: I'm not certain that Chris Claremont ever intended for Emma to eventually become a hero because when she was first introduced, she was very malicious. This is why I think some people have a hard time excepting her as an X-Man.  "
    Despite what he intended her as, this is what she's been written as for the majority of her appearances. I understand why people may have been wary of her as a hero at first, but has she not proven herself time and time again? She's been written as a "hero" for how long now? She's proven time and time again that she is loyal to the X-Men, that she is loyal to Scott and that, despite some bad decisions, her students do come first.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    "Of course, there are some characters that are made to be unlikeable. "

Now there's a point I wish people understood more. It annoys me when people complain about how they "don't like" a certain character, when the entire purpose of that character is for you to not like them. Whether it's because they're a villain, or a d-bag ala Namor or Damian Wayne, the characters are entertaining because they're such absolute jerks. No, I wouldn't want to go and get coffee with Namor, but his character is still entertaining as hell. (Okay, this is mostly me ranting about all the Damian hate I see :P)

On topic, the X-Men... I don't read the X-Men, personally, but I think my biggest issue with not wanting to jump in is the severe lack of a status quo. Basically nothing stays the same for more than a few months, before the next BIG crossover storyline starts and everything gets shaken up and changed. Is there a big Spider-man crossover story every year? Nope. Is there a big Iron Man crossover story every year? Uh, no. So why do the X-Men need at least one HUGE story every year? With all the big X-Men events, it really makes the title seem disconnected from the rest of the Marvel Universe. Like the X-Men exist in their own little bubble and Wolverine is the only one who ventures out of it to hang with the Avengers.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jrock85
    @The Dark Huntress:
    Has she proven herself? Like I said it all depends on the writer. In many of her appearances she's done a number of good deeds, and in others she seems to be self-involved and manipulative. I guess these different portrayals could be intentional to present her as a complex character, but  the "seeking redemption" angle is a lot more appealing to me.
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By unicornpuncher

I actually really like Fraction and Land.

I just hate that all the teams overlap and theres too many storylines going on at once. 

Make the teams separate, keep the books separate and only crossover when needed.  Now it seems its all bout crossovers and marketing the next crossover when your not even done with the first one.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By unicornpuncher
    @TheIsland said:
    " They killed all the interesting characters like Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, Omega red. Instead of killing of dumb characters like M, Pixie, Dust, armor.   Plus, Marvel is trying to be all politically correct by introducing more gay and women characters in X-men and failing to make them interesting and at the same time don't give panel time to well deserving characters like Iceman, Cannonball etc. "
    Actually statistically its about 1 in 10 people that have bisexual or gay tendencies, so the statistics are probably pretty right on.  Karma, Northstar, Anole and Bling being gay make up for about a population of 40.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @celestial_man said:
    " alll the  x-men villains are either dead or reformed... i am sure i may spoil some plots Magneto reformed,   apocaypse  dead but get  ressurected eveyry 5 mins, sinister  dead, marauders either dead or  disbanded: sabertooth dead,  blobb depowered, jugernauts reformed and a member of the thunderbolts?  mystique  no seen her around since dark xmen :( same with dark beast.     Unus  Dead  ( bring back unus).   black  tom   MIA,   pyro dead,      Toad  and avalance reformed and hanging around utopia doing nothing. Emplate sucked into another dimention,   cassanova forgoten about may or may not be in armor /emma ? sentinels been oved used recently...    styfe dead....  exodus   disbanded his brotherhood !   shadowking  generally underused  and  been used as a z-list villain.  mikhall rasputin ?? mastermind dead   Sauron  MIA  Black Queen dead does anyone else have  a problem with xavier been retconed to been a complete bastard and a sissy at the same time as he gets ordered aboutby cyclops all the time... or the fact that  all the xmen are in the same place  i liked it in the good old days post fall of the mutants with the  diferent xmen treams in different locations  australia, new york, westchester   and  excalibur in england =  purfect age of comics "
    Sinister is back XD
    I miss mystique O_O
    But yea super pissed about what was done to xavier, really they butchered his entire character
    I'm also tired of the utopia island
    Not thrilled magneto reformed especially with how badly mutants were cut down in population, he should lead his own team again
    Miss storm actually being relevant

HATE how rogues powers lost their kick, wish she had ms marvel powers back but not her personality
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By unicornpuncher
    @EnSabahNurX said:
    " @celestial_man said:
    HATE how rogues powers lost their kick, wish she had ms marvel powers back but not her personality
    "

Rogue lost her powers?  I know she lost the ability to shoot fire she had for awhile,. but I thought she could still fly and had super strengh but just wasnt using them.  When did she lose them?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#121  Edited By Kairan1979
    @unicornpuncher:
    Rogue lost her powers along with the memories she absorbed when she was touched by newborn Hope.
    natejoseph09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By natejoseph09

I'd say the worst thing currently is the characters they concentrate on mainly in Uncanny

Magento, Namor, X Club     - Some people should just not be X-men

But secondary is the fixation on Scott/Emma, their was a point where they were majorly appearing in almost every xbook and it just got ridiculous.

I like Scott and Emma generally but not in 7 books at once, their is so many times you can try to make Cyclops look cool in every situation.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#123  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

What I don't like about the current X-Men books right now is that: 

- There are way too many characters being introduced into the storyline.  

It's like every issue, they introduce a new X-Men character, but they never really gave much development on their character and I just don't feel anything for the newer X-Men characters because they never really focused on them. 

- Too many storylines to keep up with. 

What happened to the X-Men storylines that lasted for a whole issue? It's like, I have to constantly go to the library all the time just to figure out what's really going on in the X-Men universe nowandays and I still don't understand the plots of the stories very well.  That's why I stick mostly with Joss Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men even though it was really short, but the plots were very straight forward and connected with each other. 

- Character Deaths 

I don't know why the writers are always killing and reviving the characters in every issue. If they killed off a character, then that character should stay dead and if they wanted a character to stay alive, then they shouldn't have killed off that character in the first place.  I didn't mind that they brought back Colossus since he's one of my favorite characters, but to kill off Nightcrawler was just terrible. They should only kill off characters who are not popular in the fanbase so that way no one would really miss them if they died. 

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#124  Edited By DATNIGGA

jubilee isa vamp

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.