Be honest - what's the WORST part about X-Men right now?

• 124 results
#1 Posted by redbull (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only recently started catching up, and there are a ton of things that bug me, and I can't decide which is the worst.
 My contenders:

- Greg Land
- This insanely bizarre fixation with Cyclops + Emma all of the time
- Iceman never, ever getting panel time he deserves
- Incredibly hard to tell who's on what team and what issues to follow! 

#2 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

When they bring back a character that i like from comic limbo and kill that person off >.>

#3 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

to many open stories
#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
" to many open stories "
#5 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
No Jean Grey. 
#6 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma and Cyclops (been irritating me since day 1)
M-Day in general
"Utopia" (BRING US BACK THE X-MANSION!)
Uncanny becoming a boring title with bad artists.

I want Magneto and / or Professor X to lead the X-Men (actually, both would be good. Or just Magneto. I would just really like him to be among the leaders)

#7 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact that Sabretooth is dead.

#8 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" the fact that Sabretooth is dead. "
Eh. Death means nothing in the world of comics.
#9 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Caligula said:
Eh. Death means nothing in the world of comics. "
i know he will be back, and that it won't be permanent. just sucks while he is gone.
#10 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction
#11 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Red is dead as well.

#12 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: 

Is he? I know he was in Uncanny X-Men right before #500. I thought his death was unconfirmed (IE: No body)
#13 Posted by Ryonslaught (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

2 words .......................

Matt Fraction (shouders)

#14 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine. 
Greg Land.
Utopia. I like the mansion. 
Wolverine.
No Prof X. 
Wolverine.

He's there so many times because of the amount of appearances he has.

#15 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't liked X-Men since...oh man...it's been over ten years. For me something else that sucks are the modern day costumes they've gone through. X-Men seem to change up their looks way too much IMO.

#16 Posted by D3athstroke (3892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
It will be cool if He will return and become new Venom 
#17 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt Fraction
Utopia

#18 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction, Land, and the inability of the X-writers and editors to properly execute crossovers linearly/maintain continuity throughout the X-books. They are getting better at that last one, but Fraction and Land make it very hard for me to get into the X-Men books they work on. I'm also not a fan of the current portrayals of Xavier or Magneto. Also, waiting for Hope to have some impact for the past 2 years. It's gotten really old, and she better start doing cool things soon. She is barely a character, they need to spend more time making her someone fans should care about, considering how much is hinging on her throughout the X-titles.

#19 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

" @Edamame:   Is he? I know he was in Uncanny X-Men right before #500. I thought his death was unconfirmed (IE: No body) "

Wolverine: Origins #39.     Murasama Blade
#20 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @JediXMan said:

" @Edamame:   Is he? I know he was in Uncanny X-Men right before #500. I thought his death was unconfirmed (IE: No body) "

Wolverine: Origins #39.     Murasama Blade "
Does that take place before or after his appearance in Uncanny?
#21 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Edamame said:
" @JediXMan said:

Does that take place before or after his appearance in Uncanny? "
He hasn't been in Uncanny since '05

I Hate that Colossus still calls Illyana "Snowflake". It's borderline incestuous  and supremely annoying.
#22 Posted by Gearo (825 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the worst part of being an X-man is that it is just to easy for someone to kill you. Plus that fact that your home gets destroyed every month by some bad guy really sucks.

#23 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops forgetting that his brother and daughter are in space right now fighting for their lives -____-

#24 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
" to many open stories "
#25 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Edamame said:
" @JediXMan said:

He hasn't been in Uncanny since '05  I Hate that Colossus still calls Illyana "Snowflake". It's borderline incestuous  and supremely annoying. "
He appeared in the Divided We Stand arc (UXM #495 - 499), which was in 2008.

That doesn't bother me. It's a part of the character.

Here's something that irritates me: the fact that Colossus is in his metal form every time we see him. I don't see the point.
#26 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull: the underuse of iceman is bad, but worse is utopia and all its antipatriotism evil about it.  @JediXMan said:
" @Edamame said:
" @JediXMan said:

after.  as you may recall, at the end of the uncanny appearance nightcrawler drops him from a good height.  this was not intended to kill him, and it didnt.

omega red was imprisoned again, but romulus manipulated events so he ended up in a Russian prison with wolverine.  wolverine won after a very brutal fight,  but didnt hurt omega red as badly as he wanted to because he knew that if he injured omega red hard enough for him to escape, omega red would regain his life force by sucking it out of the other prisoners.  wolverine ran away (severely injured) where he was captured by Wild Child.  Wild Child revealed to Wolverine that Romulus was having all the Weapon X fighters battle each other until one was left to become Romulus's successor.  Wild Child was then about to drop Wolverine into a vat of molten metal, which would then harden around him and kill him.  however before he could omega red attacked (wild child had thought wolverine didnt care enough about the prisoners to let red escape).  in the fight, wild child was tossed into the metal and wolverine escaped.  wolverine got half of the murrammassa blade and waited until omega red found him.  then he tossed it like a javelin into omega's chest.  omega seemingly died on panel and romulus came out of the shadows to battle wolverine.   many of weapon x characters have been killed: Sabretooth, Victor Hudson, Omega Red, Wild Child, Cyber...     
#27 Posted by daveydavey (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many crossovers...Back to back to back.........................

#28 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: 

Ah, ok. I don't read Wolverine: Origins, so I wasn't sure. Thanks.
#29 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:   Ah, ok. I don't read Wolverine: Origins, so I wasn't sure. Thanks. "
sure any time
you should read the series once it comes out in a volume.  its really good
#30 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: 

I might. I think I'll read it at the bookstore or library instead, though.
#31 Posted by Stamps (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull said:
"  I've only recently started catching up, and there are a ton of things that bug me, and I can't decide which is the worst.  My contenders:  - Greg Land - This insanely bizarre fixation with Cyclops + Emma all of the time - Iceman never, ever getting panel time he deserves - Incredibly hard to tell who's on what team and what issues to follow!  "
Um...it's a X-Men book...and Greg Land
#32 Posted by Ga11owbraid (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, for one thing, it looks like Kurt is going to get an unceremonious send-off in an issue packed with chuckles.
#33 Posted by zombietag (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

i just hate how you cant read one x series and just read that. i want to be able to just pick up uncanny xmen and read it and not feel lost, confused, or compelled to buy more x titles

#34 Posted by Hawkling (178 posts) - - Show Bio

the fact that the flagship title is horrible.

#35 Edited by A-Strondinaire (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many crossovers 
Pointless killings of one essential character every crossover 
The Scott and Emma show 
and wallpaper characters
#36 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

the art in uncanny after reading x-force
#37 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @pixelized said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Edamame said:
" @JediXMan said:

He hasn't been in Uncanny since '05  I Hate that Colossus still calls Illyana "Snowflake". It's borderline incestuous  and supremely annoying. "
He appeared in the Divided We Stand arc (UXM #495 - 499), which was in 2008.  That doesn't bother me. It's a part of the character. Here's something that irritates me: the fact that Colossus is in his metal form every time we see him. I don't see the point. "
We're talking about Sabretooth right? He wasn't in any of those issues. Omega Red was.
#38 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: 

Actually, we did mean Omega Red.
#39 Posted by TheIsland (8 posts) - - Show Bio

They killed all the interesting characters like Nightcrawler, Sabretooth, Omega red.
Instead of killing of dumb characters like M, Pixie, Dust, armor. 

Plus, Marvel is trying to be all politically correct by introducing more gay and women characters in X-men and failing to make them interesting and at the same time don't give panel time to well deserving characters like Iceman, Cannonball etc.

#40 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Me sees me sees
#41 Posted by JediXMan (27925 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @JediXMan: Me sees me sees "
Heh, no problem.
#42 Edited by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that X-men are no longer heroes at all...Just a self proclaimed state that is willing to accept the worst possible criminals (Magneto excluded ;D) just because they are mutants.The fact that X-force is ready to kill any humans in close vicinity of their target without checking if they are affiliated with their target...Strange tendencies of the writers to kill-off one of the most moral characters (BAMF!)....
Extreme isolationism, possible terrorist methods, and....errr....Extreme humanophobia...

Nation X: X-Factor #1
#43 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to read X-Men comics for a while, even the bad ones and then Avengers sort of filled that void. X-Men comics, while I have heard are good, just are not the top dog and I don't know what it will take for me to get back into them. Maybe a reboot? I did get Astonishing but that was more a self contain story. Picked up some of the other hardcovers like the one with the lost X-Men. It seemed to me that they were doing these mini events like Endangered Species and so often that it just pushed me away. 

For Greg Land's faults, I think his art just looks good... no matter how he does it. Another thing Wolverine made the X-Men a special place and now he is everywhere so maybe that is part of it?

#44 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@redbull said:
" I've only recently started catching up, and there are a ton of things that bug me, and I can't decide which is the worst.  My contenders:  - Greg Land - This insanely bizarre fixation with Cyclops + Emma all of the time - Iceman never, ever getting panel time he deserves - Incredibly hard to tell who's on what team and what issues to follow!  "

Substitute "Iceman" for "all the other decent characters who also populate the rubbish island of Utopia", and I completely agree with you. 

Although, in a way, I'd rather see the decent characters in limbo without any appearances, instead of seeing them used, abused & warped completely out of character in Uncanny. 
#45 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

M-Day!! 

#46 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheIsland:
what do you mean? There has only been a few new gay characters introduced and the number of female characters are about the correct if you assume that gender does not determine whether or not someone becomes a superhero.
#47 Posted by charlieboy (7136 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that there are too many characters and not enough character development. oh and emma annoys me.
#48 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the worst thing is utopia

#49 Posted by redbull (1396 posts) - - Show Bio
@uncanny89 said:
" I think the worst thing is utopia "
I haven't read it yet - why?
#50 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Utopia itself. I hate that it sucks. Like that every instant there is a struggle. Really Emma and Warren's money can't get them food and such? How did Magneto feed everyone when it was Asteroid M? Hopefully with Heroic Age and Norman Osborn not being in charge anymore they'll be able to come and go more easily. I for one don't want them to go back to the X-Mansion. Maybe rebuild it and one team could stay there but the majority of the mutants should stay on Utopia. That way the New York team would be self contained in one book which would help out lots of readers.

And yes I'm also annoyed that the long term X-Men aren't used enough. Iceman and Colossus particularly. I mean we're seeing the X-Club more than these guys who've been X-Men for years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.