Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Battle of the atom 1 and 2 (SPOILERS)

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

BOTA 1

1st of all, i would like to commend Bendis for a job well done. I love how he started the story with Magik travelling to the future. The story is fast-paced and full of twists and turn. It's just sad that the present X-men have to deal with this current endeavor separately ( team wolvie - deals with time related issues and team cyke deals with mutant hunters. I got really excited when team cyke popped up and saved team wolvie during a sentinel attack.

I just realized that they are putting so much drama in jean's life, making her more emotional, far from her character in the past. Young Bobby is always an icebreaker.

The artwork is not bad at all.

BOTA 2

Since I'm still a PRO JEAN AND SCOTT LOVE-TEAM, I was kinda disappointed when jean tried to runaway with beast 1st. Good thing it was with scott that she ended up running way with. Just goes to show how strong their rapport is even in their young age. I also love the way the x-men from the future explained why they had to mask their thoughts from jean. I love love love the way Bendis executed jean's escape. It was hella clever! she pulled a trick so clever that all grown up x-men from present and future fell dumb to her great escape.

Future jean Grey Revelation and her meeting Rachel - THE BOMB!

The artwork - better than BOTA 1

I'm all excited for the bnext issues. It seems to be getting better!

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#2  Edited By time1

@darthphoenix So you red the comics already. I thought they were not out yet.

I think Bendis is doing a good job on All new X-Men, but I think in this story arc, young Cyclops will die and they will sent others back to there time. If they do I will be very disappointed, that's mean Jean Grey going back to and she only been back for 11 or 12 months.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthphoenix

Cyclops died. He was revived. Reason why they tried to send the o5 back when x-men from the future popped in and jean and scott ran away.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Edited the thread title. Add a spoiler alert next time.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn, I've just been spoiled lol

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want beast to get his comeuppance, Im actually sick of his actions not being addressed yet. Im gonna put it out there and I dont care if its a flame or not. This is the second X-character who is currently tied into avengers to not have to face consequences whilst The true x-characters like cyc do. Marvel is annoying me lately. I am looking forward to reading this but if there is no outcome for beast being a douche I will drop a lot of books because I don't see the point in reading X-Men anymore if they have no impact on anything and keep getting brushed aside.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: i wrote in the premise that everyone read the issues too. I'm from the Philippines, i thought i'd be days behind from people from USA

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix:

warning dont read my answer if you dont know what happens

um if at the end of all-new x-men 16 was really adult jean grey why was iceman and beast so old(like in thier 70's-80's)???? Something is fishy

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Chapmar

@xrs10: Completely agree with you on the whole beast issue. Cyclops gets lectured in every second comic while beast and wolverine get to do WHATEVER they damn well want.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix:

um if at the end of all-new x-men 16 was really adult jean grey why was iceman and beast so old(like in thier 70's-80's)???? Something is fishy

Because maybe teen Jean stays in the present so therefore she wouldn't be as old as beast and iceman. Pretty much we just need to resolve the issue of the O5 x-men being in the present and seeing how they explain the conflict. Hmmm I'm so behind XD I don't get comics till like next week or so for the month of august lol

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@darthphoenix:

Because maybe teen Jean stays in the present so therefore she wouldn't be as old as beast and iceman. Pretty much we just need to resolve the issue of the O5 x-men being in the present and seeing how they explain the conflict. Hmmm I'm so behind XD I don't get comics till like next week or so for the month of august lol

Where does it say Beast and Iceman are 70-80? looks more like they just mutated again.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Future Jean Grey Revelation and Rachel Grey : So its made clear that either Logan or Hank is Rachel's dad, eh ?

lol j/k. But please do spoil it for us.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

@xrs10 said:

I just want beast to get his comeuppance, Im actually sick of his actions not being addressed yet. Im gonna put it out there and I dont care if its a flame or not. This is the second X-character who is currently tied into avengers to not have to face consequences whilst The true x-characters like cyc do. Marvel is annoying me lately. I am looking forward to reading this but if there is no outcome for beast being a douche I will drop a lot of books because I don't see the point in reading X-Men anymore if they have no impact on anything and keep getting brushed aside.

Hell yes. I've been all for this from day . In fact I've gotten so pissed about the issue that I now want Beast dead. Beast does whatever he wants and nothing is ever said.

By the way. The story is kinda interesting but is anybody else having trouble getting past the constant time travel being the basis for everything? I mean in all honesty it is a bit ridiculous. Bringing back Jean was cool but where is the Professor's grandson from, Legion and Blindfold? what about Ice-Hulk and whatever Beast is supposed to be? It sorta feels like some of the characters are there for shock value to mask a weak basis for a story. Its kinda easy to get blinded by the fact that at the core the story is: the future Xmen travel into the past to the present to get the present xmen to send the past xmen that have travelled to the future and are now in the present to go back to the past so they wont destroy the future.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GonnaRain

I always thought that time travel in Marvel involved other realities being created. Like, say, when Beast went to the Past to bring the O5 to the Future, another Reality would've been created, and so the O5 would be of said Universe, instead of actually becoming the 616 versions. Meaning that, even if Teenclops died, nothing would've happened to current Scott.

I may be wrong of course, after all I don't fully understand it anyways.

Aside from that, I actually enjoyed both parts, specially when the UXM where involved, and Immonen continues to deliver beautiful art.

Also, why was Triage freaking out because he brought someone back to life? Didn't the same happen when he first manifested his powers? IIRC some girl friend of his died and he resurrected her as well.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is anyone worried about if one of the o5 characters would die then thier older self would cease to exist

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
    The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chapmar said:

@xrs10: Completely agree with you on the whole beast issue. Cyclops gets lectured in every second comic while beast and wolverine get to do WHATEVER they damn well want.

Well, to his defense, Beast didn't kill anyone or almost blow up the world. And Cap and the Avengers (some) did put it on Wolvie when they learn of his actions will on X-force.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_vii said:

@chapmar said:

Well, to his defense, Beast didn't kill anyone or almost blow up the world. And Cap and the Avengers (some) did put it on Wolvie when they learn of his actions will on X-force.

Well to be fair the X-Men of the future just said that bringing the O5 to the present pretty much f...ed their time so... Beast is not so far behind to be honest.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a person who prefers Teen Jean to be with Teen Scott I liked how Bendis showed their relationship. I'm still of the mind that the reason Teen Jean approached Hank in the past issue was because she was thinking that maybe if she got together with Hank instead of Scott maybe it alters the timeline that the things they're seeing at the moment won't come to be, so her trying to psychically convince Hank first was probably along the same vein but again I like how Bendis emphasized that connection between Teen Scott and Teen Jean. Whereas Hank was more concerned with his fascinations Teen Scott followed Jean no questions. I don't mind Jean/Logan and Scott/Emma pairings but the O5 Scott/Jean just bring so much nostalgia for me that it's hard for me to see either of them coupling with someone else.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I kind of want to get the trade because I would definitely save money. A awesome crossover with 3 X-Men books I'm debating on which to solely pull. That being said this sounds Epic and I want to try and avoid spoilers but... I'm on Team Emma and Scott. Never liked Jean.

( + )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.