Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

B-Z-lists you'd like to see developed

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thinking about it, MU has a lot of less known concepts/characters that could turn into successes if only somebody would give them a chance and panel-time to be developed. Magik was a no-one just a couple of years ago, now she's one of the most intriguing X-chars. Legion was nothing but a plot device, now he has his own personality which was explored in one of the most well-written X-runs ever. Just two examples from the top of my head, knowing that X-related stuff for most time tends to be the best part of MU.

So I want to ask you, what less explored or just less appearing characters and concepts you'd like to see on panel gaining personality/becoming A-lister/redefining its own destiny/just being acknowledged or whatever you think is fit for them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Lifeguard, Sage, Loa, Mercury, Hellion, Gateway, Cordelia Frost, Empath, virtually any of the Children of the Vault, Karma, Forge, Meggan, Unus, Ariel, Darkstar and Elixir are all that come to mind at the moment.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What @squares said

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frenzy, Skids, Lady Mastermind, Trance, Persuasion, Threnody, Copycat, Skein, Pete Wisdom, Neal Shaara, Mondo, Gaia, the Genoshan Excalibur team, Bedlam, Adam X, Indra, and Pulse would be cool to see developed. At the very least it'd be neat to see where some of them are these days.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamTRMM

@squares:

Unus was killed by his own FF in Son of M, I think Genoshan Excalibur team is wholly depowered, Gateway was killed by Ultimaton in Remender's UXF...

Pete Wisdom and Meggan will appear in the next issue of X-force.

Wasn't Lady M a member of Mystique's current gang?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SURGE!!!!!
    SURGE!!!!!

SURGE!!!! Sweet electric mother in a blue hair net, someone develop SURGE! She's a leader of her generatiom, has super speed, family issues, blue electricity, a militant attitude shaped by her experiences as a longtime ward of the X-Men, BLUE HAIR AND GAUNTLETS! Some please just give her something to do!!! SURGEEEE!!!!!

I know it seems like i'm marking out, but seriously SURGE NEEDS IT! Put her with Scott's team, put her on the XX-Men, make her a battery in X-Factor. Hell make her a Young Avenger, it worked for Prodigy....restart Murder World if you have too...she'll win!! This character has potential and has been squandered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@squares:

Unus was killed by his own FF in Son of M, I think Genoshan Excalibur team is wholly depowered, Gateway was killed by Ultimaton in Remender's UXF...

Pete Wisdom and Meggan will appear in the next issue of X-force.

Wasn't Lady M a member of Mystique's current gang?

Alright, thanks!

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Polaris, great look and powerful.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @adamtrmm said:

Magik was a no-one just a couple of years ago, now she's one of the most intriguing X-chars.

Uh...what?? Magik had her own mini series and the 80s and was an indelible part of the New Mutants team, which was one of the most popular books of the 1980s that actually out sold the X-Men for a while. Definitely not a nobody.

If the current X-books have done anything for Magik it's make her less interesting.

At any rate, I always contend that I think the characters that were a part of the New Mutants should have replaced the the characters we maintain as the essential X-characters by now.... characters like Cyclops, Beast and Wolverine should have retired and maybe Strom takes Xaviers place as headmaster of the school alongside Magneto or something like that and the main X roster would consist of characters like Cannonball, Magma, Moonstar, Warpath, Catseye, Tarot etc.
    Maybe some of their villains would be former allies like Sunspot, Doug Ramsey with the transmode virus
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh...what?? Magik had her own mini series and the 80s and was an indelible part of the New Mutants team, which was one of the most popular books of the 1980s that actually out sold the X-Men for a while. Definitely not a nobody.

If the current X-books have done anything for Magik it's make her less interesting.

Sleepwalker has had his own ongoing, do you know who this character is? Mini is not an indication and no one really cared about Magik before as far as I know, hell Black Sun wasn't even about her. The initial form was replaced with a child that was killed by Legacy Virus. Like I said, she was a non factor if we're talking about the big picture. That's what I meant in general.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredcdobbs: Dude, she's one of the main characters in All-New X-Factor right now.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Denam_Pavel

Hellion, Frenzy, Surge, Trance, Bling!, Gentle, Cipher, Gateway, M

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

@adamtrmm said:

Sleepwalker has had his own ongoing, do you know who this character is? Mini is not an indication and no one really cared about Magik before as far as I know, hell Black Sun wasn't even about her. The initial form was replaced with a child that was killed by Legacy Virus. Like I said, she was a non factor if we're talking about the big picture. That's what I meant in general.

Actually, yes....I had Sleepwalker #1. I think most people that read comics in the early 90s knew who sleepwalker was, his design was awesome and Marvel promoted the bejeezus out of him. But, this is another story entirely.

She was a huge part of the X-Men in the 1980s. Which is arguably their most formative era. She was a member of the New Mutants and often crossed over into the X-Men as she was Kitty Prydes best friend and Colossus sister. Unless you are from the school of people that became a fan of the X-Men through the cartoon, I would think you would know she is. While I agree she is not one of the most synonymous names of the X-Men franchise, she sure as heck wasn't a nobody. Not a big deal, just I wouldn't consider anywhere near a Z lister.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'd be happy to see more of any of these guys.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kidchipotle

- I want Rockslide and Armor to be full time X-Men.

I want Nate Grey in a book too again.

There are A LOT more mutants I want to see get more time.

- I also want Marvel to focus on it's cosmic universe again. With GotG back, there was a good opportunity for it but Bendis is really only focusing on the current team. I'd like to see The Annihilators, Mantis, Moondragon, Cosmo, the time displaced Vance Astro, Adam Warlock (even though he's….different…thanks to the Thanos OGN), Martyr, Jack Flag, and Bug all back in action.

- I'm sure there are some Avengers I want to see more but I'll stop at this.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Frozon

Hellion, Surge, Trance, Bling!, Mercury, M, and of course Wiccan.

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: oh cool, might check that out, pretty much given up on all the x titles at the moment.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adamTRMM

@cattlebattle said:

Actually, yes....I had Sleepwalker #1. I think most people that read comics in the early 90s knew who sleepwalker was, his design was awesome and Marvel promoted the bejeezus out of him. But, this is another story entirely.

She was a huge part of the X-Men in the 1980s. Which is arguably their most formative era. She was a member of the New Mutants and often crossed over into the X-Men as she was Kitty Prydes best friend and Colossus sister. Unless you are from the school of people that became a fan of the X-Men through the cartoon, I would think you would know she is. While I agree she is not one of the most synonymous names of the X-Men franchise, she sure as heck wasn't a nobody. Not a big deal, just I wouldn't consider anywhere near a Z lister.

The point was, most of people don't. :) We're talking about previous generation of comic book readers, and I can't say they're backing up New Mutants that passionately (no offense). Doesn't matter, none of them were A-lister even then, would you agree? This thread is about B-listers as well.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

SURGE!!!!!
    SURGE!!!!!

SURGE!!!! Sweet electric mother in a blue hair net, someone develop SURGE! She's a leader of her generatiom, has super speed, family issues, blue electricity, a militant attitude shaped by her experiences as a longtime ward of the X-Men, BLUE HAIR AND GAUNTLETS! Some please just give her something to do!!! SURGEEEE!!!!!

I know it seems like i'm marking out, but seriously SURGE NEEDS IT! Put her with Scott's team, put her on the XX-Men, make her a battery in X-Factor. Hell make her a Young Avenger, it worked for Prodigy....restart Murder World if you have too...she'll win!! This character has potential and has been squandered.

+1

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Chamber, Husk, Warpath

Is Cannonball B? if he wasnt he is now in the avengers

there you go start there and ill have plenty more if they ever get done lol

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hope summers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

- I want Rockslide and Armor to be full time X-Men.

I would totally love this.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Koays

Also Dani Moonstar and the New Mutants....for a while they were major players in SF, i would've liked to see them mixed in with the main team now like how Gen X seems to be.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The new mutants- Cannonball, Sunspot, Moonstar, Magma, Karma, Wolfsbane. I would also add Warpath, Frenzy, Chamber, Husk, Sage. From the new xmen generation- Hellion, Surge, X23, Dust, Hope Summers, Tempus, Hijack

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@hawk2916 said:

The new mutants- Cannonball, Sunspot, Moonstar, Magma, Karma, Wolfsbane. I would also add Warpath, Frenzy, Chamber, Husk, Sage. From the new xmen generation- Hellion, Surge, X23, Dust, Hope Summers, Tempus, Hijack

This plus Mercury, Blindfold, Pixie, Loa, Ink, Anole, Angel Salvadore, Rubbermaid, Match, Pulse, and Trance.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mimic, The New Mutants, Gentle, Warpath, and the current generation of X-Men students. Wolverine and the X-Men really needs to focus on a combination of the students and leave out the older X-Men characters

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprise no one name any new X student.

I go with Eye Boy. The newest and most useless x student lol (hope they make him special). Sprite, Nature Girl, Shark Girl, and Broo. These I would like to see developing and especially now since they're new.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pixie, Surge, M Twin, Boom Boom, Bling, and Trance.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

SURGE!!!!!
    SURGE!!!!!

I truly miss that girl :( any idea where she been?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@koays said:

SURGE!!!!!
    SURGE!!!!!

I truly miss that girl :( any idea where she been?

Last known Surge spotting was in X-Men 17 i think....She was playing baseball, then Primal was shot. smh

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Selina_Sublime

I'd like to see some well-developed other mutant factions, like the Morlocks, The Acolytes, or the Brotherhood. I don't really care about there being 12 new X-Men tbh. I differing opinions, perspectives, and compelling antagonists.

I think it'd be cool to see some of the New/Young X-Men, Gen Hope, Jean Grey School, etc. join some outside mutant groups and develop them from there.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see some well-developed other mutant factions, like the Morlocks, The Acolytes, or the Brotherhood. I don't really care about there being 12 new X-Men tbh. I differing opinions, perspectives, and compelling antagonists.

I think it'd be cool to see some of the New/Young X-Men, Gen Hope, Jean Grey School, etc. join some outside mutant groups and develop them from there.

This...

Well done by the way...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.