Awesome Toy Picks: LEGO X-Men - Wolverine, Deadpool & Magneto

Posted by G-Man (34330 posts) - - Show Bio

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with LEGO. I love all the product they put out but I hate what it does to my wallet. At least I'm usually able to show some restraint. In other words, you can expect to see some more LEGO 'hands on' looks in the weeks to come.

This week, it's time to check out some more Marvel LEGO. We've already seen the Avengers - Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout and the Avengers Quinjet Aerial Battle & Captain America's Cycle. Now we're going to check out the LEGO version of the X-Men.

It's not really the X-Men. It does include Wolverine. Magneto is an X-Man now as well. Deadpool? Who cares as long as we get a LEGO Deadpool.

Let's be honest, we'll all be getting this just to get our hands on these three LEGO characters. The helicopter is pretty cool. But it is just a LEGO helicopter with missiles. And there's the motorcycle. I know have three including Captain America's and Catwoman's.

The retail price is about $20. At 201 pieces, it won't take much time to assemble it all.

And there is another mini comic included. It's not much of an actual comic. Perhaps someday we'll actually see longer LEGO superhero comics.

But we all really want to see the LEGO in 'action,' right?

You can see the helicopter is pretty cool. But Wolverine isn't going to care how cool it is. Even if it has a place to put both of Deadpool's swords. Woverine hates Deadpool and a helicopter isn't going to get in the way of that hate.

The nice thing about LEGO figures is you can pull off their hands. Makes it easy to reenact battle scenes between Logan and Wade.

Of course Deadpool could just re-grow his hand (or at least he could before recent events in his comic).

What about Magneto? He's not going to let this little spat get in the way of his time in the spotlight.

So it's a cool set. It's not expensive when you compare it to other sets. As you can see, there's a lot you can do. But let's take a final closer look at everyone. Each figure, except Deadpool, comes with two facial expressions.

That's it for this week. I haven't decided yet but there might be some more LEGO next week. There hasn't been a lot of regular cool action figures being released. I still have a couple other LEGO sets to build and showcase. We'll see what happens during the week.

Staff
#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Even as a Lego Wade always seems to have his head missing, lol.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

The magneto is win. The other two meh.

#3 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome sauce.

#4 Posted by Sawcesome (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Yes. Yes I am.

#5 Posted by Brutal Wolverine (7 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Magneto using his power on a plastic helicopter? ;]

#6 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be more interested in buying it if Logan had an alternate body and helmet that so he could have his mask on.

#7 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brutal Wolverine:

Yes. It looks like a massive continuity error. But, Lego-Magneto can only control Lego-plastic, as was shown in Lego X-men # 1. ; )

Yes! I was SO hoping for this! Thanks!

Now, please make a Deadpool-Wolverine-Magneto! Well, you don`t have to. It would be cool, though.

#8 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish you could buy the figures without the set. I'd love to have these characters, but have no interest in a helicopter or bike.

#9 Posted by MooseyMcMan (136 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me sad that LEGO didn't have the Marvel license back when I was a kid. I would have loved to have a LEGO Wolverine.

#10 Posted by happypup70 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@MooseyMcMan: You could have it now.

#11 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. If I was 10 right now I might be screaming for joy right now.

#12 Posted by deadpool25mm (598 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Awesome! Nice pic's of it too!

#13 Posted by flip_nosis (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been a Lego fan, but these Marvel sets are slowly making me a believer.

#14 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

why couldnt they have made these 10 years ago??

#15 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego Deadpool FTW!

#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn it why did thay have to get the marvel licence when im just that little bit to old to be still playing with lego!

#17 Posted by fables87 (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#18 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this one last week on a Walmart, but I have no money :'( when I saw it first thing I said "Oh Man a Deadpool lego *fangirl expressions*" and I'm not a big fan of Deadpool

@TheHeat said:

Lego Deadpool FTW!

F*ck yeah

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

@Brutal Wolverine:

Yes. It looks like a massive continuity error. But, Lego-Magneto can only control Lego-plastic, as was shown in Lego X-men # 1. ; )

Then why is called 'Magneto'? They should change the name for 'Plastico' *Bad pun*

#19 Posted by cincyducksfan35 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome set! Unrelated, but I just found a six inch Bane figure at Target from The Dark Knight Rises and had to get it. It could use a review too!

#20 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I have this set and I use it in brickfilms

#21 Posted by longbowhunter (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought this set for my son a few weeks ago. The minifigs are incredible.

#22 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

These are so cool!!

#23 Posted by wmwadeii (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

Drool. I miss Legos

#24 Posted by Tainted-Cell (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this set at Downtown Disney last weekend, it looks like fun!

Strange question though: what happens to Deadpool's body parts once they're severed? Considering he can regrow them, and knowing how crazy Deadpool is, I'd imagine he'd have a huge collection of all of his disembodied appendages.

#25 Posted by X_Ace (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#26 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Deadpool one. Wolverine looks a lot like Hugh Jackman lol

#27 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

Lol. If I was 10 right now I might be screaming for joy right now.

Is it wrong that I am waaay past the age of 10 and I still want to scream for joy?

#28 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels like I just saw a sneak peak of the new Wolverine movie. Super psyched!

#29 Posted by RigorMortis (87 posts) - - Show Bio

This is all I ever wanted from life. I can finally die in peace. *hugs Lego X-Men and leaps off cliff*

#30 Posted by BST (45 posts) - - Show Bio

The figures are awesome but the bike and copter seem pretty generic to me...

#31 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Lego Storm?

#32 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: Uuuhhhh..... maybe. Like if you were to just put them on display I guess it'd be cool. If you were to play with them then........ yeah.
#33 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I love your story. It's funny how Deadpool managed to express his being annoyed by Wovlerine. "Jeez, you chopped my hand off!"

#34 Posted by mikenap (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Longevitous (24 posts) - - Show Bio

On each one of these LEGO posts, I don't see just toys, I see a young at heart G-Man staging elaborate scenes with mini-figs, turning an article into a mini narrative. Hope you had ten times as much fun writing it as we did reading it Tony.

#36 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

These pictures are awesome.

#37 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tainted-Cell: He does not regrow them. He has to hold it back on for a few minutes and it melds back together. I am 99.9 percent sure thats how it works.

#38 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

They all look good but I don't really agree with them selling Deadpool toys to kids. I think that Deadpool should come with an extra head, not sure what it would be though.

#39 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Lego's are fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.