Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

AvX#2 consequences

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar
    Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I'm so over this already. Wolverine needs to shut the front door and get off of his pedestal. Xavier had a naive dream, Cyclops was in a war. I'm so over people making Cyclops feel bad. He accidentally killed one man and saved the mutant race at the cost of one mans life. Boo Whoo. And Wolverine just needs to UGH. I'm over him being so high and mighty all of a sudden - Wolverine will never be half the man / leader / soldier / x-men Scott has been.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

He's the best at what he does, and what he does is be a complete hypocrite!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4  Edited By McKlayn

@John Valentine said:

He's the best at what he does, and what he does is be a complete hypocrite!

Ive never heard it put better. I agree but i'm still interested immensely in this series, this will tell the future of Cyclops and i swear if they don't use him right it will be a damn shame. he's a cashcow right now with more followers and fans since AvX then any other time, they would be stupid to make him a full fledged villain at this point

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dman1366

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I'm so over this already. Wolverine needs to shut the front door and get off of his pedestal. Xavier had a naive dream, Cyclops was in a war. I'm so over people making Cyclops feel bad. He accidentally killed one man and saved the mutant race at the cost of one mans life. Boo Whoo. And Wolverine just needs to UGH. I'm over him being so high and mighty all of a sudden - Wolverine will never be half the man / leader / soldier / x-men Scott has been.

THIS! God I hate Wolverine. The best part about WatX is that his character is not a main character

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

THIS! God I hate Wolverine. The best part about WatX is that his character is not a main character

I'm growing a bit bored of WatX - it's not been the same since the beginning of AvX and its "wackiness" is growing thin.

Aaron should just accept that everyone hates the Hellfire Brats, urgh. Have a brain-damaged Broo kill them all.

Not a fan of Marvel's current obsession with pushing Saint Logan.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Umm how and why was scott put in general pop?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

@Crimsonlord53: Because Cap hates mutants, Crimson.

allthatsgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By allthatsgeek

@Crimsonlord53 said:

In a private sector prison, no less.

No way in hell would the worlds powers let him be put in a prison like that, he'd be locked up in the raft or the negative prison or wherever the hell Pym/McCoy magically make the next super-prison. Just one more tally mark for "Did we even think about this before we started plotting"

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By One_Eye

@allthatsgeek said:

@Crimsonlord53 said:

In a private sector prison, no less.

No way in hell would the worlds powers let him be put in a prison like that, he'd be locked up in the raft or the negative prison or wherever the hell Pym/McCoy magically make the next super-prison. Just one more tally mark for "Did we even think about this before we started plotting"

Of course not. I don't even recall hearing who ok'ed the decision to even put Scott in a privately-owned prison. Really losing my like for Cap as time passes.

grenade728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By grenade728

It's official, Wolverine is my least favorite comic character now.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimlim

well... who knows. maybe there'll be twist and Logan busts Scott outta prison.

although i HIGHLY doubt that.

If anybody it'll be Magneto or Cable

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By fodigg

I think Scott being in jail telling hard truths is the only good thing from the fallout of this event. People have been on Scott's case for years. It is absolutely right to put him on trial and have him tell everyone else what he thinks of them.

Now, will the writers do it convincingly, one way or another? I dunno.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By One_Eye

@slimlim said:

well... who knows. maybe there'll be twist and Logan busts Scott outta prison.

although i HIGHLY doubt that.

If anybody it'll be Magneto or Cable

Well,whatever the case is,I'm enjoying the idea of Cap and Logan asking Cyclops to help bring in his teammates.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Not picking this up if the whole issue consists of Wolverine and Cyclops b*tch fighting over Jean Grey. I read Schism for that.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PassionFlower

I don't have a beef with Logan per se but for goodness sake he stars in five books must he dominate this series too?

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Now that AVX is finally over, I hath returned to the forums. What's that you say? It's not over? Their gonna keep milking it for months. Alright, bye.

onela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By onela

The helmet makes me think of Arthur from The Tick I think?  It's too goofy looking.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Did that fool really just chug 3 beers so that he could bring up Charles Xavier?

Enough of this Bull. If he wasn't so busy trying to side with the Avengers for the entire event, things could've gone a lot differently. Cyclops was right, Logan fought him all the way, and Xavier was killed because the Phoenix 5 were never supposed to come into existence in the first d@mn place.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dman1366

@John Valentine: I am not too big of a fan of children being the villains either. And I was definitely upset when Broo was killed, but in honesty, I like when writers aren't afraid to kill off a character. I think that this series should be a lot of fun with the new mutants born from the AvX series.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@Dman1366 said:

@John Valentine: I am not too big of a fan of children being the villains either. And I was definitely upset when Broo was killed, but in honesty, I like when writers aren't afraid to kill off a character. I think that this series should be a lot of fun with the new mutants born from the AvX series.

I doubt Broo is dead. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Magian

Can't believe Wolverine actually said that. I mean seriously?!

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solarflare32

I can actually see Cable busting his father out of prison since Cable alerted Cyclops to the events that led to AvX

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24  Edited By lorex

I am so sick of this preachy hypocrite version of Wolverine. The truth is when the number of mutants in the world was down to about 200 Xavier's dream of peaceful coexistance between humans and mutants was not in keeping with the difficult times. All the groups that hate mutants started coming after mutants hard. Xavier and his dream were essentially fired from the X-Men and a new leader willing to take decisive action and make a stand to protect all mutants in the face of extinction. Cyclops was the one to step up, make the hard decisions. Wolvereine was one of his soldiers/operatives call it what you will and was in lock step with all of Cyclops decisions, including restarting X-Force which was which was really a private black ops team doing dirty work behind the scenes. Then to protect Cyclops and give him plausable deniability he restarted X-Force on his own. From here things went wrong.

I still contend that Schism was not a natural outgrowth of any story line in the X-Men family of titles and was an editorial decision to begin to make Wolverine the leader of the X-Men. To do that a viable alternative was needed and this is where Logan changed. Out of nowhere Logan became the champion of keeping the younger mutants out of danger and not using them as soldiers. This was line that Beast was spouting for years but I guess his profile within the X-Men had dropped so low he was not a good leadership candidate. Its true Logan does have a soft spot for young mutants an would try to help them out. Previously he would help prepare them for battle and tell them what to expect. I seem to recall, and I do not remember the reference, Logan telling other X-Men that this character has the right to decide what to do for themselves even if that involves fighting. in any case Schism the POS that it was happened and Wolverine lead his portion of the X-Men back to Westchester where a new School was constructed. 

Schism and Regenesis divided the X-Men into 2 factions. This was suppost to ba a bold new direction for the X-Men, blah blah blah. Clearly Marvel did not like the outcome much cause less that a year later AvX happened. It was here that the editorial agenda to make Wolverine leader of the X-Men continued. They were not very subtle here Captain America and Iron Man briefed the president onthe threat the Phoenix Force represented and of course they consulted their 'expeert' Wolverine who advised them about Hope. He tells cap that Cyclops will try to use the Phoenix to remove the decimation and reestablish mutants in the world. Cap and the Avengers on a helicarrier no less show up on Utopia to take Hope into protective custody. Here is where the hypocracy comes in. For years one of the main enemies of the X-Men and mutants in general has been the US government or at least factions within it. Logan knows this yet but did he tell Cap thet the chances of Cyclopss turning over Hope to the government  started at 'go to hell' and ended at 'over my dead body'. Its from here that the lack of subtility continues and story presents the dispute as X-Men and by extension Cyclops = Bad and Avengers = Good. The BS continued abd in the space of a few days the so called heroes come up with a Phoenix Containment device in the spase of a few days, something intergalatic empires like the Kree, Skrulls and the Shi'Ar could not do. The Shi'Ar for a time controlled the M'Kraan Crystal which some say is the home of the Phoenix but they did not create it. The blunders continue with the creation of the Phoenix Five who are eventually corrupted by the power and of course this makes Avengers = good and X-Men = bad. This later became Cyclops = bad cause all the other X-Men surrendered to the Avengers. Xavier was killed,  Cyclops was defeated, the world saved and now more Mutants are appearing in the world.

Wolverine seems set to become the leader of the X-Men. Hell the not so subtility from Marvel continues in Wolverine and the X-Men #18 where with his dieing breath Xavier telepathically contacts Logan and tells him no matter what to not close his school as if that would have made all the difference in the last few years. Now Wolverine gets to be all emotional and tell Cyclops what a bad person he is. The truth is if he had helped Cyclops from the start thinge would have been different.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

The helmet doesn't bug me that much anymore.

Avatar image for pandaman1972011
    pandaman1972011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pandaman1972011

Broo death sad, very sad but new mutants are cool. Children are evil and rich children are very evil. So it makes sense that they existent .

Nosfistis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Nosfistis

@IllyanaRasputin: I second that. Thumbs up.

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeanniebird

@Nightcrawler23 said:

Now that AVX is finally over, I hath returned to the forums. What's that you say? It's not over? Their gonna keep milking it for months. Alright, bye.

Wise desicion.

Nosfistis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Nosfistis

For me, Wolverine couldn't talk about ethics to the Punisher himself, much less to Cyclops. I mean just check the records... Wolverine and Punisher compete for worlds best serial killer with the trail of bodies they leave behind. How many Wolverine has been mind controlled? Even Scarlet Witch has somewhat been redeemed and was seriously mental without mind control. Avengers should talk even less. Did they forget when the Illuminati kept the Infinity Gauntlet and almost destroyed the Universe? Or how many Iron-man's weapons have been compromised? Or that Bucky is a former Soviet spy/killer. Cyclops was tainted by Phoenix and in his try to do good he messed up (partially even).

Signs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Signs

In the end all this works in cyclops favor, as it has Sparked interest in a character that otherwise people weren't interested in, Other than the fans of course,I Actually believe that was marvel whole plan from the beginning . I'm a hard core cyclops fan And I have to admit that the x-men Stories were kind of bland the past couple of months I'm looking forward to a x book Which I know they will announce soon,with cyclops leading do gooder mutant outlaws

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I agree. I think the problem with the current creative direction is that if one were to look at these stories objectively, everyone just becomes hypocrites and it has less to do with moral high grounds or moral grey areas, and more to do with lackluster story telling and characters that it's hard to like or respect.

@White Mage said:

Did that fool really just chug 3 beers so that he could bring up Charles Xavier?

Enough of this Bull. If he wasn't so busy trying to side with the Avengers for the entire event, things could've gone a lot differently. Cyclops was right, Logan fought him all the way, and Xavier was killed because the Phoenix 5 were never supposed to come into existence in the first d@mn place.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By One_Eye

@White Mage said:

Well, guess he has to play up the whole machismo and such what with him shoving around a man that's handcuffed and all. Class-act that Wolverine.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#33  Edited By x_29

Cyclops vs Wolverine 2: Electric Boogaloo.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By McKlayn

Totally in an opposite direction but were Cyclops and Cap so full of themselves they thought hurting Cyclops ego was important enough to risk him breaking out? Cause this whole regular prison thing is just stupid, especially since they apparently already paid millions (i would guess it cost alot anyway) to build a special ruby quartz prison for him that he was in at the end of AvX

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheCrowbar

@McKlayn said:

Totally in an opposite direction but were Cyclops and Cap so full of themselves they thought hurting Cyclops ego was important enough to risk him breaking out? Cause this whole regular prison thing is just stupid, especially since they apparently already paid millions (i would guess it cost alot anyway) to build a special ruby quartz prison for him that he was in at the end of AvX

The Ruby Quartz room was actually Cyclop's and Wolverine's fetish room. It was build long ago after they couldn't use Jean Grey as a proxy for their love.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By McKlayn

@TheCrowbar said:

@McKlayn said:

The Ruby Quartz room was actually Cyclop's and Wolverine's fetish room. It was build long ago after they couldn't use Jean Grey as a proxy for their love.

thats just creepy, and a big insult to cyclops if he was going to be gay he could do better lol

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheCrowbar

@McKlayn: Did you know Cyclops owns a red wig?

LOL

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IllyanaRasputin said:

this and i think xavier will come back somehow dead characters dont stay dead for to long, how ever im hoping xavier will end up being a brain in the jar like martha

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39  Edited By xmentas

@TheCrowbar said:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13891

The helmet NEEDS to go. I can't take any situation seriously with him wearing that.

THE HELMET! Not only does Marvel decide to make seem like a bad guy, they decide to stick him in a jail and get him to look ridiculous wearing that stupid helmet...and he's so thin..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.