Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

AVX: Vs. Issue 3

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nudeviking

So this issue had a couple Russian ladies going at it, which was all well and good, but a good percentage of the dialogue was actually in Russian as opposed to <brackets such as this representing the fact that the characters are not actually speaking English> or any sort of editorial notes with translations. So is there anyone out there who can read Russian and has read this who wants to translate it, roughly?

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By X_Titans

You have to use the AR app on your smartphone (if you have one) to translate.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Romulus9000

@X_Titans said:

You have to use the AR app on your smartphone (if you have one) to translate.

This.

Although this AR thing is going to irritate a lot of people.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dman1366

if you read at the beginning, it says that you don't HAVE to know what they are saying. I, personally, think it is cool that they were yelling at eachother in russian.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dman1366

what i was upset by is Colossus v Thing. I am fine that colossus won, but he won, partially, becuase the thing couldn't breathe. it even said so in the book. If that is so, how the &^%$ did the thing beat namor underwater?

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nudeviking

@X_Titans: To the App Store! Thanks boss.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992

@Nudeviking: This reminds me of when I was sitting in the theaters watching You Don't Mess With The Zohan, laughing at all the parts in Hebrew because I can speak it... and everyone around me was like looking at me and my brother!! Funny stuff...

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rickbarry

@Dman1366: Eh, I don't think that had to do with him winning. Before he even got exposed to the lack of O2 he took a run at Colossus and did absolutely nothing to the guy. So Colossus just trucked him out of the air area. I have to say I loved Ben's trash talking. He fluffed his pillows!

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CrimsonCake

I want to know what there saying because if I don't I'll feel left out...

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nudeviking

@CrimsonCake said:

I want to know what there saying because if I don't I'll feel left out...

Downloaded the Marvel AR app this morning. Basically the Russian stuff is as follows (not word for word)

Magik: Wolverine used to tell us stories about you when he was drunk about all the people you killed.

Black Widow: They were all true.

(TRASH TALK TRASH TALK TRASH TALK..."Thousands of demons....<you can't kill them all>)

Magik back on the moon: The Phoenix?! What?! What's happening.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

@Dman1366 said:

what i was upset by is Colossus v Thing. I am fine that colossus won, but he won, partially, becuase the thing couldn't breathe. it even said so in the book. If that is so, how the &^%$ did the thing beat namor underwater?

So true!!!!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12  Edited By lorex

Read the issue. Was wondering why did Magik wait till she was back on the moon to use her soul sword or any of her other powers.
    Myresponse to this series so far is Meh.. Yea its cool and all that the heroes are fighting and all but thee AvX seems like it is just a 
    bunch of fanboy bait, because there is no story being told here.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nudeviking

@lorex said:

Read the issue. Was wondering why did Magik wait till she was back on the moon to use her soul sword or any of her other powers. Myresponse to this series so far is Meh.. Yea its cool and all that the heroes are fighting and all but thee AvX seems like it is just a bunch of fanboy bait, because there is no story being told here.

That is the concept of the book. Before they even came out Marvel dudes were like, "AvX Vs. has no story...just heroes punching each other." I haven't picked up any of the other issues in this series, but I like Magik and I like Black Widow and I had some extra cash so I picked this one up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.