AVX a great disappointment!

#1 Posted by darthphoenix (502 posts) - - Show Bio

a. Illogical that super powered beings can't beat the hell out of Captain America.

b. Battle between professor x and Rachel Grey, Obvious that Rachel used both her tk and tp to attack professor x. since when does great tp deflect a concussive force such as that?

c. Why would Jean turn Cyclops into a Dark Phoenix if she really is the Phoenix force herself?

#2 Edited by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

A. You are right there was a ton of illogical use of powers in this series. Very few should have remailed standing when facing off against a Phoenix Force host loosing control and Captain America should not have been one of them. Also Hope should never have been able to channel any power into forming the Iron Fist from just a few days training. I though it took years to do that. Also I really did not like Wanda powers being amplified to equal the power of the Phoenix Force another convienent event that came out in the Avengers favor.

B. As it it has been established before Xavier is the most powerful telepath in the world. Rachel is powerful but not in Xaviers league. Xavier does not have telekenetic powers and should not have been able to  deflect a concussive force blast. Another example of the creators either not knowing or noe caring what Xaviers powers are.

C. I don't know that Jean intended for Cyclops to become a host for the Phoenix. As I recall Jean accended to a hight plane of existance and is living in the White Hot Room a transdimensional nexus where other phoenix hosts face challenges beyond the cosmic level. It was never really established why the Phoenix Force was coming to Earth, something the writers left out.

Also I agree AvX was a great disappointment. It was far too long, had too many tie ins and side stories and in my opinion left the X-Men answerable to the Avengers.

#3 Posted by Eternal19 (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel just needs to quit it with the hero vs hero stuff it sells comics easily but, its not really that enjoyable for the fans. I know I would rather read a book where the X-men and the Avengers team up to fight a big enemy.

#4 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

it was alright.

#5 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eternal19 said:

Marvel just needs to quit it with the hero vs hero stuff it sells comics easily but, its not really that enjoyable for the fans. I know I would rather read a book where the X-men and the Avengers team up to fight a big enemy.

I agree. I usually don't like heroes vs. heroes storylines since it's always one side wins and the other side loses.
#6 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think the only X Marvel book I'm reading at this point is X Factor. And I've been an X-Men fan for years and considered them my favorite Marvel book. This whole event just soured me on them and the Avengers.

#7 Posted by darthphoenix (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the hell is jean? why didnt she just come back? legion will be bringing the old x-men to future because xavier died. why bring the old x-men back when you can bring xavier himself? grrrrr

#8 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeans stuck in the white hot room marvels afraid of bringing her back the fan backlash from both fans and detractors would make the writers to afraid to even try to write a good story for her. So we get a faded xerox copy of her that can do what jean never could with a couple of days of kung fu training.

IMHO.

#9 Posted by unicornpuncher (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix said:

b. Battle between professor x and Rachel Grey, Obvious that Rachel used both her tk and tp to attack professor x. since when does great tp deflect a concussive force such as that?

When did Rachel and Prof fight? I missed that.

#10 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a piece of crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.