AvX

#1 Posted by Dman1366 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

I manage to buy this series, and all it's tie-ins, but i am not too thrilled. I do it because i missed issues on House of M, which changed everything, and I regret it. But AvX is a real piece of anti-climatic work. Wolverine continues to piss me off by being a *explicit" traitor, fights that should be won aren't, and most, if not all, tie ins are terrible. This is, by far, the WORST series i have ever read.

The only thing that could redeem this is if the phoenix force completely erases EVERYTHING, and Marvel starts over. (i.e. xmen 1, ironman 1, spiderman 1, ect....) A entire new universe where nothing that has happened has any effect on anything. At least then they can kill a few birds with one stone; get rid of AvX, get rid of the billions of spin off (xmen directed), and start it all again with a clean slate.

in saying this i know many of you will disagree. You will probably say "AvX just started, give it a chance", "That would be copying the new 52", "that's pointless", yadda yadda. This is just what i feel would be the best outcome for Marvel and their comics.

#2 Posted by zexion_armando (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree Marvel should do a little cleaning house (Do we really need those many Xmen series, like you said).

But this arc really hasn't hit its groove yet, so while it does have a bad first act, I do suggest refrain from judging its fully event impact till we see the aftermath. Not everything can hit the ground running, sometimes it needs sometime to build up (And destroy really bad artists from ever working again....)

Hell, if Act 2 doesn't save this event, I will give up on it for sure

#3 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want this event to be over. Awful mischaracterizations. I hate big crossover events that run for weeks.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

I just want this event to be over. Awful mischaracterizations. I hate big crossover events that run for weeks.

This just switch the teams up again and lets be done with it

#5 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@oraclefyre said:

This just switch the teams up again and lets be done with it

Aye. And I didn't think it was possible to make the Phoenix Force more confusing, but they seem to be retconning it without telling us.

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol...So Wolverine snitched. -_-

#7 Posted by fullmetalquach (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I sort of agree. Wolverine obviously doesnt see the phoenix force as something that can be controlled, but its been stopped before and with so many heroes this time and with stark working on a new device to stop it they should give Hope a shot at least.I hope it doesnt erase all the events on 616 and ends up with Marvel doing a new 52 type thing. And some of the fights are bullshit, but I would hardly call them winning. Like the thing vs namor and magneto vs iron man and even Red Hulk vs Colossus, the thing trapped namor for a little bit and walked away, magneto gave up when he was on the verge of victory and the same goes with Colossus, although i cant say for sure if he wouldve won that if he didnt quit, and i agree with what youre saying about all of the xmen titles, theres a pretty good amount of those

#8 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (966 posts) - - Show Bio

a very weird series, I fully agree we need a reset in marvel because all the "events" have been rapid fire and all they have down is make things worse

How many "shake the marvel universe to its core" story lines do we need in a 5 yr span?

as a reader I haven't been able to catch my breath and digest all the stuff since Avengers Dissembled and M-Day,Civil War,Fear Itself,Siege,Schism...ugh

it's funny DC really didn't need Flashpoint and The 52, Marvel needs one in the worse way!

#9 Posted by AlaNocturna (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The main book isn't at all helped by the art of John Romita Jr. Don't get me wrong, i like his kick-ass and spidey work but I don't think having him draw the main title was a great idea. At least give us Jimmy Cheung!

#10 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not down for the fight results. The Avengers are kicking butt, which is totally unrealistic. Thing beating Namor underwater? Uh no.

I get that Captain America and Spiderman were going to win due to popularity, but Iron Man vs. Magneto? Oh no sir.

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mrfuzzynutz said:

a very weird series, I fully agree we need a reset in marvel because all the "events" have been rapid fire and all they have down is make things worse

How many "shake the marvel universe to its core" story lines do we need in a 5 yr span?

as a reader I haven't been able to catch my breath and digest all the stuff since Avengers Dissembled and M-Day,Civil War,Fear Itself,Siege,Schism...ugh

it's funny DC really didn't need Flashpoint and The 52, Marvel needs one in the worse way!

Agree! Marvel is just putting out too many events lately and it's getting harder to understand what is happening in the stories. AvX is definitely evidence of putting out too many events as the characters here don't seem to know what they are doing.
#12 Posted by Night Thrasher (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrfuzzynutz: I think the main point of "New 52" was continuity. And in terms of continuity DC was the worst. You had characters with upwards of three to four continuity origins and alt. earths that confused the crap out of casual fans. Marvel has always had that edge. The problem with Marvel has been lackluster events and single-minded direction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.