Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Avengers vs xmen most powerful out of 5

jaraisrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

guys do you think cyclops was more powerful than any of the potential phonixes in the five. which of the phoenix five would be most powerful with full phoenix force i vote emma frost more than magik

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik was going insane with the power very quickly, and not her normal controlled insanity. She seemed more likely to destroy herself then be able to put power to use. But stats say it would be her since bringing entire parts of Limbo to Earth is something she could do before the phoenix.

Emma though was showing how strong she could be, while also having the most traditional Phoenix powers so probably a cool second.

Cyclops seemed to have the most emotional and physical control over himself and the power, plus he seemed to be the dominant one of the group....so he's third but in a fight i see him taking on any of the other phoenix's and winning.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd certainly put Namor and Colossus at last place and 2nd last - their power sets are just so limited as a base for the Phoenix to build upon.

Cyclops in Third, certainly. He has strong powers originally, with a phoenix boost they're like WOAH... but... still limited compared to Emma and Illyana. His tactical mind seems a bit of a contradiction to the Raging Chaos of the Phoenix. I suspect he could take any of the others, except maybe Magik whose volatility and magical attributes are a bit beyond prediction.

Emma in Second seems right. She stomped Thor with only her 5th of the PF. She's more inimately familiar with the Phoenix than even Scott - being a host before (even if ultimately she was unable to contain it all that time, she clearly was able to manage half of it by the time it was down to just her and Scott - and likely she'd do better as the single vessel this time around, learning things from containing The Void perhaps). Pushing her powers to the full psionic range also makes her significantly more dangerous.

Magik would certainly be the most powerful i think, if not Emma. Magic and the Phoenix don't seem to mix well... but then, it might have been Magik herself that was the problem. PF bringing out the darkness even quicker.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cyclops in first place and by a large margin. People underestimate his incredible will power and intelligence.

Namor next, because he is used to extreme power.

Emma a close third. I could be convinced to place her second, though.

Magik fourth. She's already powerful as it is, but with Phoenix, it would have eaten her alive in time.

Colossus last, only because he is too much a protector than a destroyer.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the phoenix lends power/energy to its host. the amount of power varies. jean loves cyclops most, im sure he had the most amount of power from the phoenix

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont really want to state who would win but to me Emma seemed really powerful in AvsX as she had a one on one fight with Thor and won. I liked the comment about magik as she seemed to go corrupt very quickly, which is a surprise as you would think her dealing with dark powers would help her control them. Also Namor takes on a city alone, he's pretty strong if you ask me.

jaraisrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how would scott win wouldnt emma be able to burn his mind and can his optic blast beat her organic diamond form i mean she beat thor ( not sure if thor actually tried his hardest) these battles would be each one having full phoenix force

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think all of them had tp and tk when they had FRAGMENTS of the phoenix force. I just realized that the reason why the phoenix force doesn't go dark phoenix mode on jean, rachel or hope is because they are omega level mutants. They were hosts, but jean's case is different, she already merged with the force. emma(on endsong) and scott went dark phoenix because the phoenix possessed them. they were just mere shells for the PF

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only gold idea of this sh!tstorm of event were actually P5. The characters they chose? Perfect. Just perfect.

I'd certainly put Namor and Colossus at last place and 2nd last - their power sets are just so limited as a base for the Phoenix to build upon.

Cyclops in Third, certainly. He has strong powers originally, with a phoenix boost they're like WOAH... but... still limited compared to Emma and Illyana. His tactical mind seems a bit of a contradiction to the Raging Chaos of the Phoenix. I suspect he could take any of the others, except maybe Magik whose volatility and magical attributes are a bit beyond prediction.

Emma in Second seems right. She stomped Thor with only her 5th of the PF. She's more inimately familiar with the Phoenix than even Scott - being a host before (even if ultimately she was unable to contain it all that time, she clearly was able to manage half of it by the time it was down to just her and Scott - and likely she'd do better as the single vessel this time around, learning things from containing The Void perhaps). Pushing her powers to the full psionic range also makes her significantly more dangerous.

Magik would certainly be the most powerful i think, if not Emma. Magic and the Phoenix don't seem to mix well... but then, it might have been Magik herself that was the problem. PF bringing out the darkness even quicker.

This is so random. You vote by what should be and not by what actually happened. What does exactly put Magik over others? I would like to see some scans.

@ms-lola said:

Cyclops in first place and by a large margin. People underestimate his incredible will power and intelligence.

Namor next, because he is used to extreme power.

Emma a close third. I could be convinced to place her second, though.

Magik fourth. She's already powerful as it is, but with Phoenix, it would have eaten her alive in time.

Colossus last, only because he is too much a protector than a destroyer.

Seems legit, I'd put Emma over Namor (though he was also impressive as hell) as she was more... subtle I think, but with a flaw, she stopped entering Thor's mind when he threatened her. :(

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same order for me.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its worth noting that based on Endsong the phoenix can feed and grow stronger off the energy of Scotts optic blasts....and while Scotts original power set probably the weakest out of the 5, he was by far the most in control of himself and his thoughts (though by the time he and Emma were splitting it he had forgotten WHY he was controlling himself).

Magik and Colossus would both likely be the most powerful had they been in more control of themselves like Scott was. We already know a Demon Lords power within their realm is near absolute, and Magik was able to raise Limbo to earth. Piotr still had the unstoppable power of the Juggernaut, more than Cain often had. But both were very unstable and prone to manipulation.

What made Scott and Emma more dangerous was that while they were corrupted, they were still more in control than the others, and had more previous experience with the PF.

jaraisrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all have an equal amount of the Phoenix Force, right? I mean we can't compare Scott at the end of AvX as he had all five of the fragments compared to everyone else having 1/5 or 1/2.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Colossus would have the most power between all of them as he was the avatar of two forces. Cyttorak/Phoenix trumps any others without the phoenix itself. Cyclops would likely fall in at number two as he's well...friggin' Cyclops. Magik would be the third most powerful, but she's kind of a sleeper. Apparently she can negate the gem of cyttorak if the fight took place in limbo. Emma would fall to fourth and Namor would be fifth. Namor displayed quite a bit in attacking Wakanda, but I think any of the P5 could have done what he did and wouldn't have lost their fragment to the avengers.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaraisrogers:

he did...that was an example of how Piotr was a bit more unstable than Scott was. In raw power, while all split the PF he and Illyana would be the strongest as Colossus was still the juggernaut and Illyana was and still is the lord of limbo. The reason I might hesitate to put them directly above the others though is that due to their instability they likely would not have as much control as Scott would and would also be prone to manipulation.

Just looking at power alone though, Colossus and Magic were likely at the top between the 5.

jaraisrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: but if emma frost had all the phoenix she could just incinerate every mind on the planet right...wouldnt that make her the most powerful

jaraisrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor: yeah but no one else did something like that sooo does colossus have reality warping powers with the phoenix force

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Warhammer

How about the original Phoenix (Jean)? Would she be more powerful than Cyclops? Can someone emotional can be stronger than someone emotionlessness? Should I write all my sentences with question? Just asking.

jaraisrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warhammer: read about the stepford cuckoos and their phoenix

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about the original Phoenix (Jean)? Would she be more powerful than Cyclops? Can someone emotional can be stronger than someone emotionlessness? Should I write all my sentences with question? Just asking.

yes and idk because scott said he was more in control then jean when he had a "chat" with jean on the moon.

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warhammer said:

yes and idk because scott said he was more in control then jean when he had a "chat" with jean on the moon.

I guess I'll need to find that out.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@warhammer said:

I guess I'll need to find that out.

it was the infinity line you can only read online on a phone or youtube

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.