Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Astonishing X-Men ''Torn'' question

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jojo111

Ok.... I've been caught up with X-Men for about a year now and i've read almost everything they've had to offer in this century and a little from last century, but I started watching Astonishing X-Men motion comics, as a substitute for the non existing, yet :), xmen television show :(. Watching this only reminded me how confusing this arc was, I don't understand the whole Emma being in the hellfire club, but there's twi emmas, can someone just explain it to me, its' irritated me since i've read it lol

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

Negasonic, Ellie, Shaw and Perfection ( Other Emma) were actually psionic projections created by Emma under Cassandra's influence. Cassandra Nova had placed a portion of her mind in Emma's, she played on her fears, doubts and guilt.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Pretty much what x_29 said. Emma Frost was feeling guilty about surviving the destruction of Genosha and Cassandra Nova was playing on those feelings. I admit that I was really confused when I first read that arc, but after I read New X-Men, it started making more sense in the end.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@x_29 said:

Negasonic, Ellie, Shaw and Perfection ( Other Emma) were actually psionic projections created by Emma under Cassandra's influence. Cassandra Nova had placed a portion of her mind in Emma's, she played on her fears, doubts and guilt.

Pretty much what x_29 said. Emma Frost was feeling guilty about surviving the destruction of Genosha and Cassandra Nova was playing on those feelings. I admit that I was really confused when I first read that arc, but after I read New X-Men, it started making more sense in the end.

The other Emma (Perfection) was how Emma saw herself through other people's eyes (because she can literally do that), as she had been before, when she was a ruthless villain.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i think ive had to read that arc 3 times (and read about it online) to fully get it hahaha. you are not alone

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think the Torn arc was the most confusing arc in the entire run of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Regardless of if Torn wasn't clear to follow, it came from Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, so it's still great :D.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, me too. At first I didn't understand everything about it, then I read New X-Men and I understood much of it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Regardless of if Torn wasn't clear to follow, it came from Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run, so it's still great :D.

haha! I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, but I agree with this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.