Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Astonishing X-Men: Gifted Video Review

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Edited By Rabbitearsblog

This is my video review on Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men: Gifted. Feel free to tell me what you think about this video!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Bump.

emperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By emperium

Cool review, but for someone like me coming into X-men comics real cold, it would have been great to have a little context. Searching around helped out with that though. I would love to check this out, but I am currently going through X-Men(1991 - Volume 2) and at issue 40ish. Seems like (according to the internet) Volume 3 of Astonishing X-men is a continuation of Grant Morrison's New X-Men. So it seems like I got about 100 issues of reading to catch up on, before buying that Hardcover of Astonishing (issues 1-24). Unless of course the ongoing is still amazing, then I might consider tracking down the issues.

I'll be on X-men hiatus until the hardcover of AoA is released on March 7th. That way I can continue reading my volume 2 issues without being left in the dark.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@emperium said:

Cool review, but for someone like me coming into X-men comics real cold, it would have been great to have a little context. Searching around helped out with that though. I would love to check this out, but I am currently going through X-Men(1991 - Volume 2) and at issue 40ish. Seems like (according to the internet) Volume 3 of Astonishing X-men is a continuation of Grant Morrison's New X-Men. So it seems like I got about 100 issues of reading to catch up on, before buying that Hardcover of Astonishing (issues 1-24). Unless of course the ongoing is still amazing, then I might consider tracking down the issues.

I'll be on X-men hiatus until the hardcover of AoA is released on March 7th. That way I can continue reading my volume 2 issues without being left in the dark.

Thanks! I actually reviewed Astonishing X-Men "Dangerous," "Torn" and "Unstoppable" on YouTube also, so check those out too! :D

I agree that this series would be hard to follow if you haven't read Grant Morrison's run on "New X-Men." To be honest, I've actually read Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men after I've read Joss Whedon's run on "Astonishing X-Men," which was why "Torn" sort of confused me at first but after I read Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men, I started to understand the story a bit more.

emperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By emperium

I managed to score a HUGE deal (I think). Bought Astonishing X-Men issues 1-30 + giantsize for $25! I don't think there was any way to say no to that even though it will be quite a while before I get to read them. Just out of curiosity, how is Astonishing X-Men after issue 24? Is it worth continuing as an ongoing?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@emperium said:

I managed to score a HUGE deal (I think). Bought Astonishing X-Men issues 1-30 + giantsize for $25! I don't think there was any way to say no to that even though it will be quite a while before I get to read them. Just out of curiosity, how is Astonishing X-Men after issue 24? Is it worth continuing as an ongoing?

I've actually stopped reading "Astonishing X-Men" after Joss Whedon and John Cassaday left, so I'm not really sure what is going on in "Astonishing" right now, although I have heard that many people didn't really like "Astonishing" after Joss Whedon and John Cassaday left.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.