Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

are you guys worried about.....

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the upcoming avengers event "time runs out"???????

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

No. They have proven the timeline of Marvel is not fluid or set it stone. If this the lead-in to Secret Wars, it will not truly matter after the battles and the refresh. The storyline itself is pretty solid so it is a good ramp up to the newness to come.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. They have proven the timeline of Marvel is not fluid or set it stone. If this the lead-in to Secret Wars, it will not truly matter after the battles and the refresh. The storyline itself is pretty solid so it is a good ramp up to the newness to come.

hey i actually got your notification!!!!! ^_^

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

From the solicitations I've read for Secret Wars make me a worried. It seems like the new Battle World will be made from pieces of destroyed Earths from parallel universes. So it could mean that the Avengers and New Avengers both fail...hence the "everything dies" tag line in New Avengers. But Secret Wars will come down to the heroes of 616 universe winning and having their Earth brought back to how it was once was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the solicitations I've read for Secret Wars make me a worried. It seems like the new Battle World will be made from pieces of destroyed Earths from parallel universes. So it could mean that the Avengers and New Avengers both fail...hence the "everything dies" tag line in New Avengers. But Secret Wars will come down to the heroes of 616 universe winning and having their Earth brought back to how it was once was.

That actually doesn't sound too bad.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis' plans for Uncanny are set for the Summer. And considering his place in the Marvel hierarchy I doubt it would screw up what he's building towards. So I'm reasonably relaxed...

.then again Quicksilver and Scarlet witch are the children of some unknown entity..so for all I know the X-Men will all die in a tragic step ladder accident and the O5 will have to restart the X-Men from scratch.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just frustrated with Marvel right now and really don't know what to think or how to feel about this.

By the way I thought everything was leading to Secret Wars. Is Bendis being allowed to just ignore everything and do his own thing?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: We know very little about Secret Wars. Once we get more of which characters and teams and tie in will be part of it, then you can see what will be affected during the event.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt anyone is above having Secret War refresh their title but (and sales rightly so) Bendis will probably have dibs or a large say in the direction following. My thought is that is why so many liberties and controversial moves are being taken across the major Marvel titles at the moment. The ones with the most positive response will be blended, the others can go back to a new status afterward. Great business plan actually, you can flip the script now and either relish or relinquish the results in an upcoming event.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EC2277

@humanrocket said:

Yes, seem that Secret Wars 2015 will be more similar to Amalgam than the Original Secret Wars.

@koays said:

Bendis' plans for Uncanny are set for the Summer. And considering his place in the Marvel hierarchy I doubt it would screw up what he's building towards. So I'm reasonably relaxed...

.then again Quicksilver and Scarlet witch are the children of some unknown entity..so for all I know the X-Men will all die in a tragic step ladder accident and the O5 will have to restart the X-Men from scratch.

Really do you think that?

I think you could be right: the plot of the Original 5 seem a too long therm project and too ambitious, to conclude it with a banal return in the past of the Original 5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

sweet jesus

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I'm just frustrated with Marvel right now and really don't know what to think or how to feel about this.

By the way I thought everything was leading to Secret Wars. Is Bendis being allowed to just ignore everything and do his own thing?

All we know is what he's said. And he keeps referencing all the big plans he has for uncanny this summer and how we're seeing the set up for it right now.

@ec2277 said:

Really do you think that?

I think you could be right: the plot of the Original 5 seem a too long therm project and too ambitious, to conclude it with a banal return in the past of the Original 5.

I gave up trying to figure out why the O5 were here a long time ago. For as likely it is that they are part of one giant longterm plan or another (from rebooting X-Men to just replacing one character) it's just as likely that they are only around as an interesting talking point and sales gimmick like Doc Ock taking over Spiderman.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EC2277

@koays: Staff, please give the button "I like it" to this man, so I don't have to write "I agree" every times.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@koays: Staff, please give the button "I like it" to this man, so I don't have to write "I agree" every times.

LOL now that's something I can agree with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Times run Event out on X-Men? I amn´t worry about that, unless X-Men goes route as Fantastic Four.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Not really

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sort of.... Ya... The x-men in particular, marvel has been f*cking around lately so i am worried, even a dude with precog can't know where they are heading.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: there is gonna be many events according to the teasers coming out, and am sure 2 will affect the universe, reboot? Nope, retcon? They already did that to wanda and pietro, "everything ends" bothers me the most, especially when i think of the it, always thinking of marvel's damned plan for the 616.

My best guess is they are destroying some universes and sending characters to other universes, or just gonna merge some universe up like d.c created new earth.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@gizmorino: I know where they are going: they are going to the dogs! If their best selling x-book is All New X-Men (I think it is also one of the most sold in absolute), is thirtieth and lost reader every month, they have a great problem. Maybe they want do some kind of reboot, in order to relaunch their titles give to the news potential readers a very starting point, but with a different strategy in comparison to DC.

I don't know, but I think Secret Wars 2015 will be the turning point to understand their strategy.

Well if the chart from diamond is in anyway truthful, Marvel sure as heck isn't going to the 'dog house' as you put it with its 37% market share of comics being sold and because their film-group is doing phenomenally well atm. its not even a large concern for the group as whole if the comics side loses short time revenues.

In the long term its a whole different ball game but I'm not worried about this event being some kind of "total reboot". I think its more likely to trim down the universes, character rosters and storylines back into something more manageable from all the time travelling craziness and galaxy destroying that's been going on for the past 5 years.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: Yes, I think they could do something like that.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EC2277

@sinikettu: Yes, I used words too strong (as usual), but I'm worried about the trend: if I remember well the first issue of All New X-Men sold 120,000 books and now it sells 60,000 books (I think the correct word is copies, but I am not sure about that) and I don't think it is good, because that means the others titles have lower sales.

Obviously maybe I'm wrong, because I don't know the reality of your comics market.

In Italy there is the concrete risk to see the end of the publication of the american and japanese comic books.

P.S. I have delete the post because it was a bad post. ;-)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

But in the Beyonder's Secret Wars the winner will have their greatest desire/wish granted, so it could end with everything being fine.

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
    TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TearoftheDragon

I think we will have 2 universes one with and one without the mutants.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tearofthedragon: nice idea

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: Literaly everything. Also a huge headache if you try to understand what we are doing.
    What mean "Every dead character": every dead character will resurrect or every character will die?
    Maybe both.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gizmorino

@ec2277: @hopesumersforthefuture: that's why i said even a dude with precog can't know where they are heading, this one has my head down, i just think they are gonna destroy some universes and crossover some characters, or just merge some universes destroy some, kill some characters, resurrect some characters.

Man marvel are just f*cking around

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: @hopesumersforthefuture: that's why i said even a dude with precog can't know where they are heading, this one has my head down, i just think they are gonna destroy some universes and crossover some characters, or just merge some universes destroy some, kill some characters, resurrect some characters.

Man marvel are just f*cking around

then there is the age of ultron vs marvel zombies maybe they mean zombies in every dead character or another way to bring wolverine back, lol

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Really? All 3000 Marvel characters, really? If we get a spot for the 300 most well known I'm happy. And it would still look like Deadpool's wedding which had "only" 250+ characters displayed.

Just saying.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: every past event reminds me of secret wars from different timelines because time is broken

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes, that is what I think it will happen: the spacetime continuum will break and every different reality will collapse in a single word. Then

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Teerack
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: i cant remember it was either on comicbook resources or tumblr

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gizmorino

@hopesummersforthefuture: @teerack: @ec2277: man i just hope it is fake. Seriously it's not like new readers want the new stuffs, they want to know the history, backstory and past of the characters and universes, not a new ones.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EC2277

@gizmorino: Yes the new readers want know all that you have said. But if a new reader have to read ten years of stories to understand the current ones (like he should do to understand All New X-Men or other titles strictly bonded with "Avenger versus X-Men"), then he isn't a new reader but a lost reader. I don't think Marvel want delete all the past like DC did with the event "New 52". But maybe it want create in someway a new starting point; a true starting point.

It could be useful because in the 2016 will be relased the movie "X-Men: Apocalypse", with the original and young X-Men and I think Marvel will want offer to the viewier of the movie a title with atmosphere similar to those of the movie, with the same character and without an excessively complex background.

Moreover the title "Secret Wars" make me assume that event could not interrupt the plots of the regular series, exaclty like the original "Secret Wars". But probably I'm wrong because this isn't a fake:

No Caption Provided

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: ya, am a new d.c reader, i started with the new52 because it was the recent reboot with new history, when i started with marvel i started with the recent important event that happened, "messiah complex" and am still following the xmen till now, so as if am a new reader and am to buy a marvel book now it's axis am gonna start with, though my first marvel story arc was "annihilation war" the first one when rider became nova prime.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: That goes so hard against the structure of the marvel universe, and the statements of the editor and chief and various other creators i wouldn't bank on it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Teerack

@gizmorino said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: @teerack: @ec2277: man i just hope it is fake. Seriously it's not like new readers want the new stuffs, they want to know the history, backstory and past of the characters and universes, not a new ones.

I can confirm it is fake and was just some laughably edited tumblr post.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EC2277

@teerack: I know. In fact it was only an ipothesys: if we will have a kind of reboot after Secret Wars 2015, it would be something like "Crisis on the infinite Earths"; if there will be a reboot and no one know that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.