Are Wolverine, Storm, and Emma the only X-men apart of AoU?

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

How do we feel about this? AoU seems to be the Avengers freeloading off major X-men stories (again): Age of Apocalypse and Days of Future past. Just replace the sentinels with Ultron drones.

Is anyone kinda ticked Wolverine and Emma are practically the only two X-men on this event? And it seems Storm has a small role along with Captain America and Red Hulk. (Don't get me wrong, I love Storm, but this is cast is crap...)

It may be a bit early to call, but I guess by now I should be used to Every Event to focus around the Avengers... Heaven forbid otherwise... *smh*

As an X-men fan-- I want more.. especially because the x-men got the shaft in AvX.. Maybe this event will tie into other X-men books like AvX did?

#2 Edited by Teerack (5814 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Cyclops and Cable up front.

Also this image has pictures of Nightcrawler, Professor X, Cyclops, and Iceman. It even has a message next to the picture of Vulture that says "Check him Xavier" as if he's alive. I'm thinking Kang and characters getting pulled from other time lines will be a huge factor in this.

#3 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: So far, Wolverine & Emma. With smaller roles to Storm, Cyclops, Cable.. and nods to the other characters. (Random, but why is juggernaut on here?)

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Tf ?

Why are you making a big fuss over a Bendis-penned event ? Why on Earth would anyone make a big fuss over an event where Bendis is the masthead ? Wasn't AvX enough ?

And by the looks of it, canonical characters aren't the ones being featured in this outside of Wolverine, Emma Frost, Beast and Rogue.

#5 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

Tf ?

Why are you making a big fuss over a Bendis-penned event ? Why on Earth would anyone make a big fuss over an event where Bendis is the masthead ? Wasn't AvX enough ?

And by the looks of it, canonical characters aren't the ones being featured in this outside of Wolverine, Emma Frost, Beast and Rogue.

Agreed, and so much win. Well done.
#6 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that they will not make AoU tie-in in every marvel on going series because im not getting this event.

#7 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

So far yes.

#8 Edited by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam said:

I hope that they will not make AoU tie-in in every marvel on going series because im not getting this event.

Word.

mostly I'm just hoping that, like AvsX, it stays out of Wood's X-men.

If it was just an Avengers cross over I might check it out, since I read three Avengers books right now anyway, but I feel way too burned by the last big event, and so far this one looks worse. I imagine I'll probably just stop reading a few books for a few months and do my best to ignore it.

These things are never going stop happening all the time if we all keep buying them.

#9 Posted by Veitha (3034 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Tf ?

I haven't understood if it is set in 616 Universe or not. Maybe it's just another Age of Apocalipse or Age of X and none of them are canonical characters??

#10 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: the trailers have implied that it is in cannon, but much of the teaser art seems to suggest otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=22pr7ODoveI

#11 Posted by Veitha (3034 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: meh. I hoped it was set in another reality

#12 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha: yeah, I guess I do too, but mostly I just really don't care.

#13 Posted by csguterres (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of Ultron will probably suck.

I'm looking forward to Hickman's INFINITY

#14 Posted by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

uh so is this a mini series or ongoing? cause unlike most mini series you can subscribe to it on the marvel site, which makes me believe its ongoing, which is uh scary?

#15 Posted by judasnixon (6478 posts) - - Show Bio

Did half of cyclops's face got burnt up, or did he lose a bet with Storm and had to get a Mohawk?

#16 Posted by Teerack (5814 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Probably because they'll be more desperate in this event than they were in Fear It's Self.

#17 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@Teerack: So far, Wolverine & Emma. With smaller roles to Storm, Cyclops, Cable.. and nods to the other characters. (Random, but why is juggernaut on here?)

smaller role for Storm? didn't she appeared on covers more than Emma?

#18 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, to be honest I'm really waiting for this Event. Still, from some of the previews, and the recent trailer, I stick to the opinion that AU will be some kind of alternate reality, because some of the characters look nothing like the 616 version, or show changes that we know probably won't be permanent.

Anyways, yeah, waiting for it, and I really hope Emma has an important role. Some Sue & Emma interactions would be awesome.

#19 Edited by Teerack (5814 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: You can't tell that much from a cover. I'm pretty sure Ironfist/daredevil wasn't on any civil war covers yet he was a huge part of Cap's anti-reg team.

#20 Posted by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this will have the Avengers kids like in What If? and that one movie from that one time? I liked those.

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: She also appeared on nearly every Uncanny X-Men cover during Fraction's run and didn't do sh!t so I wouldn't get your Storm panties in a twist.

@AgeofHurricane said:

Tf ?

<3

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer to be optimistic

#23 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad both Sue and Emma have roles in this event. I enjoy seeing two of marvels leading ladies get in on some of the action.

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Storm will survive til the end of the story

#25 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does Age of Ultron seem forced and out of place. There's really nothing leading up to it and we're not that far away plus it just seems like such a non-organic direction to go for the way things are currently going in the Marvel Universe.

I read somewhere it was supposed to happen last year instead of AvX so that could be why the timing just feels so off. Idk, maybe I'm just jaded on events...

That being said, let's just be glad it involves any X-Men at all besides just Wolverine. With so many Marvel characters they could go with, seeing as it seems to be affecting the whole world, three in the boat seems pretty fair.

#26 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Tf ?

House of M was pretty good, IMO.

Still, not bothered by this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.