Are they their own worst enemy

#1 Posted by ALT (152 posts) - - Show Bio

All they do is argue fight & sabotage each other I mutants Damn their almost as bad as Jerseyians

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio

As a person from NJ I can honestly say, having mutant powers is awesome and fighting amongst each other is a small compromise

#3 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

New Jersey is Earth's dumpster.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes mutants are rather human aren't they.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is a waste of space.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

You just mad cause of the Jersey comment. xP.

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

Nope, not even American.

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

Nope, not even American.

...At least I tried.

#9 Posted by comicanimelover (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@ALT: i think of it like this, imagine if politions had superpowers and we already know that most of the time they bicker and argue over diferent viewpoints. it would be so fun to be president and have superpowers :)

#10 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ebbm said:

Your face is the earths dumpster
#11 Posted by ALT (152 posts) - - Show Bio

OK!!...a delicate subject for everyone what i meant by jerseyians was Jersey Shore , the rest are NJ Americans.

1. Teenagers have hormone problems, control issues yada yadaa yadaa

2. Adults strong beliefs (cyclops was always hardcore, wolverine was eat drink be merry for tomorrow we die) yada yadaa yadaa

3. Throw in Super powers egos politics,human stupidity greed & laziness & you have a cook pot of Crazy

(main problem is the Xmen have no authority, the kids see them as teachers. They don't see them as cops or judges which is what the Xmen need)

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio
@ALT said:

OK!!...a delicate subject for everyone what i meant by jerseyians was Jersey Shore , the rest are NJ Americans.

9/10 of the cast of the Jersey Shore.....aren't even from NJ

I wish the world would get that through their heads......
#13 Posted by ALT (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ALT said:

9/10 of the cast of the Jersey Shore.....aren't even from NJ I wish the world would get that through their heads......

I hear that bro...XD but it's the diff your from NJ if you live long enough in a place you can say your a New yorker or LA Godless heathen

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio
@ALT said:

@cattlebattle said:

@ALT said:

9/10 of the cast of the Jersey Shore.....aren't even from NJ I wish the world would get that through their heads......

I hear that bro...XD but it's the diff your from NJ if you live long enough in a place you can say your a New yorker or LA Godless heathen

true, none the less.....its a scripted, fake show, that represents people from this state horribly....a bunch of dum-witted guidos. There actually is people like that, but NJ has the same amount of our "shameful" population than any other state does. We are actually the most densely populated state in the US and have people living here from all over the world, my current residence is in a hispanic dominated neighborhood
#15 Edited by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ebbm said:

bet you don't have the balls to say where your from

@cattlebattle said:

@Ebbm said:

Haha exactly, douche bag probably has never even been to new jersey to make the claim

#16 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction91 said:

@Ebbm said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Ebbm said:

Haha exactly, douche bag probably has never even been to new jersey to make the claim

People from New Jersey have very low self esteem apparently. I have worked in New Jersey and been to it many times, its a bunch of suburbs and freeways and way too many people, a lot of whom are total a*sholes. The cost of living is ridiculous, too. I live in PA.

#17 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot to add horrible drivers! And Chris Christie!

#18 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ebbm said:

@nonfiction91 said:

@Ebbm said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Ebbm said:

People from New Jersey have very low self esteem apparently. I have worked in New Jersey and been to it many times, its a bunch of suburbs and freeways and way too many people, a lot of whom are total a*sholes. The cost of living is ridiculous, too. I live in PA.

Not even going to comment on that self esteem jab, too easy.

If that's really your outlook than you are just flat out anti-social. You come to a state our size packed with as many people,that should be expected. As for the asshole comment, not true at all, some of the nicest people live here and come from here, we just have a even ratio of douche and nice, where as PA just seems to be a bunch of softies. (first hand opinion)

true

@Ebbm said:

I forgot to add horrible drivers! And Chris Christie!

I got nothing on that one, then again theres more than a few crappy PA drivers, you guys fill in during the summers and holidays, and drive slow as all hell, not to mention it seems like you just found out there was such thing as a freeway. I sometimes wonder if you guys are all born amish and then weened into normal society.

f#ck chris christie

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ebbm said:

@nonfiction91 said:

\The cost of living is ridiculous, too.

Well, other than the generalizing drivel you just wrote...amen to this
#20 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@@nonfiction91: Don't you dare make fun of the Amish

#21 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Yep, but New Jersey jobs do pay more. That's why my parents moved from New Jersey but kept their jobs. Benefit of lower living cost of PA with higher NJ salaries.

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (13406 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ebbm said:

@cattlebattle: Yep, but New Jersey jobs do pay more. That's why my parents moved from New Jersey but kept their jobs. Benefit of lower living cost of PA with higher NJ salaries.

NY and NJ are obscenely pricey, you can buy a house in more southern states for the cost  of a small 1 bedroom around here...
#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

No the world that hates and fears them is their worst enemy

#24 Posted by SC (13405 posts) - - Show Bio

Even despite moving on, Matt Fraction is still their worse enemy, and will only ever stop being their worse enemy if Bendis teams up with Greg Land to deliver us depressingly cliche writing with a scary massive post orgasmic bliss smile. 

#25 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Not to mention how expensive Massachusetts is.

#26 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ebbm said:

R u Amish!?

#27 Posted by Ebbm (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Ebbm said:

R u Amish!?

If I was I'd be going to hell for using this computer.

#28 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at the broken state they're in now.

#29 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, they've always been that way. They hid out in a hidden sanctuary undermining their mission to inspire peaceful coexistence with homo sapiens, created battle teams and strike forces whom picked & chose when to take part in the greater superhero community making them undependable and in general, have concentrated more on internecine personal grudges than actually building bridges with human society.

The closest they came to being successful was under Morrison's New X-Men and for a while, Utopia.

@comicanimelover said:

@ALT: i think of it like this, imagine if politions had superpowers and we already know that most of the time they bicker and argue over diferent viewpoints. it would be so fun to be president and have superpowers :)

That is a scary example, because it is so apt. I sometimes think of the X-Men as political organizers who have no idea how to organize themselves or accomplish anything without resorting to unruly protests. And like any politician, their individual short shortsightedness illustrates how shallow and gross they are as people - Storm, for example, could easily become a dictator withholding rain from countries until they agree to her demands, or she could be a peaceful aid to farmers, bringing rain to areas where there is drought and working with scientists to push the boundaries of our weather prediction technology, provide insights into climate change and etc. Instead, she does nothing, besides make sunny weather for her to sunbathe in and use her powers to foil a bunch of thugs with guns. It's a waste of power.

For such a noble mission statement, they engage in such petty behaviors with the powers that they have.

#30 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Ebbm said:

NY and NJ are obscenely pricey, you can buy a house in more southern states for the cost of a small 1 bedroom around here...

too true

@Ebbm said:

XD "we are the chosen people...we do not use the devils tools! and by devils tools we mean everything made after 1820 and before 1602" XD

#31 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ebbm said:

@papad1992 said:

@Ebbm said:

R u Amish!?

If I was I'd be going to hell for using this computer.

Hahaha! :P

#32 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Even despite moving on, Matt Fraction is still their worse enemy, and will only ever stop being their worse enemy if Bendis teams up with Greg Land to deliver us depressingly cliche writing with a scary massive post orgasmic bliss smile.

I could cry.

Greatest. Comment. Ever.

I actually tend to agree, in the sense that the X-Men's greatest enemy is bad writing. They and their respective books could flourish and have SOO much potential. We see this thanks to many fantastic writer's. Morrison, despite destroying a lot of Mutants, brought it back to square one. He did this well enough that the contrast of how strong and good Mutants were shone, at least to the reader. It showed that they are just like many other minorities. Persecuted, hated, and often feared. And just like them, they have weaknesses and human tendencies.

Or, they can be exploited and be turned into 2-face characters that cry in whimsy all day about the same things. Everything with the X-Men at the moment seems to be going no-where, excluding PAD's X-Factor. He is developing characters, and I have faith that if HE were using Emma Frost, she wouldn't just be the mannequin who follows Scott around and seldom has anything to say, unless she wants to complain or be crude. Where's the intelligence?

Professional Comic Book writer's shouldn't be put on books without a firm understanding, or a realised application of the characters they are going to use.

#33 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: Unfortunately, the majority of comic book writers are not good writers nor are they that imaginative. I don't think most comic writers actually study writing, which is why the good ones shine so brightly. For example, it takes a very special writer, 70's - 80's era Claremont or a Grant Morrison, to really communicate what certain super powers can do: Claremont foresaw the possibility for a telekinetic to re-arrange atoms to change clothes or manipulate genes years before Morrison, while Morrison really nailed what a telepath could do to the unconscious nervous system. Morrison really stretched the idea of what a mutant could be and do, going so far as to show a mutated reproductive system and the resulting children. Bad writers tend to fumble with powers that go beyond super strength. How often do comic writers have every storyline devolve into punches, generic energy blasts, grunting and big guns while the less physically focused superheroes are drawn in the background? Pretty often.

#34 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Hawkeye446: Unfortunately, the majority of comic book writers are not good writers nor are they that imaginative. I don't think most comic writers actually study writing, which is why the good ones shine so brightly. For example, it takes a very special writer, 70's - 80's era Claremont or a Grant Morrison, to really communicate what certain super powers can do: Claremont foresaw the possibility for a telekinetic to re-arrange atoms to change clothes or manipulate genes years before Morrison, while Morrison really nailed what a telepath could do to the unconscious nervous system. Morrison really stretched the idea of what a mutant could be and do, going so far as to show a mutated reproductive system and the resulting children. Bad writers tend to fumble with powers that go beyond super strength. How often do comic writers have every storyline devolve into punches, generic energy blasts, grunting and big guns while the less physically focused superheroes are drawn in the background? Pretty often.

SO true and so well said. Thank you for that.

#35 Posted by HolySerpent (12823 posts) - - Show Bio

New Jersey is the best place on Earth....haters going to hate

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.