Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Are they more popular than Wolverine and Cyclops

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Avengers are a very popular team. I'm curious to know is Captian American and Iron Man more popular than Wolverine and Cyclops. Share your thoughts please.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@time:

yes because everyone knows spiderman, CA and IM pretty well in my high school most people never heard of x-men and i dont like explaining it

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap and Stark are pretty well known and are probably going to be topping Wolverine after "Age of Ultron"...

Cyclops is barely known to anyone... The movies didn't help because he got 10 lines or something...

And the way Marvel are handling the X-Men, soon they will be non-existent...

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Neither are more popular than Wolverine. Both are more popular than Cyclops. Characters that have sustained their own title as well as other individual success get to claim more popularity. Scott's rise in popularity has increased a lot over the years though.

If you haven't heard of the X-Men you've been living under a rock or in a cave.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are on par with Wolverine, and could be a more popular these days with the success of their solo movies and the Avengers movie. They are definitely more popular than Cyclops.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

Neither are more popular than Wolverine. Both are more popular than Cyclops. Characters that have sustained their own title as well as other individual success get to claim more popularity. Scott's rise in popularity has increased a lot over the years though.

If you haven't heard of the X-Men you've been living under a rock or in a cave.

tell that to my friends in high school they never heard of x-men not even wolverine and were canadian

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think most comic book fans know of the X-Men, I think it's just your high school, that don't know of them. I think Wolverine more popular than them, but I don't think Cyclops is.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: i didnt know of x-men when i was young but thanks to the 90's cartoon i did.....also i knew about the FF, batman, superman, woderwoman, spiderman, ironman, captain america, from the cartoons and at school.....no x-men

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Well that's the thing, some fan associate characters with cartoons and movies. It's usually the older fans that known more about comic book characters from the comics.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Well that's the thing, some fan associate characters with cartoons and movies. It's usually the older fans that known more about comic book characters from the comics.

my dads sister was a marvel comics fan and she never heard of the x-men although to be fair the x-men were canceled in the late 70's

sorry did get your notification sooner

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are on par with Wolverine, and could be a more popular these days with the success of their solo movies and the Avengers movie. They are definitely more popular than Cyclops.

i thought we were supposed to be gambit solo movie, magneto and deadpool whatever happened to that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture: No I don't think so. The X-Men were the most popular in 1980's and early 1990's. So your Auntie didn't read comics then,

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wouldn't say Cyclops is so popular outside of diehard xmen fans. Wolverine is probably on par with Cap and Ironman. I think Spidey is more popular than all of them probably on the level with Batman and Superman.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AwesomePerson

@hopesummersforthefuture: I think the Gambit movie is still on and the Deadpool movie is greenlit but the Magneto movie got cancelled in favour for a Wolverine origins movie and Magneto's story got told along side Xavier's in the First Class trilogy of sequels.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

i thought we were supposed to be gambit solo movie, magneto and deadpool whatever happened to that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think all of these movies will still happen. Gambit has been cast and now we are just waiting for a release date, and I'm sure Fassbender would jump at the chance to do a solo Magneto movie. Deadpool....even with him not being as popular as some of the top tier X-Men or Avengers characters I think he has enough popularity and interest to have his own solo film. We'll probably circle back to this in about 2 years.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Gambit movie is coming. Ain't Channing Tatum going to be playing Gambit?

Magneto was cancel and I heard was because of Mckellen being too old. I don;t know. I'm just saying what other people said.

Deadpool might happen. I mean he's in every variant covers and pretty much everywhere.

Captain America, Iroman, and Wolverine are pretty much very popular including Spider man. Cyclops could have been popular in the movie, but his script was too short. He might not be popular on films, but I think he's getting popular on comics. At lease to me.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Wolverine is like the 5th or 6th most recognizable character in the known world

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is more popular than those two, Cyclops isn't.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain A., Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and this include Magneto as well (especially) who are more popular than any other characters.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KingVenus

Most definitely. The Avengers have been getting lots of hype the past couple of years.

Current < Relevant

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@time said:

Avengers are a very popular team. I'm curious to know is Captian American and Iron Man more popular than Wolverine and Cyclops. Share your thoughts please.

Iron Man>>Cap>Wolvie>>>>>Cyclops

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KingVenus

@time said:

Iron Man>>Cap>Wolvie>>>>>Cyclops

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.