Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Are the X-men going to have an AvX Aftermath book?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

I could honestly care less about what happens to the Avengers, but is AvX leading right on into Marvel Now-- or will there be a book focusing on the characters and how AvX effected them?

The reason I ask is because I think some things tend to get washed over quickly-- and great character development is thrown aside for the next new thing Marvel cranks out.

Great development could come from:

1) Storm and Black Panther's divorce. It would be great for Storm to fully speak her mind.

2) The past P5 hosts- How it feels to loose infinite power. Could be a struggling story for the characters.

3) Bitter rivals against the Avengers from their battles- Maybe one or some of the x-men holds a grudge based on their fight with an avenger.

4) Taking the time to look at the Aftermath and how it affects mutants full scale would be nice.

5) Beast, Wolverine, and even Storm and Xavier- It would be interesting if they shared thoughts on switching against the X-men.

6) Told how or why there is a Phoenix force-- with Jean no where to be found or apart of this at all- this seems to go against the endsong storyline.

7) The lights reaction to Hope not being the Phoenix.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

It will consist of X-men crying about Cyclop's tyranny and Marvel actively trying to crush a Fox-leased property(The X-men).

brucecapell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By brucecapell

AvX Consequences by Gillen

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40140

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Silver_Raven

Out of all the X-writers, i really hope Gillen stays on an X-book after AvXc. I wonder if the Adjectiveless book and Astonishing as well be the new flagship books. I don't think Uncanny Avengers is going cater to X-fans. We'll see?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Silver_Raven said:

Out of all the X-writers, i really hope Gillen stays on an X-book after AvXc. I wonder if the Adjectiveless book and Astonishing as well be the new flagship books. I don't think Uncanny Avengers is going cater to X-fans. We'll see?

Gillen is officially off X-Men and will be taking over Iron Man. And All New X-Men by Brian Michael Bendis will be the new flagship for X-Men.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

I would think every book after with X-men characters will show their reactions and how they're dealing with it.

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LoganX360

...lol yeah its called a reboot , AvX was such a greedy misconception . what the hell was this crap ?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skaddix

Yeah Consequences handles the fallout. I most interested in Black Panther Stuff. The Divorce and the Atlantis/Wakanda War.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.