Are the X-men going to have an AvX Aftermath book?

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (2708 posts) - - Show Bio

I could honestly care less about what happens to the Avengers, but is AvX leading right on into Marvel Now-- or will there be a book focusing on the characters and how AvX effected them?

The reason I ask is because I think some things tend to get washed over quickly-- and great character development is thrown aside for the next new thing Marvel cranks out.

Great development could come from:

1) Storm and Black Panther's divorce. It would be great for Storm to fully speak her mind.

2) The past P5 hosts- How it feels to loose infinite power. Could be a struggling story for the characters.

3) Bitter rivals against the Avengers from their battles- Maybe one or some of the x-men holds a grudge based on their fight with an avenger.

4) Taking the time to look at the Aftermath and how it affects mutants full scale would be nice.

5) Beast, Wolverine, and even Storm and Xavier- It would be interesting if they shared thoughts on switching against the X-men.

6) Told how or why there is a Phoenix force-- with Jean no where to be found or apart of this at all- this seems to go against the endsong storyline.

7) The lights reaction to Hope not being the Phoenix.

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

It will consist of X-men crying about Cyclop's tyranny and Marvel actively trying to crush a Fox-leased property(The X-men).

#3 Posted by brucecapell (100 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX Consequences by Gillen

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40140

#4 Posted by Silver_Raven (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the X-writers, i really hope Gillen stays on an X-book after AvXc. I wonder if the Adjectiveless book and Astonishing as well be the new flagship books. I don't think Uncanny Avengers is going cater to X-fans. We'll see?

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver_Raven said:

Out of all the X-writers, i really hope Gillen stays on an X-book after AvXc. I wonder if the Adjectiveless book and Astonishing as well be the new flagship books. I don't think Uncanny Avengers is going cater to X-fans. We'll see?

Gillen is officially off X-Men and will be taking over Iron Man. And All New X-Men by Brian Michael Bendis will be the new flagship for X-Men.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think every book after with X-men characters will show their reactions and how they're dealing with it.

#7 Posted by LoganX360 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

...lol yeah its called a reboot , AvX was such a greedy misconception . what the hell was this crap ?

#8 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Consequences handles the fallout. I most interested in Black Panther Stuff. The Divorce and the Atlantis/Wakanda War.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.