I could honestly care less about what happens to the Avengers, but is AvX leading right on into Marvel Now-- or will there be a book focusing on the characters and how AvX effected them?
The reason I ask is because I think some things tend to get washed over quickly-- and great character development is thrown aside for the next new thing Marvel cranks out.
Great development could come from:
1) Storm and Black Panther's divorce. It would be great for Storm to fully speak her mind.
2) The past P5 hosts- How it feels to loose infinite power. Could be a struggling story for the characters.
3) Bitter rivals against the Avengers from their battles- Maybe one or some of the x-men holds a grudge based on their fight with an avenger.
4) Taking the time to look at the Aftermath and how it affects mutants full scale would be nice.
5) Beast, Wolverine, and even Storm and Xavier- It would be interesting if they shared thoughts on switching against the X-men.
6) Told how or why there is a Phoenix force-- with Jean no where to be found or apart of this at all- this seems to go against the endsong storyline.
7) The lights reaction to Hope not being the Phoenix.