Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

AOA, what's left, who's left and whats next? (spoilers)

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Powerzone789

So i just picked up uncanny x-force 19.1 today, and i gotta say i am looking forward to the new ongoing, but just the way remender carelessly killed off so many characters kind of frustrates me, does anyone else have any thoughts about this? i mean seriously, who all is left?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Thunderscream

@Powerzone789: Could you possibly list who and how in a spoiler thingy? I haven't been able to make it to the comic store and probably won't for a few weeks.

stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By stambo42

As much as I liked the read, and enjoyed the art, I can't help but see the wanton destruction as somewhat abusive. If he wanted to tell a story in a universe where every heroic mutant is dead or depowered, he could have just made his own and left 295 alone.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@stambo42 said:

As much as I liked the read, and enjoyed the art, I can't help but see the wanton destruction as somewhat abusive. If he wanted to tell a story in a universe where every heroic mutant is dead or depowered, he could have just made his own and left 295 alone.

In all honestly it doesn't even resemble AoA anymore but Im only reading it because I like Jean and Sabretooth in the AoA

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Powerzone789

@EnSabahNurX said:

@stambo42 said:

In all honestly it doesn't even resemble AoA anymore but Im only reading it because I like Jean and Sabretooth in the AoA

very true

stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stambo42

@EnSabahNurX: Agreed. In my mind it is its own separate alternate universe.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@EnSabahNurX said:

@stambo42 said:

Jean would be the only reason I might pick this up (which i will) you have no idea how mad i am at the fact that he killed off so many characters for no reason what so ever.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Nudeviking

@Powerzone789 said:

So i just picked up uncanny x-force 19.1 today, and i gotta say i am looking forward to the new ongoing, but just the way remender carelessly killed off so many characters kind of frustrates me, does anyone else have any thoughts about this? i mean seriously, who all is left?

I suddenly feel like it's 2006 and I'm watching Lost and doing crazy speculating about minor plot points, but I thought it was odd how many times Stryker used the word "Hope" in the last couple pages. In 2005 when they revisited AoA the first time, they add a bunch of characters to the world who didn't exist circa '95 (Xorn and Beak off the top of my head). I wouldn't be surprised if the same kind of thing happened again.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@stambo42 said:

@EnSabahNurX: Agreed. In my mind it is its own separate alternate universe.

Snap that.

I dislike like how AoA Iceman and Weapon X turned out.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By papad1992

@Nudeviking said:

@Powerzone789 said:

I suddenly feel like it's 2006 and I'm watching Lost and doing crazy speculating about minor plot points, but I thought it was odd how many times Stryker used the word "Hope" in the last couple pages. In 2005 when they revisited AoA the first time, they add a bunch of characters to the world who didn't exist circa '95 (Xorn and Beak off the top of my head). I wouldn't be surprised if the same kind of thing happened again.

I remember that... They even added Psylocke then because she was a major X-Man in the 616 who wasn't involved in the AoA story!! Also characters like the Morlocks (Feral, Thorn, Marrow, and others) and Wolfsbane were thrown into that revised mini story to make it compelling to read!!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

I think that most of you are going to be disappointed in this book....it was never marketed as an AoA X-men book...it's a team of humans in the AoA...and I don't think that Remender killed anyone off without talking to the writer of AoA

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@danhimself said:

I think that most of you are going to be disappointed in this book....it was never marketed as an AoA X-men book...it's a team of humans in the AoA...and I don't think that Remender killed anyone off without talking to the writer of AoA

Yea i figured after reading the x-force arc when they killed pretty much everyone XD I think the AoA writer doesn't care because he did his arc and considered it finished, Remender is just running with it. I really just want to read something with jean and AoA sabretooth(hate him in 616)

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Thunderscream

@papad1992 said:

I remember that... They even added Psylocke then because she was a major X-Man in the 616 who wasn't involved in the AoA story!! Also characters like the Morlocks (Feral, Thorn, Marrow, and others) and Wolfsbane were thrown into that revised mini story to make it compelling to read!!

It always felt like they needed a loophole in the AoA 10yr anniversary and that's why Psylocke got pulled into the mix. They needed somebody who could easily awaken repressed memories. Anybody that got brainwashed by AoA Sinister who endured Betsy's psy-blade came to, realizing they'd been used or mind-wiped or whatever. Seemed like a cop out and a lame story leeching from the Phoenix pool.

What I want to believe is that Betsy actually escaped to Otherworld and the woman we encounter is Kwannon, having never encountered Lady Braddock. I don't believe she was ever referred to as "Betsy" in 616. The reveals for X-Force in March are what draw me to this conclusion.

*Pure speculation

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Powerzone789

@AgeofHurricane said:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@stambo42 said:

Jean would be the only reason I might pick this up (which i will) you have no idea how mad i am at the fact that he killed off so many characters for no reason what so ever.

thank god..i thought i was the only one that thought so....

wreckinghavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By wreckinghavok

I think I would have much rather seen a revisit to the classic AoA than what this book is apparently bringing to the table. There's tons of older stories that could have been related to us, like how Tales of The Age of Apocalypse was doing when those two issues came out. I'm a big fan of alternate realities and different versions of fan-favorite characters, What If was always popular with me. But this title, to me, seems like it's just going to smack the Age of Apocalypse storyline in the face harder than the 2005 mini series did. I want to see stories that include the characters that died during the original AoA as well.

Regardless, I'll probably buy the first few issues of this title. I will give it it's shot to impress me.

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Ouija

To add to the who is left.....let's see by book, this is going off memory so forgive me

X-Man-X-Man in 616, Sauron died, Sonique (Theresa) was brainwashed by Sinister by I am assuming they could have used Psylocke to fix that, Forge-dead.

Generation Next- Kitty and Colossus dead, Vincente dead, Skin and Chamber believed dead, Husk dead. Know-it-all unknown, Mondo-Dead

X-CALIBRE- Nightcrawler in 616, Switchback-unknown, Mystique-unknown, Damask-unknown

Factor-X-Cyclops-last seen put in prison, Havok-dead, Beast-in 616, Sinister-dead, borthstar and Aurora-dead, Elizabeth, Sam, and Joshua Guthrie-all dead.

Externals- Gamibit-Alive last seen in uncanny x-force, Jubilee-unknown, Sunspot-dead, Strong Guy-Dead, Lila-unknown.

Amazing X-Men- Exodus-Last known was sent on a secret mission for Magneto and went MIA, Dazzler-Last seen as a member of the X-Men when jean took command, Banshee-dead, Quicksilver dead, Storm-dead.

Astonishing- Blink-with exiles, Rogue dead, Sunfire-dead, Wild Child-dead, Morph also on the mission with Exodus MIA.

Characters that are still alive that should be used- Marrow, Feral, Thornn, Wolfsbane, Dana Moonstar, Leech, The Starjammers ( Hepzibah, Ch'od, Raza, and Deathbird), and Psylocke, and Val Cooper.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Powerzone789

@Ouija said:

To add to the who is left.....let's see by book, this is going off memory so forgive me

X-Man-X-Man in 616, Sauron died, Sonique (Theresa) was brainwashed by Sinister by I am assuming they could have used Psylocke to fix that, Forge-dead.

Generation Next- Kitty and Colossus dead, Vincente dead, Skin and Chamber believed dead, Husk dead. Know-it-all unknown, Mondo-Dead

X-CALIBRE- Nightcrawler in 616, Switchback-unknown, Mystique-unknown, Damask-unknown

Factor-X-Cyclops-last seen put in prison, Havok-dead, Beast-in 616, Sinister-dead, borthstar and Aurora-dead, Elizabeth, Sam, and Joshua Guthrie-all dead.

Externals- Gamibit-Alive last seen in uncanny x-force, Jubilee-unknown, Sunspot-dead, Strong Guy-Dead, Lila-unknown.

Amazing X-Men- Exodus-Last known was sent on a secret mission for Magneto and went MIA, Dazzler-Last seen as a member of the X-Men when jean took command, Banshee-dead, Quicksilver dead, Storm-dead.

Astonishing- Blink-with exiles, Rogue dead, Sunfire-dead, Wild Child-dead, Morph also on the mission with Exodus MIA.

Characters that are still alive that should be used- Marrow, Feral, Thornn, Wolfsbane, Dana Moonstar, Leech, The Starjammers ( Hepzibah, Ch'od, Raza, and Deathbird), and Psylocke, and Val Cooper.

wow very much appreciated!, i would like to know what happened to morph and exodus....they were cool especially morph, they also need to bring blink back. Cyclops needs to be busted out of prison...i loved the one eye look

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nudeviking

@Ouija said:

Didn't Gambit die several issues back in Uncanny X-Force when he went with Fantomex to get that life seed?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Nudeviking said:

@Ouija said:

Didn't Gambit die several issues back in Uncanny X-Force when he went with Fantomex to get that life seed?

yea he sacrificed himself to save rogue n sunfire

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Ouija

@EnSabahNurX: @Nudeviking:

Thank you completely forgot about that.....I wish they woulda explained how he survived after disappearing into the darkness of Cloak, when the AOA X-men fought the Sinister Six

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mutant God

I think Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Sue Storm, Ben Grimm are still left, protecting the humans

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By cobra88king8

I just hate it whenever authors use multiple character deaths as a way to show how dire a situation is. You can remove characters from play without killing them. Especially with how everyone was depowered in the end it would have removed several people from play (Magneto comes to mind first). I'm probably going to pick up the first official issue and if it doesn't sell me I'll rely on comicvine to keep me up if anything cool happens

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Powerzone789

@Ouija: or how creed is back but blink isn't, or what happened to another number of mutants previously unmentioned....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.