Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Anybody else wish Emma would start wearing clothes?

• 154 results
    killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No, Hell NO, niet, non, I do not know enough ways to say NO to the question in the OP. When talking about clothes on chicks, less is always best.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: its looks too super girl look even if it was in black or white

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think her costume looks sexy.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack: its looks too super girl look even if it was in black or white

I was only referring to the short jacket not the whole outfit or the style. Just the length.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Are you mad that emma frost wasnt in axis? Also she was in original sin so you shouldnt be that mad.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: Are you mad that emma frost wasnt in axis? Also she was in original sin so you shouldnt be that mad.

It really doesn't bother me.

Just because I like a character doesn't mean I think they need to be a big part in every story, and without her telepathy, I can see why she's not one of the major players at the moment. Generally Emma's only been in big Avengers crossovers as leader or co-leader of the X-men, but she hasn't really been in that role for a while, and that's okay too.

I'm just as happy to see characters who don't always have roles in these things getting in on the action. I don't think Nightcrawler's been in a crossover with the Avengers since 1985.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#57  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah, it fits her personality.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By StarWatcher

TBH it's just her style, she's always had a relatively slutty fashion sense.

I think it fits her, I don't find that it takes away from her character depth and dev... I like it.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By EC2277

A friend of mine, after have read the title of this topic, said: «No, I prefer that she remain naked.»

@alias99 Seriously, I hate the dresses which wear almost all superheroines: a good story don't need boobs to sell and I don't need the comics to see boobs. But Emma have to wear like an high class prostitute (very high class), because she had always used her body like a weapon, a weapon to seduce, to dominate, to manipulate the men.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

A friend of mine, after have read the title of this topic, said: «No, I prefer that she remain naked.»

@alias99 Seriously, I hate the dresses which wear almost all superheroines: a good story don't need boobs to sell and I don't need the comics to see boobs. But Emma have to wear an high class prostitute (very high class), because she had always used her body like a weapon, a weapon to seduce, to dominate, to manipulate the men.

Well said but her last costume was awesome her new one shows to much skin. she can still make it sexy without showing to much skin.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture Do you mean this?

No Caption Provided

I agree: it is seductive, elegant and not vulgar. It is perfect for the White Queen, while her new costume it is vulgar, inelegant and not seductive.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

No Caption Provided

I agree: it is seductive, elegant and not vulgar. It is perfect for the White Queen, while her new costume it is vulgar, inelegant and not seductive.

yeah this one

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@squares said:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I just want her to start wearing white again.

I agree. White is her color. White, semi-nude, and blonde = Emma Frost.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

No Caption Provided

I've never grown fond of Emma as an X-Man. I will always remember as the White Queen from the Hellfire Club. Not much into staying covered back then too.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alias99 said:

Seriously. Emma Frost is one of the most complex and interesting characters in the Marvel Universe (IMHO). Can they PLEASE stop drawing her as a total tramp all the time???

No Caption Provided

I pretty much agree.

On the one hand, I think it has more to do with how artists draw her posing than what she's actually wearing. Yes, it's in her character to exploit those around her with her sexuality, but that doesn't mean she needs to be drawn posing like a pinup (which is, essentially, what she becomes when drawn as such). Some artists seem to just take the idea that she uses her sexuality as an excuse to make her a cheesecake, and to me it just shows how little they understand the character; she's a vamp, not a bimbo.

examples of costumes that show Emma weaponizing her sexuality without objectifying her character
    why not go with something more like this for an outlaw mutant living in the Canadian tunda? Is this really not sexy enough for an outlaw superhero?
    why not go with something more like this for an outlaw mutant living in the Canadian tunda? Is this really not sexy enough for an outlaw superhero?

Artists who seem to get this right seem to understand this distinction. Emma started wearing pants in the 90's, pretty much as soon as she started distancing herself from theHellfire Club and teaching children again. She was still drawn to be an overtly sexual character in her style of dress, but not so much with the posing and running around in her underwear.

I always felt that John Cassaday understood the distinction in the way he designed Emma's costume for Astonishing X-Men: firstly, she always had pants on; and sure, she was wearing a cabaret style top, but she was usually mostly covered in a cape. Despite Kitty making fun of her in the first issue, her costume in that series actually covered her up more than most of Storm or Psylocke's costumes. You knew she had a sexy outfit under there, but you rarely ever actually saw it, and usually only if she was in a fight, not being sexy.

Chris Bachalo's current costume for her seems especially puzzling to me since he seems like one of the first artists to really illustrate the distinction that lead to the contemporary Emma character. It's not even that I think he really objectifies the character in the way he draws her (and i do like her new coat), but returning her to booty shorts and a shirt that's perpetually open still just seems out of place for the character at this point.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Women don't wear some of the s--t they put Emma in nor do they want to, not only because it's like waaaay to exposed even in just the climate sense, but because it looks tacky and it's just bad designing. If you think her characterization matches most of her outfits, you are doing some wishful thinking. She's an upper-echelon, stylish, witty, educated, and sexually confident woman, she should look like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct not fricken FARAH ABRAHAM at some dimestore, bar event for her crappy DVDs. Sure, superheroes don't totally dress the way we do but Emma, sadly, has some almost criminally stupid costumes. Similar to in the way she's sometimes written as just being mean as opposed to witty, she's also shown to be kind of an exhibitionist wherein actuality she would never need that kind of validation.

I'm not going to say these artists who illustrate her are misogynists or chauvinists, I think sometimes people just don't get it and need to be told. No girl with lots of self-esteem would feel the need to sexualize herself in every which way, essentially saying "Hey Colossus, can you see? I'm hot. Oh! Hey, Nightcrawler! Worth breaking abstinence for, right? Magneto, look a little lower". A truly confident woman who is assured in her sexuality understands the nuances of subtlety and already feels sexy enough on the inside so that she doesn't need to spew out visual spoilers of what she's got rocking underneath a flattering frock or well-cut suit.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

No Caption Provided

Yes, that was ideal.

Alias99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well said, thank you :-)

@hexthis said:

Women don't wear some of the s--t they put Emma in nor do they want to, not only because it's like waaaay to exposed even in just the climate sense, but because it looks tacky and it's just bad designing. If you think her characterization matches most of her outfits, you are doing some wishful thinking. She's an upper-echelon, stylish, witty, educated, and sexually confident woman, she should look like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct not fricken FARAH ABRAHAM at some dimestore, bar event for her crappy DVDs. Sure, superheroes don't totally dress the way we do but Emma, sadly, has some almost criminally stupid costumes. Similar to in the way she's sometimes written as just being mean as opposed to witty, she's also shown to be kind of an exhibitionist wherein actuality she would never need that kind of validation.

I'm not going to say these artists who illustrate her are misogynists or chauvinists, I think sometimes people just don't get it and need to be told. No girl with lots of self-esteem would feel the need to sexualize herself in every which way, essentially saying "Hey Colossus, can you see? I'm hot. Oh! Hey, Nightcrawler! Worth breaking abstinence for, right? Magneto, look a little lower". A truly confident woman who is assured in her sexuality understands the nuances of subtlety and already feels sexy enough on the inside so that she doesn't need to spew out visual spoilers of what she's got rocking underneath a flattering frock or well-cut suit.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By EC2277

Do you really talk about the climate sense of the Emma's clothes, in a comic book where Beast walks in barefoot in the snow?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Do you really talk about the climate sense of the Emma's clothes, in a comic book where Beast walks in barefoot in the snow?

lol

wd40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, just no. Its like having a Porsche in garage, who you dont want to drive beacuse somebody might to see it . :D

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma wear what ever the artists and writers want her to look. She looks great and I think she should continue to dress as a White Queen she is. I never had a problem with her look... so I don't see why this would bother anyone.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ec2277 said:

Beast is FURRY, do dogs wear boots in the snow? Wolves? Bears? Any mammal with a coat of fur? No, of course not.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By EC2277

@hexthis: Are you sure?

Then we have X-23, who walk half naked in the snow.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And why this is a problem? Emma Frost look good in every way lol. I have no problem with her look. Is what make her characterization interesting. Emma been hated by many, but is ok because this can proof that Emma is the S^7* lol.

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PurePleazure4u
    No Caption Provided

Do you guys rather see Emma Frost like this? I think not lol.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@hopesummersforthefuture:

On Marvel Heroes Game, it said she wores this costume because Cyclops´s revolution. She is now depower and she needs to have costume that protect her even more. For Example i dont have trouble with Magik´s costume because she is quite powerful and doesn´t much protection. But cover costumes can be sexy like Rogue or even Black Canary.

You can see here: http://marvelheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Emma_Frost/Costumes?file=Costume_emmafrost_marvelnow.jpg

Really, would be the black costume more protective than the white?

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

NO!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm gay .... and the answer is still no.

Besides she was Queen of the world's most powerful S&M club why should she wear clothing. It's like telling Rihanna to stop being naked.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By adamTRMM
    @ec2277 said:

No Caption Provided

While this artist draws her really good in this costume, always kinda hated it.

To me, this is the closest thing to how Emma should look like:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@ec2277:

I think they are some scenario, sure Emma Frost seems to be wearing a wierd "powersuit" costume but we dont know what is made (is that normal clothes or powersuit and what is made off) because she usually have huge clevage on her clothes she exposses a lot her vital organs and would be lethal since she doesnt have anything to protect (her lungs, her hearth, her head and her abdomen aerea) aside her diamond skin. But she actually wore worst costume like "X" costume and her early costume

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@ec2277:

As fashion goes for Uncanny X-Men be glad she wasn´t in some kind wierd clothes that doesnt make sense aside from "Cheesecake" function.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

No Caption Provided

Do you guys rather see Emma Frost like this? I think not lol.

Thats not Emma... that her mum... or Queen Elizabeth + bleach.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want her to wear pants ; _ ; Other than that, I really don't care what she's wearing.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I just want her to wear pants ; _ ; Other than that, I really don't care what she's wearing.

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raggedscarecrow said:

No Caption Provided

:) but then again why doesnt anyone complain about magik inher underwear whe she is only what 16??????

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:) but then again why doesnt anyone complain about magik inher underwear whe she is only what 16??????

with Magik it would make sense if she just wore a loin cloth or something, since she's spent more of her life around demons than people. That she wears booty shorts is maybe the only thing she does that other teenage girls do.

It just doesn't feel like that logic applies to Emma.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@raggedscarecrow said:

No Caption Provided

Because it's a thread about Emma Frost. Trust me, if it were an open thread about the current Uncanny team, I'd be blasting her costume too (also the fact that there are three blond white girls on his team, but that's a topic for another thread.).

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost looks better without clothes on.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol which is most of the time. i think sex sells her costume reminds me of superwomans costume

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

The thing is right or wrong Emma has for as long as she has been in comics been depicted as a sexy woman in revealing clothing. I do think sometimes creative teams do use this as a crutch rather than put her in somewhat sensible clothing. Female comic book characters can be great and do not have to rely on sexy clothing to sell their image. Emma is an interesting character and could continue with or without the stripper wardrobe if the PTB decided to go that way.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex said:

The thing is right or wrong Emma has for as long as she has been in comics been depicted as a sexy woman in revealing clothing. I do think sometimes creative teams do use this as a crutch rather than put her in somewhat sensible clothing. Female comic book characters can be great and do not have to rely on sexy clothing to sell their image.Emma is an interesting character and could continue with or without the stripper wardrobe if the PTB decided to go that way.

well said but i guess emma i wearing more clothes then Angela or Tigress

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By EC2277

Obviusly.
    But if it necessary she wearing something, also a costume "Gamora style" could be interesting.

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@avenger85 said:

Obviusly.

But if it necessary she wearing something, also a costume "Gamora style" could be interesting.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

kinda reminds me of the phoenix five outfit

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By EC2277
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

also emma's punisher outfit was funny

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Soulmates, lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.