Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Any X titles worth reading?

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Have always loved the X-Men and was reading Amazing and Uncanny up until BOTA when I dropped both. Are any of the other current x titles worth reading? Just got fed up with the time travelling originals and future mutants!

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are you looking for current titles or older ones?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have always loved the X-Men and was reading Amazing and Uncanny up until BOTA when I dropped both. Are any of the other current x titles worth reading? Just got fed up with the time travelling originals and future mutants!

Well Amazing is doppleganger free now with Yost/Kyle on board. Magneto's solo is solid as well.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@fredcdobbs said:

Uncanny X-Men got good again after BotA, actually, I think it mostly got better.

All-New X-Factor has been really good, maybe one of Marvel's best books.

CyclopsandStorm both have pretty good solo books at the moment.

Also, I would recommend giving X-Men #18 a shot. I enjoyed the last arc of the series (Bloodline, issues 13-17) as well, but issue 18 seems like a great jumping on point. It's the first issue by the new author, Marc Guggenheim, and it's one of the best issues of any X-men books I've read in a while. I can see good things coming from this book.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredcdobbs said:

Well Amazing is doppleganger free now with Yost/Kyle on board. Magneto's solo is solid as well.

This

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto and (I might get a lot of criticism for this lol) Inhuman. I like the art and the story look interesting. New characters emerged in this series and cool ones too, which is the only reason why I got it. Plus.. Who doesn't like Medusa? I believe those are worth reading.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredcdobbs: how were you reading Amazing X-Men before BOTA?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fredcdobbs: Read Magneto you must!!!! I think X-Factor and X-Force are pretty good as well. Uncanny X-men picked up. Cyclops is pretty good.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler:

All-new x-men is running out of ideas but i still get it. Also uncanny x-men i drop and pick it up again, all the time, lol. At my comicbook shop all-new x-men was always sold out while uncanny x-men u can get it anytime. Now uncanny x-men is being sold out and all-new x-men isnt.

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: always loved the original 5 and thought it seemed like an exciting premise for a story. However in my eyes it had a natural conclusion which was for them to go back home. Seems rediculous that they are staying put. Plus BOTA was sooooooooo bad that I just couldn't take it no more.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredcdobbs: I don't blame you. I've been reading every single issue, but I didn't read this week's. I think I'm burnt out from everything being so stretched out, and feel like it's probably more productive to just find out what happens in a review. I miss the days when issues were so packed with content like Claremont. I don't mind if the art is less dynamic, since I'm used to reading the Essentials. Both All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men have been good though!

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shebba

Inhuman. it is actually a good story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Uncanny X-Men just keeps getting better, so I would recommend picking that up again. I wasn't that impressed with it at first and enjoyed All New X-Men more, but All New X-Men kept getting worse, and Uncanny X-Men gradually got better with each issue.

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: this is what I found as well. Maybe see what's going on in uncanny, but AXIS is happening soon and I hope that doesn't infiltrate that comic.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a matter of fact...yes...Magneto and WATXM.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Books I think are good to pick up...

Storm solo

Amazing X-Men

Nightcrawler

X-Men

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 4U2NV

UA

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say everything that has to do with X-M or Avengers are worth reading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

God no. Don't get into WATX. I've heard it's better than it used to be, but that's not really saying much. Also don't read Uncanny Avengers, if it's still ongoing.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@psy_chrometer said:

God no. Don't get into WATX. I've heard it's better than it used to be, but that's not really saying much. Also don't read Uncanny Avengers, if it's still ongoing.

Lol Not reading WATX, but my ex was reading Uncanny Avenger recently and I was too cause of him. Now I'm not cause he took all his books with him. I'm gonna start collecting my own from now on.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, Cyclops, and GOTG

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#22  Edited By Teerack

Magneto is pretty good. Uncanny X-Men used to be the best X-Men book in my opinion but in the past 5 issues(5 months) nothing has happened in the series at all to the point where it feels like the book was canceled a while ago.

You think GotG is an X-title? O.o

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Magneto is pretty good. Uncanny X-Men used to be the best X-Men book in my opinion but in the past 5 issues(5 months) nothing has happened in the series at all to the point where it feels like the book was canceled a while ago.

@viperians said:

You think GotG is an X-title? O.o

No, but is worth reading.

wumpnutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hopped on Uncanny around issue 12 or so and picked up the back issues. It is really good. The art is a loose for me but the story has been really creative. I couldn't get into Wolverine and the X-Men. I have the first full run and it is good but I couldn't commit to pulling the latest run. "All New" turned me off with the time traveling. Amazing was OK while Aaron was writing but then I dropped it around issue 8. Just wasn't excited to pick it up. Straight X-Men just couldn't keep me interested either. At the start the idea that it was just the ladies of the X-men was a neat schtick but then it wore thin and I was just wondering where the guys went. Seemed contrived. Magneto is fantastic though. That run so far has been good since issue one. I like Bunn's spin on everything so far. I'll be interested if he can keep it going though. So I would recommend Uncanny and Magneto for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@psy_chrometer: Ah, break-ups and the subsequent division of property. Fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.