Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Any starter X-Men Comics/ Stories to start with?

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
    DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want to start reading the X-Men comics, but i have no idea where to start. Help?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

if you want current stuff, Read Marvel Now titles. All new X men, Uncanny X men, X-men, it shouldnt be hard to find their numbers ones or at least close and work form there making it alot less confusing (Cable & X force, Uncanny X force are also good)

If not current, then i suggest trying to find X men Essentials those are great black and white books you can get rather cheap with tons of comics crammed into them. If you get volume 1 (i think it was) it starts with the introduction of Wolverine, Storm, Ect and can really get you caught up on the X history

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@dtslanterncorps: I'd say, if you've never read X-men before, try Whedon and Cassaday'sAstonishing X-Men (2004), issues 1-24 (or the first four trades). Great introduction to the characters and themes, that feels both classic and contemporary.

Astonishing X-men, 2004-08
    Astonishing X-men, 2004-08

If you feel you already know about the X-men somewhat, I'd suggest trying Brian Wood's X-men (vol.4, 2013) that just started a few months ago.

X-men, 2013
    X-men, 2013

Bendis' All-New X-Men is also not a bad place for new readers to get acclimatized to current X-men events. It does take it's time introducing all of the players and relevant history (the first arc just wrapped up with the 14th issue), but it's pretty fun and has some beautiful art.

If you're interested in checking out some of the old-school, classic stories that really helped define the X-men within the genre, I'd suggest reading Claremont's Days of Future Past(from 1981, generally reprinted in it's entirety, since it's really just a two issue arc), or the X-men: God Loves, Man Kills graphic novel (1982, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_God_Loves,_Man_Kills ); both are pretty amazing in their own way.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
    DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Thanks for some of the suggestions I got some of the Ultimate Comics X-Men and The All New X-Men #1.

I plan to get Astonishing X-Men at some point. :)

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.