Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Any insight has to why Iceman is siding with Wolverine?

giantarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By giantarms

I haven't read the latest few months of issues leading up to Schism. I see Iceman is leaving Utopia and headed to the school with Wolverine. Is there any backstory to this? Any justification?

Maybe I was wrong but I was under the impression that Iceman actually liked Cyclops and had his back on a lot of issues. Does he disagree with Cyke? If so, on what? Or do the writers just want to ignore him as usual by making him disappear into the school?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

@giantarms said:

I haven't read the latest few months of issues leading up to Schism. I see Iceman is leaving Utopia and headed to the school with Wolverine. Is there any backstory to this? Any justification?

Maybe I was wrong but I was under the impression that Iceman actually liked Cyclops and had his back on a lot of issues. Does he disagree with Cyke? If so, on what? Or do the writers just want to ignore him as usual by making him disappear into the school?

The explanation in Regenesis was that he felt flattered that Wolverine came to him first and sees him as "everything Utopia is not," which I suppose means that Logan views Bobby as someone more appropriate for the school setting and for living life as opposed to being a full-time soldier.

Problem is, that's more of an explanation for why Logan wants him than why Bobby would agree to go with him. There were a few moments like that in Regenesis. Instead of characters saying why they wanted to go/stay, we were instead shown an emotional appeal by Cyclops/Logan and then don't see a response from the target character except then they've sided with them anyway. The most obvious characters this was a problem with were Iceman and Storm.

edit: Oh, and Dazzler's. Apparently all it takes to get Dazzler to join you back on your island fortress is a cheesy line.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

He probably figured Wolverine gets way more of attention than Cyclops and thought  "Hey, lets ride some coattails"

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

@cattlebattle said:

He probably figured Wolverine gets way more of attention than Cyclops and thought "Hey, lets ride some coattails"

If he stayed with Cyke he got health care, benifits, and a heafty pay raise. If he goes with Wolverine he gets double air time. guess which one he chose

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By luckydomino1

wolverine and bobby have more of a history they go way back

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Cyclops and Iceman go even more back. Iceman is a good fit for Logan's team. He is younger than most of the senior team and the kids can identify themselves with him perhaps.

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By DarkChris

He can be a better teacher than a soldier. And he fits in Wenchester.

golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By golvellius

Iceman, even though he is heroic and a very powerful mutant, has allways been reluctant in battle. He has seldomly used his powers lethaly even though he has the capacity to do it. If he stayed with Cyclops sooner or later Cyclops would have demanded Iceman to take a more agresive aproach in battle wich is clear that Iceman does not aprove. Another reason would be Emma Frost for years Emma has allways thought of Bobby as an under achiever, and with great reasons, so in a sense, Iceman also seems to want to prove himself as a better mentor than Emma and Cykes...plus Iceman and Beast are sort of best buds so its logical for him to go with Wolverine's crew because he shares a stronguer bond with them.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By buttersdaman000

Yeah, all of the original X-Men are pretty much done with Scott. He was always the loner in their little group anyways. 
    And Scott removed the pictures of them from his wall too.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By madrid_san

@buttersdaman000: He graduated from school. I agree he was the loner of the original X-Men.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By luckydomino1

@buttersdaman000: yeah preatty much beast doesnt agree with his ways iceman likes wolverine more i suprised storm stayed

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By victoriancuckoo

I'm going to guess keg parties

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slick23

Coz he's cool.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

I still can't wrap my head around joining Wolverine to avoid violence, its kind of like going to the pound to avoid dogs

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SexualLobster

As far as I know Iceman has had a lot of falling outs with Cyclops. Not actual fights but often disagrees with Cyke's ideals commands etc.

Plus would you side with Cyclops? He's become so reckless, Wolverine may be a more 'violent' character, but it's evident he'll avoid it for the sake of others if he can.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm still amazed that Namor would even take orders from Cyclops its completely out of character for him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.