Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

ANAD X-Men NYCC'15

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/10/nycc15-the-all-new-all-different-marvel-panel-in-full/

Extraordinary X-Men is next, Lowe assures incredible plans, and Alonso assures they are not cancelling X-Men. Extraordinary is the core book, Alonso says we learn early on that mutants are imperilled by Terrigen Mists, and results in conflicting goals.

All New Wolverine is next, which Taylor says she is trying something different and is trying not kill, and promises a lot of surprises in the book.

All New X-Men is next, issue 4 sees the return of the Blob. Hopeless goes through the team a bit, and says about having a team of kids in an awful environment for mutants that is the ANAD MU, it will be kind of a road trip story and plenty of teen angst.

Young Iceman’s sexuality is a big part of the opening several arcs of All New X-Men.

Any more info on the elderly characters? Lowe does seem to suggest there are plans for Old Man Logan not announced yet, and there are plans for Cable…and huge plans for Steve Rogers.

An X-Men fan talks about being really scared about what is happening with the X-Universe side of Marvel’s plans, Lowe agrees what we know so far is scary but points out that everyone on the stage are big X-Men fans, and assures anything about lowering X-Men’s visibility is justa rumor. Again points out that what has been revealed is just the tip of the iceberg, and the X-Men are going nowhere, and they all love the X-Men.

Gambit is showing up somewhere but not in an X-Men book, and it is a major role.

There is a big focus on Rogue in Uncanny Avengers, and things have never been easy for her, but she is a strong character. Lowe says it’s an incredible iteration of Rogue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing really new on the team books, but I'm interested in their plans for Gambit and Cable. Also, the Blob survived Secret Wars......yay?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HAWK2916

Yesterday Brevoort was saying that xmen fans would be mad about Uncanny Avengers #3 and really furious and upset by issue #5. But then he said that's OK because people would still read it and love it. Thats not comforting at all. And I really hate that guy. Hmmmm. Sounds like challenge may be time to make a stand x-fans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Well, the "mad" is probably Rogue dying. The "furious and upset" could be Rogue getting cured of her X gene to save her life.

Did I forget to mention the mutant cure that was revealed in Invincible Ironman #1? Thanks, Bendis!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do live coverage now too? Jeez Sprior..

Anyway I'm ok with all of this, but they need to show me a kill list before i sign off

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: you're OK with this stuff. *gasp* Good heavens!! Well I declare! How could you?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Lol well theres not much new info here, X-23 not trying to be a killer...wasn't that her direction from the beginning? Young Iceman gets an arc about being gay...saw that coming, Cable possibly teaming up with Deadpool...thought that was confirmed already, Plans for Steve Rogers?....it makes me curious, Marvel saying "You can trust us" while killing a bunch of mutants...must be saturday again, Gambit showing up somewhere outside of X-Men....I'm hoping it's Spiderman-2099. Rogue being misused in Uncanny Avengers....yup definitely Saturday.

Really until we see a kill list, everything is just the same as we already thought it was, because other then the newest mutant genocide that no one asked for, we've got no real story hints that are good or bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Yay....wasn't he alive as a drug addict in Bendis' run? Dare i say it, i actually liked that role for him better. (sticks nose in the air)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Yesterday Brevoort was saying that xmen fans would be mad about Uncanny Avengers #3 and really furious and upset by issue #5. But then he said that's OK because people would still read it and love it. Thats not comforting at all. And I really hate that guy. Hmmmm. Sounds like challenge may be time to make a stand x-fans

Dam.............. With all the love Rogue deserves, this book needs to bomb.

But I can see where his response comes from, so many mediocre books keep going just because they're well advertised, and our rage achieves nothing so I can understand the reason for his confidence...

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: He's practically laughing at us and eating our cake in our faces. . .

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to know about Cable,Rogue, Gambit & The Blob :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.