Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

An alternative...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

Ok, with Ultimate universe offed, there's no alternative (at least, not a confirmed one) in publishing to 616 (whatever it'll be the main U) titles of the X-men. I know, it shouldn't be taken for granted, but this is a huuuuuuge, self-contained and rich corner of Marvel-verse we're talking about, and a lot of times it becomes almost traditional to look or have an alternative look on your favorite muties and concept in general. From AoA (vol1 and 2) to Exiles (multiple vols) , last vol of X-treme and Ultimate Xmen as a whole, there was always an additional book to see some different takes (Earth 2 style).

Should there be such a book, or this concept better stay ignored for now or forever?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm kind of torn on this one. Normally I dont want multiples running around and neither do i like all the alternate universe stuff because it ends up being confusing. IN fact all the alternative realites and universe is why we are suffering through Secret Wars now and even though some good stories have come out of them I dont know if the benefit outweighs the risk on that. I've said plenty of times that i want the Xmen to have their own universe period so that would probably negate all of my previous notions.

I thought that maybe this type of series with alternate universes and all should be the new setting for the Thunderbolts or even something that would save and be a new direction for the Fantastic Four books since they are ultimately explorers. I dont know if if i want a mutant team dedicated to this though. If it were me I would let Fantastic Four be the explorers of the multiverse and all the alternate realities also dealing with the space stuff like S.W.O.R.D was designed to do and have mutants like Abigail Brand and Cypher and Warlock assist them along with Sydren and Lockheed. There would plenty of stories for them if they got into the Malibu universe thats under marvel now but that we havent seen in forever or even the old Cyberforce universe that actually had a crossover back in that day. Unless it was for an arc or dare I say a crossover, i would keep for the most part the Xmen out of this and all the different versions like black cyclops, depowered human Jean Grey and gay Wolverine just wouldnt be there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.