Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Amazing X-Men

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So as most of you know, I am a Jason Aaron fan, despite online criticism. However, since Yost and Kyle have taken over this title it has been truly "amazing". Does anyone else like this creative team switch up?

On another note, what about the writer switch in XX-Men? I really liked 18.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE Yost/Kyle. I think their work on Amazing is much better and they are so passionate about X-Men (especially the ANAD). I also enjoyed XX-Men #18. I like Wood's 1st X-Men run but his work with the all female team just wasn't working for me. Guggenheim take is refreshing (good to seem them not fighting and being overly petty), entertaining dialogue, good balance of panel time for the stars of the book, and an interesting plot.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fairly fun run so far. It really is just about making the characters look as awesome as possible....fighting and holding back a country filled with Wendigo's = Awesome as possible

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked X-Men 18 too, I actually liked Woods run and wished we saw more of the sisterhood. I think Wood was a little too creatively controlled around the BOTA and it really showed when he struggled to develop characters.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kyle and Yost on an X-Men title rarely disappoints so I expected them to knock it out of the park with Amazing X-Men. Glad I'm not the only Aaron fan on the X-Men forums as well. I liked X-Men when Wood was on it so I was little skeptical but I definitely enjoyed issue 18

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

IMO, it's pretty earlier to call. I am going to miss the Sisterhood. And I don't care much for Space Missions..

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

They gave Rockslide the best entrance into a comic possible. I love Santo. So I approve of this book. X-23 gets Bendis. Haaaaaa.

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

Waiting for the next arc, this Wendigo stuff is a miss for me.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know, guys. I cannot fully appreciate this title.

Recently I've been prefering Avengers

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

I don't know, guys. I cannot fully appreciate this title.

Recently I've been prefering Avengers

@adamtrmm said:

Waiting for the next arc, this Wendigo stuff is a miss for me.

I tried. I tend to give X titles a fair shot, even if I wasn't that interested initially. Not really liking this storyline.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried. I tend to give X titles a fair shot, even if I wasn't that interested initially. Not really liking this storyline.

There's not much to like right now, this material feels offhand and unfiltered, like the first expression they were welcomed in the X-office was "Hey you, we need a story asap, don't put a lot of thought in it, just make it happen in an hour maybe two" instead of real Welcome :)

I still hope to have K/Y that I learned to appreciate back!

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The few things I've actually been disliking about Uncanny X-Men & All New X-Men is how its constantly revolving around the Avengers/Wolverine/Shield. I love Amazing X-Men because its a book that actually gets the hell away from most of that crap and has its own story. We're seeing characters like Rockslide and Northstar who aren't the 8 X-Men we see in every book - it's nice to get something new, and although it might not be the most intense or Avenger-fied story - it's light and fun and def. enjoyable - loving it K/Y!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.