Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All-New Xmen questions

Sir_Lenopow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sir_Lenopow

hey I've been thinking about starting all new Xmen but I've only read DC Comics up to this point and I'm not entirely sure how this works. I find the concept of the people from the past being brought to the Future interesting, but I've never read any Marvel Comics and I'm not sure if this is a place I can start. I need help :P

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All New X-Men is a horrible jumping on point.

I won't comment much on the quality of the story but you'll find it lacking from a storytelling point of view. And a lot of the better stuff about the book comes from prior knowledge of recent or classic X-Men character growth.

I can see why you might be interested and the best I can tell you is to start from the first arc "Yesterdays X-Men" if you want to try to follow it. But as new or casual fan I warn you there is a lack of resolution to stories as it goes on.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It had a good start but i don't like the recent story, or not yet. I really liked it till the trial of jean grey when scott was still with the team

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good starting point, after issue 5 pick uncanny X men V3 by the same writer (Bendis). Those are the only books so far that are moving the whole X men narrative

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DO NOT start with All New X-Men...

As a new reader, I would recommend that you avoid it until you are more into the X-Men...

If you want to start with the current books, read "X-Men: Schism" and decide whether you like Cyclops or Wolverine, read a couple of reviews on each of them, visit their comic vine forums

Wolverine: Wolverine and the X-Men

Cyclops: Uncanny X-Men, Death of Woverine.

Some great books you should read:

Cable and X-Force

X-Factor

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EC2277

@sir_lenopow said:

hey I've been thinking about starting all new Xmen but I've only read DC Comics up to this point and I'm not entirely sure how this works. I find the concept of the people from the past being brought to the Future interesting, but I've never read any Marvel Comics and I'm not sure if this is a place I can start. I need help :P

You can start with All New X-Men only if you know what happened first. Maybe you can find on Wikipedia the synopsis of "House of M", "Decimation, "Schisms", "Messiah complex" and "Avengers versus X-Men", because these story arcs are the starting point of the events of ANXM.

I cease to read the x-book ten years ago and now I have begun again, reading those synopsis and after I started with ANXM without problem.

Koyas is right: there are some lack in the plot, some errors in the dialogues and the develop of the story is slow. But isn't a bad story and could become a very interesting book.

I don't know what kind of stories like you, but you can try to read the first books and then you will be able to decide if continue or choose another title.

I can't recommend you some other title, because in this moment I read only All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, which start after All New X-Men 6 and Cyclops, which start after All New X-Men 24.

If I had to give a grade to ANXM and UnXM, I would give a grade between C and B both of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.