All new Xmen help

#1 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished reading All new Xmen issue 5 and the last Jean said to Scott to stay the hell away from. Did I miss something in the issue because I dont understand why she said it.

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

Just finished reading All new Xmen issue 5 and the last Jean said to Scott to stay the hell away from. Did I miss something in the issue because I dont understand why she said it.

When she read Beast's mind she inadvertently saw everything that had happened to future Jean and Scott.

Most likely she hated what happened between them and what happened to future Scott. Maybe she thought that by stopping their relationship none of the stuff that happened to them would come to pass; Jean's death, Scott's merge with Apocalypse, Scott's relationship with Emma, Scott becoming a mutant revolutionary etc. In effect, maybe she thinks that it'll save both of them.

That, or she was just pissed with O5 Scott for everything that Revolutionary Cyclops has done.

#3 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: great thanks

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

@John Valentine: great thanks

Not a problem! Any other questions, feel free to PM!

#5 Posted by knighthood (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

I think she is purposely trying to avoid Scott to prevent the present from happening. Their relationship is key to many things that have happened with the X-Men.

#6 Posted by TheDarkSalmon (38 posts) - - Show Bio

is this book worth reading? ive only read whedons run

#7 Posted by RawrImADragon (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheDarkSalmon: I would say it is but there are a good amount of people on this forum who would tell you otherwise. That being said, so far it isn't essential X-Men reading as Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is, so don't go into it with that expectation. But it is fun and worthwhile as long as you aren't totally opposed to the notion of time travel.

#8 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's rather entertaining.

"Why is the water in bottles? Is there something wrong with the water?"

Seeing some of the culture shock and such is humorous to me. And, seeing how Young Scott and Old Scott both make points to Logan with Optic Blasts.

#9 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph: GAWD yes! I died when Cyke freaked over the price the fugging magazine.

Wolvie hates cyclops...ah. Things are finally getting back to a semi-normal (or perhaps recognizable is a better word choice) status. Who wants to play baseball? I feel like I'm reading an X-Men book at last.

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis said:

@DarkxSeraph: GAWD yes! I died when Cyke freaked over the price the fugging magazine.

Wolvie hates cyclops...ah. Things are finally getting back to a semi-normal (or perhaps recognizable is a better word choice) status. Who wants to play baseball? I feel like I'm reading an X-Men book at last.

>____________>

#11 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: haha! oh, it's not all that bad, buddy. Did you read the new issue? hahaha!

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@AgeofHurricane: haha! oh, it's not all that bad, buddy. Did you read the new issue? hahaha!

Yes, it is that f*cking bad.

#13 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: so you've read it then?

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Yep

#15 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: mind if I ask why?

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: So my opinion remains educated.

#17 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: hahaha!

smart.

okay, so you're a masochist; I give up.

#18 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3872 posts) - - Show Bio

if this is called all-new x-men, then why is it full of old x-men such as the O5????? hmmm........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.